[REMOVE ADS]

Al Green Performing In Houston April 27. Anybody Heard Him Recently?

Does he still have the pipes?

From what I know he still sings and preaches every Sunday in Memphis. Everything I've heard about his recent live tour shows has been positive -

Quote Originally Posted by isaamoor View Post
    From what I know he still sings and preaches every Sunday in Memphis. Everything I've heard about his recent live tour shows has been positive -
    Great info Isaamoor. Many thanks!

seen him a couple years ago and he still has the pipes! go seem him you'll be glad you did!

Thank you MadLad! On your recommendation, I have just bought tickets.

Anybody else?

Yes I saw him about 2 years ago with Michael Mccdonald and he blew him off the stage! His voice sounds good, and he has a bit of interaction with the crowd but he isn't on stage very long 50 mins max! the previous time I saw him he was on the bill with Candi Staton who was on stage longer than he was, but you couldn't fault his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Yes I saw him about 2 years ago with Michael Mccdonald and he blew him off the stage! His voice sounds good, and he has a bit of interaction with the crowd but he isn't on stage very long 50 mins max! the previous time I saw him he was on the bill with Candi Staton who was on stage longer than he was, but you couldn't fault his voice.

Thank you for your post!!

Evidently the President has heard him. Check out Obama singing Let's Stay Together