[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight's" Dec 13 th Marvelettes Tribute...Questions for Harry Weinger!

Folks...please be kind enough to post any questions that you may have for Harry about the new Marvelettes compilation. He plans to refer to this thread to get an idea about areas of interest prior to the show.

Thanks so much!
    John

I'll be recording the show John for the folks at Motown Treasures. Can't really think of any questions at the moment. Have a great show

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I'll be recording the show John for the folks at Motown Treasures. Can't really think of any questions at the moment. Have a great show
    Copley...great that you will hear the show...and share it too! Thanks! John

Would be nice to know why I cant get a hold of a copy until the end of next month, JANUARY NEXT YEAR. Universal have my money, but cant seem to use FED EX, UPS who fly god knows how many flights across the pond EVERY DAY to get my Christmas present to me. Corporate greed knows no bounds. It will be the last time I buy from you greedy bastards. if I didnt want this so much, I would have cancelled my order. How come some people have a copy, and my Amazon order says expected delivery date 25 JANUARY 2012!.......Happy xxxxx and a similar New Year you xxxxx corporate money grabbing xxxxxxx Paulo.. can I have the interest back that you have earned on my payment, which is going to be nearly two months sitting on MY money?..Paulo

Yikes, Paulo! I'm sure it's a bitch to have to wait that long, but this music is worth waiting for. In addition, we in the US had to wait just as long for the Ace/UK releases. I know I waited at least a month for Satintones, Patrice Holloway, Marv Johnson, for sure.

I doubt that any of the guys on this Forum involved in the production or planning of these releases has anything to do with their distribution, especially overseas.

Give the guys a break! I also doubt that anyone connected with these limited editions are becoming millionaires as a result. I mean, how much can you make on a set limited to 5,000, copies? Call me naive, but I tend to think these are more a labor of love than anything else.

Was Katherine Schaffner consulted for any input on the product? Do any late 60s "live" recordings exist on the
    Marvelettes?

Kenneth and guys..SORRY..Got carried away in the heat of the moment when I got My confirmation. Just CANT believe it can take that long to get here. Sorry, I DID go a bit overboard there,so unlike me. Just think it is impossible for it not to cross the pond before date given. It would seem that Universal dont want any copies to get this side of the pond before THEY say.Anyway, Christmas destroyed. Thanks Universal/AMAZON for your conspiracy....If any copies turn up for sale in the UK before I get mine..I will be even more pissed off.

Hey, it's the holiday season so I guess we have to be understanding and forgive you, Paulo!

You're a true fan, Bro! Remember that word comes from 'fanatic.'

I would like to know more details concerning these previously unreleased tracks. Were the majority of these unreleased tracks unmixed? I remember reading that one of the reasons this release was delayed was because they had to go back into the studio and mix a lot of the tracks for the first time. I am curious to hear some more details about this. Thank you!

Also...I don't have my set yet, but from the clips I've heard, it sounds like some of the unreleased tracks are from the group's earlier years. Were these tracks not included on Vol. 1 because of space issues? Or were they only discovered recently?

Hi John & Harry. Here's a few questions from Motown Treasures.

1. There is supposed to be a version of RESCUE ME by The Marvelettes - but it is not on the new set

2. Are there any vault tracks left?

3. What was the very last recording by The Marvelettes and what was the recording date?

4. Oh - are there any "live" recordings in the vaults?

Thanks

I'm listening to the clips on iTunes and seems like there aren't that many unreleased tracks from 1966 and onwards....am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm listening to the clips on iTunes and seems like there aren't that many unreleased tracks from 1966 and onwards....am I wrong?
    Carlo....well...yes...you are wrong...about half of them are 1966 or later.

Ok. Thanks. I don't have my copy yet, so I'm just going by what I hear, rather than being able to refer to actual recording dates.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Ok. Thanks. I don't have my copy yet, so I'm just going by what I hear, rather than being able to refer to actual recording dates.
    Sure, Carlo!

Have a great show tonight, John. The box set is very very nice.

Jim

Thanks Jim!!

Got my Marvelettes package in the post today! Just opened the package and it is a beauty..thanks Harry and all involved for such a wonderful tribute to the girls and their fans!

Question: When hip-oselect puts out these limited packages, are the artists given a complimentary copy for their very own? Just curious...

Howard in Long Beach, CA

It’s been a rather unique experience to hear an album [[Sophisticated Soul) that [[for 43 years) I have only known as a stereo album, in mono for the first time. I’ve done some side by side comparisons and I don’t get a sense that the mono mix of SS is as different as say the Pink album - there was always a very big difference between the mono and stereo versions of the Pink album to me. I like how Wanda sounds more upfront in the mono version of SS. My question for Harry is, in working with the mono tapes what were his impressions of the differences in the mono and stereo versions – if any.

The set is Marvelous behind words. Thanks to Harry and all involved.

Hey, Folks...how 'bout meet us over at the official show thread.....thanks! This one was merely for questions...so that we could refer to them without rifling through many posts. Well...I'm an optimist...

Did Katherine ever sing lead on any songs?

Tyrone