[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Sorry Marv, but I don't understand how anyone could "LOL" at alcoholism and drunk driving. Those are serious life threatening issues.
    Carlo for better understanding. I am not laughing at the issue [[I've known people personally that have died from acoholism and a good friend of mine's Mother was killed in a horrific accident driving drunk). What I find amusing in the above is that a Diana Ross fan proposes that we should not believe what we "hear" about her and Soulster picks out an example of where there is legitimate proof of something that was "heard about" in the form of audio, video and written documentation by the authorities.

Marv, read Soulster's post again... there's a question mark at the end, i'm not sure, but I think we may be taking his post exactly backwards to what he meant.

ok let me try that.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Soulster you can believe it. There was video of her arrest shown on television with the "unedited" version shown on the internet for quite sometime. You'd better believe it! LOL!!!!!
    Oh, I know it's true! I live around Tucson and saw it on the local news channel after it happened.

It was me who said, "Don't believe EVERYTHING you read". It's obvious that you guys know I was talking about gossip and rumours. The smart ass reply that was made to my post was made in poor taste and just another excuse to make a cheap dig at Diana. Totally uncalled for.

jonc Guest
    Carlo for better understanding. I am not laughing at the issue [[I've known people personally that have died from acoholism and a good friend of mine's Mother was killed in a horrific accident driving drunk). What I find amusing in the above is that a Diana Ross fan proposes that we should not believe what we "hear" about her and Soulster picks out an example of where there is legitimate proof of something that was "heard about" in the form of audio, video and written documentation by the authorities.
    Please..........you were like a pig in shit when Diana got arrested for the DUI and don't even try denying it. All your vile postings are in the archives over in the Mary Wilson Yahoo group. You need to get some serious therapy marv2. Your obsession with Diana Ross is unhealthy and disturbing.

Talk about a disgusting human being. Putting others lives at risk to take a damn movie back to the blockbuster, and from a woman worth millions who could have paid staff run such earrands, she could use a limo, i'm sure the bitch could afford at least a CAB. But as usual, selfish people tend to not think of others, and what their actions mean to other people. This one thing people have said about Diana over and over again through the years... she's not an EVIL person or anything... she can be rather nice sometimes, but she also is selfish and has zero consideration for others. And of course, Karma came back to bite her in the butt. Hopefully now she's an old woman, maybe she's gaining some perspective.

Are we back talking about the Queen again? Deeda?

Rick James said she was one of the finest people he had ever met.

There are people on Soulful Detroit that know her well that would say the same. And they would repeat what we've been told many times - there will be no more reunions and her children will ensure that.

And there are people that don't like her.

And you can say the same thing for me and every other person on here. Probably we can even find someone that doesn't like Carlo much as opposed to 15 that think he is a wonderful guy. And Marv? Well, enough said.

Oh, I know, Rob... but of course Rick James was not exactly a man with good judgement. But I dind't say she was a horrible person, like many, she's got good sides and bad sides. It's just when your bad side endangers people's lives is when that crosses the line.

Jobeterob, what are you saying about me?

I am saying I missed many of you...........but I've had a great mountain holiday. I cant wait to see if I can post the fighter jet against the glaciers - we'll see. I gotta get home to do that.

And anything more.........well, I guess we'll have to leave that to the various imaginations; and they are rich on SD.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  21.1 KB
    I like songs because of the music and singing. I am not a fan of the person or group as individuals ,only his or her or their singing. i will still like their music, even if I find out I don't like the way the person behaves. I still love my sisters and brother, even if I don't like the way they are behaving at the moment. My parents told me that they met James Brown when they took the same airplane flight. They told me he was rude to several people, and he had a "garbage mouth" [[e.g. every other word out of his mouth was a swear word). I still like the recordings of him and his group that I've always liked [[and like them the same amount). I still dislike the songs of his I've always disliked [[the same amount).

It's probably BEST you do........

I'am a fan until I have a nasty encounter with them...I have a friend who met one of the Clark Sisters and and the one she met was very cordial friendly and down to earth..she ran into her coming out of an elevator...

Some family members met Lena Horne and got their picture taken with her..she was very down to earth..

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Talk about a disgusting human being. Putting others lives at risk to take a damn movie back to the blockbuster, and from a woman worth millions who could have paid staff run such earrands, she could use a limo, i'm sure the bitch could afford at least a CAB. But as usual, selfish people tend to not think of others, and what their actions mean to other people. This one thing people have said about Diana over and over again through the years... she's not an EVIL person or anything... she can be rather nice sometimes, but she also is selfish and has zero consideration for others. And of course, Karma came back to bite her in the butt. Hopefully now she's an old woman, maybe she's gaining some perspective.
    She could also just not have gotten bee-hind the wheel while drunk.

