[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph McDonald Passes, R.I.P.

Accomplished percussionist, writer, producer, arranger, and recording artist:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ticle-1.993313
    Last edited by soulster; 12-18-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added to thread title

Sorry to hear. I loved "Where is the Love".........great song amongst many. RIP

Love The Sound Of A Drum LP/CD, RIP.

Wow. I just bought an original pressing of PHOEBE SNOW's first album and saw he was on there.
    The combination of Ralph Mc Donald ,Grover Washington and Bill Withers working together was magic.
    The Sound Of A Drum lp is classic. Jam On The Groove is a N.Y. Dance club classic.

Thank you Ralph Mc Donald for sharing your talent and for the music. R.I.P.

i like If I'm Still Here Tomorrow with vocals by Gwen Guthrie

Sorry to hear this news. His Jam On The Groove had a lot of people dancing during the disco era. And itt contains the best break ever at 3:45. RIP

He played with everybody. His Calypso Breakdown was even used on SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
    Condolences to the MacDonald's family

http://www.metacafe.com/topics/ralph_macdonald/

P-Shark: The Revenge? Cool!

The Sound Of A Drum lp is classic.
    The first album I bought by him as a single artist, his collabs with Grover were legendary. RIP........

I heard this news earlier but declined to comment. With the stuff going on about Etta James it was just
    too sad for words. As a kid I wanted to play percussion and I would follow and buy instruction books by
    Ralph and Montego Joe. Ralph's playing and writing always knocked me the hell out and I was awed by
    how many artists he had worked with and composed for. I never got to meet him as I hoped to and that's
    my only regret. My condolences go out to his friends and family and all of us who will never forget him.
    RIP.....

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    P-Shark: The Revenge? Cool!
    Glad you like it. Got the idea from one of the most cheesiest movie sequel, "JAWS The Revenge". I was also thinking of The Wrath Of P-Shark.
    After staying from the forum for about 5 months, I've come back posting without any problems.
    Then after a week after trying to post something I get this VBulletin message:
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    This is not a banning, just a contact attempt. We are having a problem with you account sending subscription notices to a bad / old email address. Please contact me lowell@***.com

Date the ban will be lifted: 10-31-2011, 09:00 AM

After the ban was lifted I wasn't getting email notifications, so I contacted Lowell. He explained that all my previously posts were reassigned the user name of ‘Guest’. So the only option was for him to delete & recreate my acct. After he done that I still wasn't getting email notifications of my posts and my post history & friends were gone. So that's when I decided to start this new acct. No problems so far

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    My apologies for getting off topic. Here's Mr MacDonald's interview

Oh man, I wasn't ready for this at all. Ralph McDonald was one of my main influences. He was a genius of economy. Always finding just the right instrument doing just the right thing at just the right time. The man practically invented the proper use of percussion in American popular music. His influence will remain, but I as well as many others will certainly miss the man.

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I meet him years ago and he was a very nice person. R.I.P. Ralph