[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder explains the latest sound from Tamla ...FUNKADELIC!

Last edited by P-Shark: The Revenge; 01-28-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Great!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it

way cool.......

that was great!

If only we could get the footage of Stevie in the front row of the 20 Grand playing along with Funkadelic.

Thanks P-Shark !!!

My pleasure GeeTee

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    If only we could get the footage of Stevie in the front row of the 20 Grand playing along with Funkadelic.
    Interesting. So there's actual footage? When did this take place?
    You know that back in Oct 92, the day before Eddie Kendricks died, Stevie joined P-Funk on stage. Nobody was expecting that. I didn't attend that show, however I did go to the Berkeley show the day before. GC was on Ricky Vincent's History Of Funk and said if anyone taped that show he would pay them for the tape.

Digesting this artifact and the history behind it ,I had some ,"things that make you say hmmm" ,thoughts. I find it interesting that he used that term "FUNKADELIC" . In 69 ,we all know that George and Co. were making a big splash in DETROIT. 20 Grand etc ,and MOTOWN artists and staff were at those shows. Now Stevie was 18-19 at the time ,...........Hangin out in the CLUB ,checking out an element that would inspire his own music .
    You notice the article says "He arrived with a new taperecorder and boxes of tape." Now I have always thought that this was when STEVIE was really starting to develop his albums and music after Sign Sealed Delivered. Stevie was a big cut-up as said by many MOTOWN artists ,played a lot of tricks ,but learned a lot too. I remember there was a story ,that STEVIE would make calls to order equipment and stuff ,imitating BERRY GORDYS voice. I bet that's how he got that tape recorder and thats about the time he got some money cause he came of age. His contract had two more years when he would be 21 , so sshhiii !!!!!!! ,I know Stevie was feelin himself , I believe that this article shows how STEVIE was thinking at that time in 1969. What was that , just before .......WONDERLOVE????