[REMOVE ADS]

Chicago Tribune Article on On-Der-Ful Records in the 1960s

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  21.1 KB
    Here's a link to an interesting news article discussing the early days of George and Ernie Leaners' One-Der-Ful/Mar-V-lus/M-Pac Records, and its "family atmosphere", back in the day. I know that a lot of you Classic Chicago Soul fans will be interested: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-12-30/entertainment/ct-ent-1228-one-derful-records-20111230_1_derful-chicago-soul-soul-singer

thanks.......

interesting, thanks for the link. I always liked Otis Clay and alot of the One-derful stuff.

Yep, thanks for the link also. I'm in Chicago and missed that article [[Sun-Times subscriber). I know what the lady meant when she was looking back to the old days and said "It was surreal." I think the same thing when I think about high school days and old neighborhoods that I lived in as a child. It's akin to a dream or something.

Thanks for the great link, Robb!!

Best,

Mark

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  21.1 KB
    By the way, I was around during their heydey, buying records at Ernie Leaner's United Record Distributors for 50 cents each, and asking One-Der-Ful Records for DJ copies.