[REMOVE ADS]

No jones girls tv performances on youtube

Was searching youtube for some television or live performances of The Jones Girls and to my surprise did not find any. I saw several of their songs posted and a concept music video or two. There are also a few recent clips of Shirley Jones singing live. I remember seeing them on Soul Train, Mike Douglas and Dinah back in the day. Just wrote this as a gripe. Would be nice to see the ladies in action and I don't care if it's lip synced or not. If anyone comes across any, please post.

I always wondered that too. I always remember that fantastic performance they did on "Dance Fever" in 1979 when they sang "You're Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else"! They were simply spectacular in there delivery and choreography in that appearance. I have wanted to see it again for 30 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Was searching youtube for some television or live performances of The Jones Girls and to my surprise did not find any. I saw several of their songs posted and a concept music video or two. There are also a few recent clips of Shirley Jones singing live. I remember seeing them on Soul Train, Mike Douglas and Dinah back in the day. Just wrote this as a gripe. Would be nice to see the ladies in action and I don't care if it's lip synced or not. If anyone comes across any, please post.
    Glen, every few months I have searched for some of the Jones Girls television appearances. No luck either. I know that they are out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Check out this Jones Girls Facebook page to see a few live performance https://www.facebook.com/groups/thejonesgirlsdetroit/

Thanx for posting the link. Their facebook page is AWESOME. Very informative and full of great links. Here's one great clip http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2544799413763

Also saw this gorgeous picture on there Name:  jonesgirls.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  12.5 KB

Was listening to a nice Lou Rawls Philly 2-cd this weekend and heard their great distinctive backing vocals on some of the tracks!

Didn't realize that they did a lot of backing vocals for Helen Reddy.

Sometimes I wish they would put the names of group member under their picture so we would know who is who. Can someone tell me which Jones Girl in the picture above passed away?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Sometimes I wish they would put the names of group member under their picture so we would know who is who. Can someone tell me which Jones Girl in the picture above passed away?
    From left to right: Shirely, Brenda, Valorie.

Valorie passed away.

I've always found it odd that there appears to be no live footage of them on youtube or other like sites. Especially when there is of their contemporaries like Alton Mclain and Destiny. The Jones Girls harmonies were as tight as The Emotions;
    very few girl groups could get that close whether they were actually related or not. Valorie was only 45 or so when she
    passed but for the life of me I can't remember what from...Anyone know?
    And unfortunately I can't view the above posted links as I am not and will never be on Facebook, but it's nice to know
    she is remembered...

I believe she passed away from breast cancer. I, too, will never be on Facebook!

It's really weird that there are no clips of them singing live. I always thought that you could literally find anything on youtube. Although not quite what you are looking for, there are clips of them singing backup on youtube.

I love "Who Can I Run To"!