[REMOVE ADS]

Melba Moore - 'Ain't No Love Lost'

A flat-out killer!

It's a classy affair, as was customary from Van McCoy, but I prefer what Curtis Mayfield did with it for Patti Jo.

A Tom Moulton mix

After a crap day at work I have to say what a tonic it is to spin both of these. I can't really separate them to be honest. Can you imagine if Tom had given Melba a remix though? I'm presuming he didn't but I think that would've tipped the scales.

Although Melba has been the recipient of a fair number of re-issues, she might be a nice candidate for one of those comprehensive packages, such as the one Dionne got or the forthcoming Carla Thomas. Certainly there would be enough material for such a project and I am sure the interest would be there. Agree? Disagree?