I really think Diana has a mood/personality disorder--Im sure these various stories are true--almost a split personality.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I really think Diana has a mood/personality disorder--Im sure these various stories are true--almost a split personality.
    That wouldn't surprise me... she could be Bi-polar.... or in good old fashioned 70's terms.. Manic Depressive.

No, what she is , she is a pathological narcissitic psychopath. Meaning that she could sit there and watch you die and not feel a thing.

no, what she is , she is a pathological narcissitic psychopath. Meaning that she could sit there and watch you die and not feel a thing.
    Again..I am not going to post what I wrote..not worth it......
    Last edited by Livingallalone; 09-05-2010 at 02:12 AM.

jonc Guest
    No, what she is , she is a pathological narcissitic psychopath. Meaning that she could sit there and watch you die and not feel a thing.
    That's rich coming from a pathological liar who can't even spell "narcissistic."

I think you have gone beyond free speech here. You have made a diagnosis, that I doubt you are qualified to make. Aside from being slanderous, your remark is disrespectful, taunting and way over the line. Not to mention totally sad. If someone made a similar remark about Mary Wilson, I am sure you would be foaming at the mouth and demanding that the moderator step in.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I think you have gone beyond free speech here. You have made a diagnosis, that I doubt you are qualified to make. Aside from being slanderous, your remark is disrespectful, taunting and way over the line. Not to mention totally sad. If someone made a similar remark about Mary Wilson, I am sure you would be foaming at the mouth and demanding that the moderator step in.
    Oh trust me sophisticated_soul, he's said much, much worse about Miss Ross. You should read the vile things he writes in his Mary Wilson yahoo group.

Marv2 claims to be "Mary's" number one fan but he spends more time following and trashing Mary's former singing partner Miss Ross. He has a very sick obsession with Diana Ross.

Who is this person, since all he said was good things.
    Sorry jf, altho I love satisfying curiosity when possible, I only posted info shared with me that I thought was not overly personal. The unnamed party shared other info that might be considered more personal, altho not negatively impacting Diana's personality. Though a very few out there might be able to correctly determine who I'm referring to, I wouldn't feel comfortable tossing his name around in this topic without his prior permission.

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    That's rich coming from a pathological liar who can't even spell "narcissistic."
    It's even richer coming from the poster two entries above that. He can diagnose a mood/personality disorder but can't properly post a damn link!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Now that is SOOOO TRUE!!!!

Mary Wilson is very friendly.. and extremely funny. i attended some function, oh maybe a decade ago now and she began chatting with a few of us, telling jokes and THEN invited us all to a club with her.

Rebbie Jackson was very rude to a friend of mine once.. but then perhaps we shouldn't have called her hotel room!! LMAO hahahahahahaha

i still own her 4 albums.

The jacksons have a history of being nice to their fans -I wrote to Latoya when I was at school - she wrote back,Janet was nice to my old make up artist in a club with her dancers..although in Boy Georges autobiography he approached Janet on the Solid Gold set sans make up and she was cold to him..later one of her dancers appeared in his dressing room with a video camera asking him to say a few words to Janet..he told her to stick the camera up her etc..a short time later Janet was at his dressing room door apologising for being rude she explained she didnt recognise him and thought he was a fan..he told her even if he was just a fan that was no way to treat someone...a year later they were both on the set of Top Of The Pops and he waved at her and she just gave an icy stare back...when she came to The Virgin records office I worked - for a meet and greet and to recieve her platinum disc for Velvet Rope sales she couldnt have been nicer..I still have a beautiful signed photo..it just depends on the mood of the celebrity I guess...

What an interesting story, nomis! Boy George has always been known for being very loving to his fans, he's a smart man, knows which side his bread is buttered on... and he also is someone who never likes to hurt people's feelings, i'm told.

Thanks jill - he had a similar experience with Tina Turner -Elton john introduced them backstage after his show..Tina turned her back and wouldnt talk to George..Faye Dunaway saved the moment by giving him a big hug...Boy george wrote that he hated Tina for years after that and only forgave her when he saw the Whats Love Got To Do With it film of her life...

I love these stories... Faye Dunaway? I wonder if she's as big of a diva as has been portrayed?

