[REMOVE ADS]

Smile Happy Belated Birthday Ronnie Mac

I'm a little late with posting this [[life has been nutty as a Xmas Fruit Cake soaked in Rum) but yesterday was Ronnie's Birthday.

Please join me in wishing him all the best with many more to come.

For those of you who will be" par-taying" with us at the big birtday bash and CD relase party this weekend, look forward to seeing you guys and just a hint to let you in on a few of the surpises in store, Chi Drummer will be sitting in with the band...yeah Chi!!!

Name:  LGRonnieMcNeirBirthdayBashandCDReleaseParty.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  74.8 KB

Hey...new AND EASY way to upload pics...how cooL...thanks Lowell

Oh snap, I wished him Happy Birthday on FB, sorry I won't be able to join you guys..........dam.......

Happy Birthday Ronnie in 4 part Sweet Harmony!

Abraham Smooth Wilson

Happy Birthday Ronnie -- absolutely love the new album, I'm playing it to death! Wish I could make the CD release, damn that sounds fun.

My apologies to the SDF collective for taking so long to get this out, you know how the Holidays can be.
    Anyway, I wanted to share some photos with everyone from Ronnie's Birthday bash/CD release party.

I was thrilled to motor my way up to Detroit [[gear in tow) and meet some really great people including the divine Ms M and Larry Jones. But, the highlight for me was getting a chance to play in the evening's house band which included Ronnie on lead vocals and keyboards; Ron Smith on guitar; "Turhan" Earl Van Dyke jr on bass and keyboards; Greg Dokes on keyboards; Drew Schultz on drums; myself and Mike [[Can Man) Griswald on percussion.

We backed Ronnie through live versions of his new songs and several guest artists including Spyder Turner, EJ Johnson of Enchantment, and the group 7-7-7. It was really a blast and an honor playing Motown music in Detroit with Detroit musicians. Very special indeed. Ronnie even started my own Motown myth. Think I'll keep it.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

dam, snap, phooey, jumpin jeez, wait a minute ya'll was sho nuff cool, Spyder in da house, Ms M you look better every time I see ya........great photo's Chi, you represented us well..........thanks much bro'me........

Tried to bring my A-Game, paladin.
    Next time you and Gee have to come along.

O dear, I must have had one drink too many because I don't even remember taking these pics

Thanks Kdub, I try to clean up well when going out in public....LOL!!!!

Also performing were EJ Johnson, Mike Brock and Jewana Taylor [[I may have misspelled her first name) but she is the daughter of Joe Hunter and the young lady can BLO!!!!!

We were hoping to have LJ Reynolds but the Dramatics had a gig in Chi Town but everyone was truly on their game that night!!!!

It was fun and Chi you missed a great after party!!!

I guess I'll post a few of the ones I took as well. Still waiting on Drew but he's been doing a lot of traveling for the holidays so we'll have to wait for him to return for some of the show shots.

The Sunset Island Crew and Walter Moore, on the far left [[ former mayor of Pontiac)
    Name:  Sunset Island Records Crew.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  40.9 KB

Me trying to keep up with the Great Sypder Turner on the dance floor...LOL

Name:  P1020742.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  21.3 KB

Wish I could've gone to the birthday bash/CD release party, looked like fun. I'm sure good times, good music. Lookin' fine Ms. M. :>)

OH, how could I have forgotten the sax man, Mike Brock
    Some killer lines and somehow he got most of the women.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oopsies Chi, that was/is James Cheney on Sax

Thank's Tsull, much appreciated