[REMOVE ADS]

MissLish Guest

O yessss... heaven must've sent this from above! Finally I'm seeing the fantastic girl fleshed out who took the time from a hospital bed to charm and thoroughly enchant a 14 year-old boy when she could have been totally consumed with her pain on a bad day or her fame and accomplishments on a good day. I'll never forget those telephone conversations with Tammi Terrell. I personally witnessed the seemingly impossible... she actually put more soul and personality into her deliberate attention to me than even what I sense in the otherworldly recordings of her angelic voice. O yes, seeing even the previews [[there are 2 of them with previously unseen photos!) brings back so much that NEVER really left me in reality. If Tammi called herself making a lasting impression upon an appreciative young boy who'd grow up to maintain that appreciation as a man for decades, then she definitely scored another massive hit. I think I'm gonna love this documentary although some of it will surely be rough to endure. It's more than worth any pain for us, the lovers of her art, just to see her finally get her DUE! It's a good day.

MissLish....thank you...thank you...thank you!!!
    John

Refresh our memories please on the network and the broadcast times. Thanks.

Find out everything you need to know here:

http://www.tvoneonline.com/shows/show.asp?sid=902

Having watched this clip I just hope that the program will eventually be shown in the UK. As far as 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' is concerned I believe that it was not actually written for Dusty Springfield. In Paul Howes book 'The Complete Dusty Springfield' aka 'the bible' it states that when A&S played it to Dusty she wanted to record it but they were unable to give it to her as they needed it for their Motown portfolio. Maybe someone on here knows the facts for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Having watched this clip I just hope that the program will eventually be shown in the UK. As far as 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' is concerned I believe that it was not actually written for Dusty Springfield. In Paul Howes book 'The Complete Dusty Springfield' aka 'the bible' it states that when A&S played it to Dusty she wanted to record it but they were unable to give it to her as they needed it for their Motown portfolio. Maybe someone on here knows the facts for sure?
    copley...yes. That's what I understood too, about Dusty and "ANMHE"....but I heard it in an interview from her own lips.
    Also...since this show is about Tammi, I'm wondering if they address her being hired at Motown as a solo artist, especially when she had done quite a number of solo recordings prior to their collaborations. From the trailer, the show talks about Tammi as if she were just meant to be a duet with Marvin....which I don't think is necessarily true.

I hope so too John as dear Tammi was so much more than 'just' Marvin's singing partner.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Having watched this clip I just hope that the program will eventually be shown in the UK.
    I doubt it will get a UK showing, have any of the "Unsung" series been shown? I have never seen any. There must be some kind SD friend who would put a copy on DVD for me when it goes out on the 13 September?? LOL Please!

copley posted..."I hope so too John as dear Tammi was so much more than 'just' Marvin's singing partner."

Absolutely! There is a real opportunity here....what with the release of Tammi's 2 cd set, the unsung episode about Tammi and whatever else may develop about her life...to respect Tammi with the truth and beauty of what her life and career were all about. I sadly think, although I hope not, that only the surface will be scratched, and that some things about her recordings will, again, be whitewashed.

A SECOND sneek peak of Tammi's "Unsung"...."Tammi's First Hit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ysbkC5vAGw

Am I the only one who barely looked at Marvin? She was so striking!
    Positive Soul, your post was so heartwarming. RIP homegirl.

Lovely to see. So nice to know that Tammi lives on...Paulo XXX

Ms. Nosey thanks for moseying on in! I'm an unbelievably huge appreciator of the Great Mr. Gaye, but I have to admit for me Tammi is consistently the Grand Scene Stealer!

SO much was lost to the world when we lost Tammi Terrell. She surely would have become a Grammy darling for Motown. Hearing her [[now many) unvaulted cuts from recent years and, just this week yet another release, I am hearing what I have only imagined for years. Often when you wish so strongly for something, the reality can fall short of the fantasy. In Tammi's case, she continues to thrill and even exceed what was hoped for on new releases. These are thrilling musical times folks!!! I only hope the new set is promoted as it deserves.

Tammi Terrell's UnSUNG is the only one I'm looking forward to, though the entire season seems interesting.

Of course they would focus on Tammi's early years. I watched "Tammi's First Hit" before I watched her bit with Marvin.

Oh and for those who forget, it's September 20.

My all time favourite is Cant Stop Now, Love is Calling, from the Irresistable album. I never understood why this was never that popular, especially on the Northern Soul scene. Would have been a smash 45 im sure...Paulo

paulo, that song is definitely "unsung"! It was always a favorite of mine too, although you rarely hear discussion of it.

It's a fav track of mine too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjALrsx8RpU

Found out Tammi's fiance, Dr Ernest Wyman Garrett, died at 84 in March of 2018. Another link to Tammi gone. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by TammiTerrellFan View Post
    Found out Tammi's fiance, Dr Ernest Wyman Garrett, died at 84 in March of 2018. Another link to Tammi gone. RIP
    Thanks for sharing the sad news. But at least Tammi and Ernest can finally be together in paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the sad news. But at least Tammi and Ernest can finally be together in paradise.
    So many of Tammi's friends and fellow artists have passed since Unsung and the My Sister Tommie book came out.