[REMOVE ADS]

The Eagles caught lip syncing their live shows

“This is huge” is the name of the YouTube video posted by Wings of Pegasus.

In the video, he does a computer analysis of Don Henley’s “live” vocal to demonstrate it is not live. In fact, it was recorded in a studio to sound live. Don Henley has been using this exact same vocal recording for years in his concerts.

I can only imagine how many other older artists are doing the same.

you can't hide
    your lyin' .....

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    you can't hide
    your lyin' .....
    For Real [LOL]!

I think it is called a click track that allows the prerecorded voices to be used over music being played live. They mouth the words perfectly by reading them from a teleprompter at the foot of the stage.

Is there any artist over a certain age not using click tracks today at least during part of the show if not the entire show?

I am glad the cat is finally out of the bag.

Spoiler alert: Frankie Valli has been doing it for years. There's a video showing him lip syncing the high notes on Sherry for over a decade up on YouTube. Give him a break though - he still tours heavily at 90!

All that being said - there is nothing wrong to an extent of singing over a vocal support track or lip syncing in my book. Our idols age and most singers would be out of a job after their 50's if we demanded they sounded just like they did in their 20's. A warts and all show might be authentic but that's not the expectation most have when they see acts like The Eagles. They want it to be 1977 again and at those ticket prices it should be.

except Diana Ross spends more time being distracted by her fidgeting with her enhancement devices than performing.

View Tony Orlando's final concert . He doesn't sound thirty nor is he pretending he is.

He doesn't sound perfect. He sounds authentic. And the banter itself in real time is worth the experience.

I guess it does depend on what one's goal is when attending a show.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; Yesterday at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Spoiler alert: Frankie Valli has been doing it for years. There's a video showing him lip syncing the high notes on Sherry for over a decade up on YouTube. Give him a break though - he still tours heavily at 90.
    My hunch is that Frankie Valli does not sing a single note live. No 90-year-old can sound like he does on stage. Impossible.