[REMOVE ADS]

The Ralphe Armstrong Show

The Ralphe Armstrong Show

UDetroit Live January 21, 2012 2:31 AM

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19894039

Who said live music was dead??!!!

Special Mac Guest at around the 1:24 mark….. Drew jammed too... LOL

M, that is the most fun I had with my clothes on. Thanks for sharing it. Questions tomorrow.

It was pretty cool wasn't it. The band was jamming and Ronnie's crew had never played with the other guys....that's what I call professional musicians!!!!!!

I think it's still on the net but I'm trying to do a million things right now. I'll look for the link later and..... ask away....if I don't know the answer I'll find out what the answer is....LOL

Hey everyone!
    The video can be found here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19894039

The first half features The Next Generation Funk Brothers, led by Spider Webb on drums, with the whole crew that toured with the Funks after Standing In The Shadows of Motown. The second half is Ronnie, and it was a blast when everyone got up for the last few songs. Ralphe puts on a great show.

Fantastic to see you on there too, Drew.

Thanks so much Dave! It was awesome to be able to do the tambourine thing with Spider, his playing always feels great.

Spider is looking and sounding great, and Ronnie was a revelation to me - so much talent in one person. Does he ever take a rest?

My question, M and Drew, has to do with Mr Turhan Terrell. We've been hooked up on Facebook for some time. I know he is a fan of Earl Van Dyke, that he got about a million miles closer than I did to playing like him, and that he bills himself as Earl Van Dyke Junior, but there is very little out there about him. What do you guys know?

Turhan is Earl's son, Duke's nephew, The MD for the Tops, and a hell of a musician!

Ye Gods. I had no idea. I must talk to him. Thanks Drew. Do you have a contact for him, or would you put him in touch with me?

Just sent you a message, give me a call when you get the time!

LOL...told ya I'd get you an answer Dave.....LOL

does Ronnie ever sleep....musically...NOPE....LOL....and folks need to stop sleeping on him...he's a bad mama jama....LOL

...wait til you here, "Nobody Does It Like the King of Rock and Roll"......it's Ronnie like you never heard him before singing a tribute to Elvis Presley....coming soon at a CDbaby near you...a video too

I'm not even going to imagine that one until I see it, M.

hahahahaha.....

My left eyebrow went up when he first told me about it Dave but I have to tell ya.....after hearing the track I was convinced he knew what he was doing.....LOL...

Just finished fine tuning the art work with CDbaby so hopefully it will go live in the next 24 to 72 hours but I'll let you guys know.

Name:  Copy of ad for nobody did it like the king.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  97.5 KB