[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Leaving Here

Leaving Here

When I joined this site, I was happy that it was all about the music we all love so much. I have seen some of the bitchiness that occurs sometimes between members, when it should all be about the music. I have had a VILE, PERSONAL ATTACK from smirk21 on a Marvelettes thread that leads me to think that I can do without all this crap. I only have a short time left on this earth, and I certainly dont wont to have to deal with sombodys personal agenda to attack fellow members. Adios..Paulo xxx

I`m very sorry to hear that Paulo, please think again. Regards Roger.

It's easy to be snarky, bitchy or even worse on the Internet, even in a forum like this where we kind of get to know each other. Don't let it affect you. I was critical of your comments also, but I try to hold back and not unleash the biting sarcasm which it's so easy to do at times. [[Not saying I wanted to be sarcastic from reading your comments, not at all.)

Sometimes you just need to learn who the trouble makers are, and avoid them as best you can. Please don't let someone's comments ruin the fun you have sharing your love of this music especially if you won't be with us a long time.

Remember, also, that Harry W. said he'd do what he could to get you a copy sooner rather than later. You just need to email him.
    Last edited by kenneth; 12-14-2011 at 06:54 PM.

I agree with Kenneth. Please don't go, Paulo. If you need to take a break from the forum, then that might help. I've done that from time to time when someone get's in my hair. As Kenneth said, don't let the negativity get to you. Troublemakers are exactly that. They enjoy to stir the pot. I can assure you that some of these individuals on this forum who are constantly spreading the negativity have been banned from this forum on numerous occasions. They always return using different screen names. They're the ones who need to get a life or some kind of medication. These people who seek to create drama usually lead rather dull lives. It's their way of creating some sort of excitement to entertain themselves. If that's the case, I suggest they buy themselves a Wii or XBox, it may be more fitting for their level of maturity.
    Last edited by carlo; 12-14-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Paulo,

I take vacations of a week or two, because of not being near my computer, just being to busy to look in, or being turned off by what is happenning from time to time. You may rember that you posted to my question recently of "why are we at this site?" a few months ago. Hopefully you will return, I find you to be someone who I really enjoy hearing from, and the site would lose a key component if you do leave. Stay positive!

Paulo,

Don't laugh but when I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was in regards to the upcoming Eddie Holland release on Kent.

smark21 Guest
    Paulo, I addressed your response to me directly in the Marvelettes ForeverMore is Here thread and I edited my posts that I made this morning, removing the language I used. If I'd known you were dying of cancer and you don't have long to live, I would have understood where you were coming from and I would not have made sport and taken you to task for your statement that your Christmas was ruined because Amazon is not able to ship your boxset until January.

It seems like you have good friends and supporters here at SDF. Perhaps one of them who already has the box set can make the sacrifice and send you their box set for you to enjoy over the holidays and to give you comfort as you enter the final stages of what I'm sure has been a valiant battle against your disease.

hope u stay. we need all the music fans we can get,including you.

Well, Paulo, if you're still reading this, you shouldn't leave. You contribute some interesting stuff around here.

So well said Carlo!! Paulo consider returning when you are less upset. Keep the faith with what you are dealing with-Ive been through it too medically. Remember the ignore button. You deserve good things!!

Paulo...........I don't know what you were referring to exactly but I would agree with everything that everyone said on here before.

Don't let the odd "spike" bother you; I don't know Smark but as you can see above, he's a decent man. Remember the ignore button and if someone really consistently bothers you, use it. Many of us have.

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer, a fowl and mean disease. Remember the people like the lady that lived behind me when I grew up.........she had cancer all her life and lived to 90. Doctors aren't always right and a positive outlook makes a lot of difference.

Enjoy SD for what it is; we all fire the odd dart; it's the Internet; this place is pretty decent for an Internet forum which is why most people stick around even if they take the odd break. There aren't many places to talk Motown with any depth. Even I have to admit that the most annoying person knows a lot about Motown!

paulo
    I just said a prayer for you. Please know you are amongst family here and that there is no need for you to leave. I respect your decision though if you decide to go. Just know that you are welcome and if there is anything we can do let us know.

Don't let it get you down, Pauly baby. forum people aren't even real.

smark21.. I admire you VERY MUCH for your understanding.Im not someone who wants sympathy.I just would like to have the chance to see and hear my all time favourite MOTOWN groups final albums on CD. I just got frustrated with Amazons delivery dates. Hey, Im only Human...You guys on are wonderful on the whole..Have a wonderful Christmas..Lots Love always..Paulo xxxx

Hooray!!! So glad to hear from you, Paulo!

Did you contact Harry about getting the Forever More set sooner rather than later?

you guys had me in tears on this thread & the other...and I'm too old & too cool to be cryin, LOL.I thought this thread was about the Eddie Holland song. Paulo, you are in my prayers everynight from now on, not sympathy but prayers to be strong, to be happy & to enjoy everyday.

Paulo, I am so glad you are staying here. It is okay to get angry and vent. I am sorry that your health isn't the best. Be strong! There are nice people here and only a couple of mean ones. I will say a little prayer for you tonight when I go over to the marine chapel.

Penny

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    smark21.. I admire you VERY MUCH for your understanding.Im not someone who wants sympathy.I just would like to have the chance to see and hear my all time favourite MOTOWN groups final albums on CD. I just got frustrated with Amazons delivery dates. Hey, Im only Human...You guys on are wonderful on the whole..Have a wonderful Christmas..Lots Love always..Paulo xxxx
    You're obviously going through a lot of stress. Anyway I hope Amazon surprises you and ships your order to you earlier than their stated due date.