[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Joe Paterno.

It has been announced that Penn State's Joe Paterno passed away from lung cancer. Rest in peace Joe Pa.

Marv

It's better if you provide a legit link. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ead/52737230/1

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    It's better if you provide a legit link. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ead/52737230/1
    This is the man who knew about and ignored Jerry Sandusky's heinous crimes against innocent young boys for decades.

I hope he asked the Lord to forgive him before he passed on.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    This is the man who knew about and ignored Jerry Sandusky's heinous crimes against innocent young boys for decades.

Roberta
    I hope you are not even attempting to be judgemental of Coach Paterno.

dianesfan_1965 Guest

Roberta
    That's for DAMN sure. OJ Simpson was a great football player, but he's still a murdering asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hope you are not even attempting to be judgemental of Coach Paterno.
    Why not? Karma, man!

Why not? Karma, man!
    Thank you Soulster. I have marv2 on ignore but find it rich that he's telling me that I shouldn't judge JoPa.

Paterno may have been the best for Penn State football but by not doing enough to stop and report Sandusky to the authorities for child molestation has tarnished his reputation. Joe Paterno learned of at least one accusation against Sandusky in 2002, when graduate assistant Mike McQueary told Paterno he witnessed Sandusky molesting a boy of about 10 years old in the showers of the Lasch Football Building. Paterno told university officials but not police, a decision that ultimately led to his downfall.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the innocent boys who were raped and ruined by Sandusky not for a man who lived a long and successful 85 years and probably kept Sandusky's evil deeds a secret IMO. That said, I do hope he repented and asked the Lord for contrition before he left this earth.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 01-22-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Why not? Karma, man!
    Karma? He was 83 years old with lung cancer. I would think he didn't have much longer anyway. Yes this child abuse,rape scandal surely had some effect on his health. It had an effect on mine as I was sick to my stomach when I first heard the details of it.

Thank you Soulster. I have marv2 on ignore but find it rich that he's telling me that I shouldn't judge JoPa.

Paterno may have been the best for Penn State football but by not doing enough to stop and report Sandusky to the authorities for child molestation has tarnished his reputation. Joe Paterno learned of at least one accusation against Sandusky in 2002, when graduate assistant Mike McQueary told Paterno he witnessed Sandusky molesting a boy of about 10 years old in the showers of the Lasch Football Building. Paterno told university officials but not police, a decision that ultimately led to his downfall.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the innocent boys who were raped and ruined by Sandusky not for a man who lived a long and successful 85 years and probably kept Sandusky's evil deeds a secret IMO. That said, I do hope he repented and asked the Lord for contrition before he left this earth.

Roberta
    Thank you for having me on ignore, it is much appreciated. The point I was hoping to make was that if you look at the man's life in it's entirety, you would know he did much more good than he did bad [[that we are aware of....). He helped many, many students players and non-players get a good solid education because of the overall football program he helped build. I don't know what was in the man's heart, but I chose to believe that he was broken and grieved by all of this. You mentioned graduate assistant Mike McQueary , my question is why didn't he punch the shit out of Mr. Sandusky and get him away from the boy when he saw it happening?