[REMOVE ADS]

Remembering the hardest working man in show business five years later

Hey everyone! Below is a link to an article I wrote for Soultrain.com back in December, five years after we lost the Godfather of Soul, the hardest working man in show business, James Brown. Hope you all enjoy the read.

http://soultrain.com/2011/12/26/reme...e-years-later/

Nice article! Thank you!

thanks funkyone71, great article...JB will ALWAYS be the greatest entertainer of all time and a hero to me. I can't even count the times I've seen him LIVE from the 60's on.Like Mary Wells , I think of him all the time.

Thanks soulster and motony!! I believe we have to keep the memories of our legends and heroes alive.

James Brown, James Brown, James Brown.
    One of the greatest of all. When you're down and out, or kind a sad, put his music on with some volume, and the sheer power of his soul, will enligthen the bottom of your soul. It will make you feel that all is possible, nothing is impossible.
    Beside that, he influenced a hell lot of people in a many ways, and gave others unforgetable memories. He was a thinker, and one that cared 'bout the world and people. A real Funky man he was.

I always remember how peaceful and lovely Mr. Brown looked in his casket during his homecoming service. Sing and dance for the angels dearest Godfather.

http://www.google.com/search?q=james...w=1495&bih=908

I met James in the late 80's when he played the Tralfamadore Cafe in Buffalo. He was EXACTLY as you'd think he was--grand, larger than life, and definitely running the show. He had amazing backup singers with blonde beehive wigs [[well, at least one of them did--she was quite a vision)and hot pants with go go boots! It was 1966--only twenty some years later!

The JAmes Brown Show in the 60's & 70's was an EVENT, not just a concert.The chills that would go through my whole body , I mean you would just about have an "out of body"expierience.In the early 70's a new dance the Chicken, well it was a cool dance but seeing JB do it for the first time was incredible. When he came across that stage doin that chicken it was like a wave goin through the thousands of us in the crowd .In the 60's it was the Camel Walk, nobody could do it like JB.