[REMOVE ADS]

When Will I Drum For You Again?

Clem Cattini is a well respected drummer from the UK. However, his website claims he played on the Three Degrees number one hit "When Will I see You Again?". True or bull?

http://www.coda-uk.co.uk/clem_cattini.htm

I'm sure it's Earl Young, recorded in Philly.

That does seem really unlikely as does Cattini's claim to the Kinks, You Really Got Me. Ray Davies has been quoted saying Bobby Graham played that and many other Kinks classics.

In the book House on Fire it seems the Three Degrees recorded, When Will I See You Again in '73 and at around the same time recorded the vocals for MFSB's The Sound of Philadelphia [[The Soul Train Theme). The tracks sound like Philly Soul to me.

That said, Cattini and Graham are the Hal Blaine and Bernard Purdie of the UK. Between them a ton of hit records and classic tunes.

Maybe he played on a later re-recording.....

I would be more than astounded if Clem Cattini had played drums in Sigma......... I cannot conceive any circumstances how Clem could have ever been remotely involved in the recordings...... drummers Earl Young, Karl Chambers and Norman Farrington were a KEY component of the PIR sound.

Furthermore, Artists Direct specifically state:

Young can be heard on the gold single "Cowboys and Girls" [[number one R&B, number six pop, spring 1968), "When We Get Married" [[number eight R&B, summer 1970), as well as the group's later hits, "I'll Always Love My Mama [[Part 1)" [[number six R&B, spring 1973), "I Wanna Know Your Name" [[number nine R&B, fall 1973), and the Three Degrees' platinum single "When Will I See You Again" [[number four R&B, number two pop, fall 1974).

Here is the comprehensive list of all associated with the Three Degrees recordings including "When Will I See You Again" [[If you click on the blue name, more info appears...)

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 01-11-2012 at 08:32 AM.