I've heard and witnessed every crazy story @ my girl Anita Baker.....Im still somewhat of a fan but not like I used to be because some of this behavouir is not warranted

I saw the photo's of the AB group at the show and dinner sounds like you all had a great time. In Fact I may have meet you at my LAST [[and will be my last) Anita show 3 or so years ago.My buddy from New Orelans flew up as he had never seen her before.

Bill

Anita must have really left a lot of folks with a bad taste in their mouths..Because she sure is the 1st name to pop up.....But im not brain washed, trust me Ive seen it myself.Now I dont even bother her or go near her. I let the others do all the fan stuff..I cant tell you why she acts like that.But funny enough she has a fb page trying to reach out to the fans.Oh yeah she has a new cd coming out lol..........

It's probably best not to know how what musical heroes are like. It can totally ruin your appreciation of their music for you.

Had a Pal that Meet Lady gaga this weekend [[the show was really great btw) but he got a tip where she went after the show for dinner and low and behold she was there. She was not only nice she stopped her limo and got out and took pictures and did the whole nine yards. Needless to say, he is more GAGA love than ever. LOL

Now personally I would have thought a Second bad about gaga had she had her car speed off into the night but it was great that she did it this way-

U know what else is funny As I was boarding my plane to Detroit to see Anita I ran into the Wonderful Marvin Winans,And I asked why didnt u and Anita ever duet Aint No Need to worry..boy the look on his face said a thousand words

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    U know what else is funny As I was boarding my plane to Detroit to see Anita I ran into the Wonderful Marvin Winans,And I asked why didnt u and Anita ever duet Aint No Need to worry..boy the look on his face said a thousand words
    I really more and more feel that Anita must have Bi-polar or something going on-but Phyllis was Bi-polar and got her self in some bad situations but a fan that "came Right" was never to my eyes ever dished or ignored. However, I guess everyone can have different ways they show their problems.
    Still, if your a public figure it's not really anyone else's problem what YOUR trouble's are, especially when you want them to buy your cds and your concert tickets.....Not that they owe the public their souls but common respect yes......

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Livingallalone View Post
    I really more and more feel that Anita must have Bi-polar or something going on-but Phyllis was Bi-polar and got her self in some bad situations but a fan that "came Right" was never to my eyes ever dished or ignored. However, I guess everyone can have different ways they show their problems.
    Still, if your a public figure it's not really anyone else's problem what YOUR trouble's are, especially when you want them to buy your cds and your concert tickets.....Not that they owe the public their souls but common respect yes......

Bill
    You make a great point. Many performers are just fine if you "come right", and not act like some nutcake. If your'e just respectful and talk like a normal person.... then much of the time, you'll be good. If you try and pump someone for gossip, then that's gonna put someone off alot of times. But like you said, if you simply say "Good morning" and they give you the hand... then that's their problem for sure. Most people don't even do that to a total stranger, let alone someone that buys your products and pays your bills.

I'm thinking famous people feel threatened and paranoid. They know most people they meet are out for a piece of them. There are also a lot of nutjobs out there. They get death threats and morons who want to have their babies. People want to sue. They get no peace and privacy. I almost can't blame them if they do have a "bad day".

OTOH, they should have thought about that before they decided they wanted to get famous.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I'm thinking famous people feel threatened and paranoid. They know most people they meet are out for a piece of them. There are also a lot of nutjobs out there. They get death threats and morons who want to have their babies. People want to sue. They get no peace and privacy. I almost can't blame them if they do have a "bad day".

OTOH, they should have thought about that before they decided they wanted to get famous.
    You got THAT right. I hate puttin up people's stupidity... that's why I'd never want to be famous, I'd consider it a curse, to tell you the truth. Of course it depends... most people like "some" success.... but like robin gibb said once he liked "Meausured, respectable success" like they had in 1968-74, once things went into that "Fever" period and you lose control over it, then he HATED it. most performers, I bet even Anita Baker... would be pissed if NOBODY ever came up to them, and people stopped buying thier records and coming to their shows. If she wants to be left alone, she better be careful what she wishes for. And you know, that incident with Anita in the coffee shop, if she didn't want to be bothered or approached at ALL... she could have made her own damn coffee at home, or if she was away from home, ordered it from ROOM SERVICE.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 09-07-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Hey Jill - Boy George has written about how some fans actually want singers to be rude to them..its gives some of them a sense of importance or something like that..Madonna was infamous in the 80s and 90s for telling fans to F@#K Off when they asked her for autographs..and they got off on it..Boy George wrote about a similar thing when he was a teenage fan waiting outside Bowies house - His then wife Angie opened a window and shouted out for the pesky Bowie fans below to F#@k Off and George wrote that he was happy to have had any response at all....

