[REMOVE ADS]




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 51 to 69 of 69
  1. #51
    RossHolloway Guest
    Great thread, *bump*

  2. #52
    So, in terms of the GREATEST HITS AND RARE CLASSICS CD [[not the cassette), is the following a correct and complete listing of alternate tracks [[at the time of release)?

    1. EVERYBODY'S GOT THE RIGHT TO LOVE
    Alternate Lead Vocal and Mono Mix

    2. AUTOMATICALLY SUNSHINE
    Alternate Mono Extended Mix

    3. HIGH ENERGY
    Single Edit [[Released Later on "Anthology")

    4. LET YOURSELF GO
    Alternate Version

    5. BAD WEATHER; I'M GONNA LET MY HEART DO THE WALKING; YOU'RE MY DRIVING WHEEL
    Alternate Mixes

  3. #53
    Are there any plans to release "I Had To Fall in Love" on CD with outakes of this wonderful album that Jean did in 1977.

  4. #54
    franjoy56

    Jean's album I Had To Fall In Love was released on CD in the UK in 2006 on SoulBrother Records. It is still available for 12 pounds on Amazon.co.uk! If you're in the US, it is usually less expensive to buy it on Amazon UK than Amazon US.

    greg jones
    los angeles, ca

  5. #55
    This is a great thread. I had to go dig out my cassette version as my cassette deck died years ago. I bought the CD in the US and loved it. When I was living in South Africa, I found and bought the cassette. Given that the cassette was released in 1991 in South Africa, the liner note on the inside flap states "The Supremes are Opposed to the Policy of Apartheid". Kinda cool.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    One more note of interest...Many have wondered why Diana Ross and The Supremes Superstar Series featured eight Supremes on the cover but the music was all from the sixties. Andy and I just found the original LP master and side two originally featured songs from the seventies era, so all of the ladies would have been represented. We have no idea why they changed it at the last minute. Another Motown mystery!
    I'd be interested to see the original tracklist with the seventies era tracks. Has it been posted before on the forum?

  7. #57
    Did George ever provide the email address to write Universal/Motown? Perhaps we fans can start a letter/email writing campaign to get releases like the Reflections EE released or a 70's L&F released?

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Did George ever provide the email address to write Universal/Motown? Perhaps we fans can start a letter/email writing campaign to get releases like the Reflections EE released or a 70's L&F released?
    I didn't see it. That's often something execs don't like and either disallow or discourage [[employees handing out email addresses to the public to contact the office). I sent an email via the "Classic Motown" page. Of course, no one replied.

  9. #59
    Great thread. Thanks MaryBrewster.

  10. #60
    Hi guys,
    If you want to know where to direct your emails in regards to contacting Universal for more Supremes releases, please send me a message me on here privately. Thanks!

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    So, in terms of the GREATEST HITS AND RARE CLASSICS CD [[not the cassette), is the following a correct and complete listing of alternate tracks [[at the time of release)?

    1. EVERYBODY'S GOT THE RIGHT TO LOVE
    Alternate Lead Vocal and Mono Mix

    2. AUTOMATICALLY SUNSHINE
    Alternate Mono Extended Mix

    3. HIGH ENERGY
    Single Edit [[Released Later on "Anthology")

    4. LET YOURSELF GO
    Alternate Version

    5. BAD WEATHER; I'M GONNA LET MY HEART DO THE WALKING; YOU'RE MY DRIVING WHEEL
    Alternate Mixes


    "High Energy" and "Let Yourself Go" are not on the CD.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Hi guys,
    If you want to know where to direct your emails in regards to contacting Universal for more Supremes releases, please send me a message me on here privately. Thanks!
    Thank you Carlo. Very helpful!

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Wow--sure can hear Jean doing Until you come back to me...did he write it for her?
    He said he wrote for Aretha Franklin.

  14. #64
    Didn't Stevie record his own version of Until You Come Back To Me in 1967 that was on the Looking Back/Anthology album from the mid 70's? I doubt that he had Aretha in mind when he wrote and recorded it back in the 60s.
    Last edited by SatansBlues; 04-03-2020 at 11:31 AM.

  15. #65
    Did they ever have a track listing for side 2 for the 70s . I assume the big hits.
    Surprised they just didn't change the cover art.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    One more note of interest...Many have wondered why Diana Ross and The Supremes Superstar Series featured eight Supremes on the cover but the music was all from the sixties. Andy and I just found the original LP master and side two originally featured songs from the seventies era, so all of the ladies would have been represented. We have no idea why they changed it at the last minute. Another Motown mystery!
    I'd still like to know the contents of that original, proposed tracklist if you have it to hand.

    Name:  R-578392-1133797527.jpeg.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  9.8 KB
    Last edited by smallworld; 04-15-2021 at 08:12 PM.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    I'd still like to know the contents of that original, proposed tracklist if you have it to hand.
    11 years later! LOL! [[I still have the South African cassette. The Supremes are still opposed to Apartheid!).

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    I'd still like to know the contents of that original, proposed tracklist if you have it to hand.

    Name:  R-578392-1133797527.jpeg.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  9.8 KB
    THIS was the very first album that I ever bought in August 1981 when I was 12. I bought this album because I fell in love with all the beautiful faces. This is still my favorite picture of Diana Ross.

  19. #69
    I didn't check the date when I started reading the thread, and realized I was reading some historic when I saw Marv's name there and then Midnight Johnny's a bit later. Great information and a nice nostalgic moment, remembering to great contributors, not to mention George and Andy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.