[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha Franklin Getting Married

The Queen of Soul will soon have a "King" as Aretha Franklin has announced she is engaged to her longtime friend William 'Willie' Wilkerson. And no, she's not preggers. Ha! Get the deets inside...

Iconic singer Aretha Franklin, who made love songs like "Natural Woman" and "Daydreaming," will soon walk down the aisle with her longtime man friend William Wilkerson.

For now, the queen is considering tying the knot on Miami Beach with an exclusive reception aboard a private yacht. And at 69...why not? But who would do the honors of the dress?

Her rep told PEOPLE,

"Ms. Franklin is considering Donna Karan, Valentino and the queen of wedding dresses, Vera Wang, to design her gown," says her rep.

Speaking of her own nuptials, Ms. Franklin said,

"We're looking at June or July for our date and no, I'm not pregnant, LOL!"

Gotta love the Queen!

Congratulations Queen

Go Ree. I heard Mary J referred to as Queen of R and B on VHI soul divas. I hope Aretha didnt get wind of that although maybe it's ok since they didnt say Queen of SOUL.

Congratulations Aretha

Congrats to her!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Go Ree. I heard Mary J referred to as Queen of R and B on VHI soul divas. I hope Aretha didnt get wind of that although maybe it's ok since they didnt say Queen of SOUL.
    Oh yes!! Remember when Aretha issued a press release four years ago after Beyonce referred to Tina Turner as "The Queen" when performing with her at the Grammies?? That was a hoot.

Interesting too, that no one has ever really taken the title "Queen of R&B", though I do remember the sticker on Miss Ross' cassette single for "If You're Not Gonna Love Me Right" that trumpeted: "The hot new joint from the reigning Queen of R&B!" [[And yes, they used 'reigning', which by 1996 was just a bit of a stretch. lol)

Andif there is one thing I dont think we can accuse Diana of it's being the queen of r&b!