You got THAT right. I hate puttin up people's stupidity... that's why I'd never want to be famous, I'd consider it a curse, to tell you the truth. Of course it depends... most people like "some" success.... but like robin gibb said once he liked "Meausured, respectable success" like they had in 1968-74, once things went into that "Fever" period and you lose control over it, then he HATED it. most performers, I bet even Anita Baker... would be pissed if NOBODY ever came up to them, and people stopped buying thier records and coming to their shows. If she wants to be left alone, she better be careful what she wishes for. And you know, that incident with Anita in the coffee shop, if she didn't want to be bothered or approached at ALL... she could have made her own damn coffee at home, or if she was away from home, ordered it from ROOM SERVICE.
    Far From that-she is all over the damn place. I must have seen her about 3 or 4 years, in CVS, Kroger, Post office and often in the Coffee store. Now I had nodded towards her and said Hello and that was ok..but this was the FIRST Time I ever tried to speak with her. Now prior other vists I had seen her reading, talking on her cell phone or w/paper work. This day she had nothing...wasn't reading not on the phone and I thought she must know me by now [[from face) and was going to tell her about the book I published [[Not written by, however the writer told me to Give her a copy) so I thought this was the perfect time. Sadly had she heard me out, she may really have been intersted...but....we know how that story ended.......

old knucklehead strikes again....

Yes Im afraid I cant even defend her.I think she has short lady sydrome or something.....My friend won a contest from a National TV show to meet Anita .Do you know Anita would'nt meet her and made her stay backstage until she left the studio.Let's just say things between anita and the staff did'nt go well after that

sorry Abfan - I love Anita but that kind of behaviour is ridiculous and petty..all she had to do was say "hi" sign a picture and have a photo taken with the contest winner..it would have taken five minutes,made the fan happy instead she generates bad feelings all round..the energy to say "no" is much more than saying yes..karma comes around..very sad as I love her music so much..once again knucklehead strikes...

Theres a touching scene in john lennons "Imagine" documentary where a fan from America has been sleeping rough in the grounds of Lennons UK residence for days hoping to meet him..John invites him in for breakfast and explains when he was making the Beatles music he had no idea who would be listening to his songs..its tragic that another fan with the same sort of thought process would murder him in just a few years time.....

You got THAT right. I hate puttin up people's stupidity... that's why I'd never want to be famous, I'd consider it a curse, to tell you the truth. Of course it depends... most people like "some" success.... but like robin gibb said once he liked "Meausured, respectable success" like they had in 1968-74, once things went into that "Fever" period and you lose control over it, then he HATED it. most performers, I bet even Anita Baker... would be pissed if NOBODY ever came up to them, and people stopped buying thier records and coming to their shows. If she wants to be left alone, she better be careful what she wishes for.
    But, they sure love the money!

Y'all keep talking about Anita baker. I honestly do not follow her career and the last album I got by her is "Giving You The Best That I've Got", but she must have evil pinned to the red, the way you all talk!

soulster Anita still has a loyal fan base and she can still bring her signature sound to the audience.She hasn't lost that much but her personal treatment to her fans is outrageous..... BTW she has 4 more cd's after that.....Compositions which is her best to me...Rhythm of Love.....My Everything and a Christmas CD

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    soulster Anita still has a loyal fan base and she can still bring her signature sound to the audience.She hasn't lost that much but her personal treatment to her fans is outrageous..... BTW she has 4 more cd's after that.....Compositions which is her best to me...Rhythm of Love.....My Everything and a Christmas CD
    Although Anita is off her "peak" of the 80's and early 90's she still has the magic as a Singer. The last time I saw her was 3 years ago and while she had us wait nearly 2 hours for her to take the stage, once she did she was still in fine voice and while more or less leaning on her past hits than anything new, that can be said about many many many.....

While I never considered Anita a "favorite" I did always buy her cds and every few years attending her concerts. Now mind you I had encountered her when I worked for Phyllis and I had to walk through the door way she was standing in front of her..as I came close to her she said "NO AUTOGRAPHS OR PHOTOS" and I just smiled and said that's ok I need to walk through the door....needless to say I told Phyllis and she had a few choice words about Miss b...but whatever...I got over that
    The 2010 encounter not so much......I got 16,000 songs on my ipods..she has 52 of those songs..I will listen to someone else...

Bill