[REMOVE ADS]

The Shirelles live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWsDB...eature=related Lets give these ladies credit! Did they come up with their own dance routines etc...?

They deserve all the credit in the world. Great song.

I like the way Micki is ad libbing! Last week I got the Shirelles Lost and Found from Amazon and I really like it! I could never get into these girls too much until I got older because I though they were boring but I have a deeper appreciation for them now. Historically there is no question they opened doors like the Chantels and they really dont get the notoriety they deserve but they all had good voices and if anyone is a Shirelles fan I would recommend the Lost and Found CD some of the songs on there are very good. Last Minute Miracle is one of those songs I wished had made the top 40 it was much more deserving of a higher chart placement.

I like that this is totally live. Great look and sound!

The Shirelles always put on a good show. I saw them LIVE many times in the late 60's early 70's.They had a good act & they all had that natural charisma.

I've been looking forever for a CD [[don't think it's ever been released on CD?). It was the Shirelles "Live" and I'm assuming by the choice of songs it was recorded in the 70's. They did a couple of Marvin Gaye songs on it. I can't remember the title of the LP. There was a picture of 3 of them in red dresses on the cover. Does anyone remember that LP? Micki was still in the group. This was a GREAT LP!

Th ey had a LIVE LP on Scepter titled Spontaneous Combustion mid-late 60's & that is available on CD

I have that live CD. I think that was around 1967. This recording [[it was also called Spontaneous Combustion?). They sang "What's Going On" [[Marvin's song). It had to have been from the 70's. Sadly, my records went years ago, so I have no reference at this point. Sure wish I could find it, again. Maybe it was a "live" bootleg? Whatever, it was a great LP.

They put out an album on RCA called "THE SHIRELLES" where they sang a medley of Inner City Blues, Mercy Mercy Me, and What's Going On. The album itself isn't live, but has photos of the group in concert on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They put out an album on RCA called "THE SHIRELLES" where they sang a medley of Inner City Blues, Mercy Mercy Me, and What's Going On. The album itself isn't live, but has photos of the group in concert on the back.
    That's IT Reese! Thank you. I was beginning to think I was losing my mind! Do you know if this has ever been on CD. I'd love to get my hands on it again. The girls sounded great. Thanks again.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of their post-Scepter albums have made it to cd.

isn't the name of the RCA LP "Happy & In Love" or something like that I know I've got it somewhere.

Actually, the LP I had that Reese mentioned was titled "Spontaneous Combustion"....which is odd as that was the name of the LP that was released in the 60's. This is a completely different LP. I was not aware of the 60's release and when I got my version in the 70's, I thought it was a cool title [[that's how I remembered it). There were three Shirelles on my LP. I wonder why it was called "Spontaneous Combustion", also? My LP's have been gone for years now, so, I don't have a reference. I have no idea what label this was on.

The only SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION I know of is the one that was released on Scepter. The group was still a quartet, and Doris looks like she's wearing a maternity outfit on the cover.

They had two albums on RCA: HAPPY AND IN LOVE and THE SHIRELLES. The Marvin Gaye medley is on the latter. Doris was gone by this time, leaving Beverly, Shirley, and Micki.

I have the 60's Spontaneous Combustion on CD [[along with another LP). I bought this thinking it was the one I had and was disappointed it wasn't the one I wanted [[though I enjoyed the other one, too). Could the one I had been a bootleg of some kind or another record company picked it up and re-named it? I DO remember it was called that as I thought it was such a cool title back then. Man, wish I had kept it, but, sold off all my LP's 20 years ago. I guess this will remain one of those mysteries.
    Last edited by blueskies; 01-18-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Great performance,as for the moves they may have gotten some tips from cholly adkins.