[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Marvelettes Forever More is HERE!!!!!!

The rare pictures are worth the price alone. The sound is perfection and for those of you who really love the REAL group you are in for a treat! Thanks to all involved

soulballad....you are so right. Visually, it is magnificent...the design and colors of the package..the photos....I am afraid to listen to it...I may experience the "Rapture".....

I thought I had passed into heaven but I soon snapped out of it. LOL!

The mono pink album is superior to the stereo. Wanda, Katherine and Gladys together have a great soul girl group sound. Take a listen to "Just One More Kiss" or "So Glad It's Summer Time" to name a few. Ann Bogan's "Breakthrough" and Wanda's "Change Of Heart" could have taken the group to a new level in the late 60's. I am 200% satisfied with this release. My only question for Harry and co is where is the mid to late 60's live recordings by the Marvelettes? As proven on this release their sound while maybe wasn't as smooth or slick as the Andantes but it wasn't as rough around the edges as some would have you believe. Especially the group after they were a trio. Great stuff!
    Last edited by soulballad; 12-08-2011 at 10:05 PM.

So how are you people getting this when the release date is still four days away?????????? And is Amazon UK still showing it as unavailable for order? I was supposed to get a notice when it could be ordered again.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    So how are you people getting this when the release date is still four days away?????????? And is Amazon UK still showing it as unavailable for order? I was supposed to get a notice when it could be ordered again.
    The Hip-O Select ship date was 11/30.

Guys, try and post some reviews on Amazon.

Slightly off topic, but the reason I never bought the first volume of the Supremes sets [["This is the Story") is that the Amazon reviews on the unreleased tracks were rather ho-hum [[plus there were only 13 of them in all). Posting the raves here is nice but in a way we are preaching to the choir.

Let's help Hip-O sell out this title. I will do so as soon as I get mine.

I second Kenneth's suggestion. I think we should try to go public with our appreciation for Motown product a lot more than we usually do. I'll post a Marvelettes review as soon as I've received and [[inevitably) enjoyed it!

I pre ordered from Amazon U.S. , but have had no confirmation yet that it might be on its way???/..Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    I pre ordered from Amazon U.S. , but have had no confirmation yet that it might be on its way???/..Paulo xxx
    Paulo - I think the Amazon release date is next week, on 12/13...K

Thanks..Please, please let UPS/FED EX/ SANTA , or whoever get my Christmas prezzie to me on time....Paulo xxx

My copy arrived today. I've been anticipating this release for awhile now and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I was quite giddy when I picked mine up from the mailbox. Only listened to disc 1 so far. For those still waiting, you will not be disappointed at all. For those who hasn't or isn't ordering a copy, you are missing out. Thanks to the Gang for putting this wonderful package together. Tyrone

DeepDiscount has the set selling for $60.80 today, somewhat less than Amazon, and also with free shipping.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/Music_CD...romoCode=25731

Thanks Kenneth. That may well be as cheap as it gets. I hate waiting for these packages because I refuse to order from Hip-O. Principles!

I don't understand how Deep Discount can sell this for this for $ 20 less [25% off] than Hip-O and CD WOW selling the Supremes' set for $ 20 less [half price]
    Last edited by nabob; 12-11-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Thanks Kenneth. That may well be as cheap as it gets. I hate waiting for these packages because I refuse to order from Hip-O. Principles!
    I know...I try to support Hip-O for all they do but a difference of $20 or more is just too much, especially once you add in tax and shipping which is free on Amazon [[at least for the moment) and some other sites.

Blowitoutahere.com is selling it for $55.27, not including shipping.
    Last edited by reese; 12-11-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Mine is on order from Amazon UK for $25. But by the time it arrives, I'm sure all of you will have already moved on to discussing "Diana Ross [[1976) Expanded Edition".

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Mine is on order from Amazon UK for $25. But by the time it arrives, I'm sure all of you will have already moved on to discussing "Diana Ross [[1976) Expanded Edition".
    Mine too. Was it you or Paulo who clued us into that very low price? It still shows as unavailable from Amazon.UK at any price though mine is still in the shopping cart [[or 'basket,' I think they call it on the UK site).

I believe it might have been Paulo.

Well, there is one thing I would like to know. I know that this booklet contains the later line-ups of the group, but is there another picture of the original five Marvelettes which I know?

It would be great to see some pictures of the booklet and it's contents on here..............it might make the wait we have in the UK a little more bearable!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekylincs View Post
    It would be great to see some pictures of the booklet and it's contents on here..............it might make the wait we have in the UK a little more bearable!!
    If anyone does post info or pics from the booklet I would prefer they wait until after Christmas. Many of us may be receiving this as a gift from a loved one - or else! lol
    Last edited by johnjeb; 12-12-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Me? I'll have to wait until tomorrow, when I can purchase it as a digital download.

Thank God Almighty for the Amazon Cloud Player and for Spotify!

Hey!! Amazon US.............it's on it's way!!

Hey!! Amazon US....I STILL havnt had confirmation that mine is on its way.Grrr..Paulo xxx

Mine did update to "shipping soon" which is a grade up from "not yet shipped." Maybe it will ship later today.

I just received notice from Amazon that my order has shipped.

I didnt order mine for $25.00..more like the full price listed! Am annoyed if its available so much cheaper, but its a Christmas present to me from my better half, so...Paulo xxx

Ann Bogan's "Breakthrough" is kinda erie considering how she bascially has disappeared. She lives in Ohio now but she will not be bothered with anything Motown. The song is about breaking away from a bad relationship but at towards the end of the song Ann sings "I'll go to a far away place, someplace where you can't reach me".

Per the notes in the booklet both of the Ann lead songs were originally intended for Glady's Knight & The Pips. I love her take on " I Dont Want To Do Wrong" in which she nails it, but I would also have love to hear her on Glady's "Take Me In your Arms and Love Me"

I didnt order mine for $25.00..more like the full price listed! Am annoyed if its available so much cheaper, but its a Christmas present to me from my better half, so...Paulo xxx
    Paulo - I only saw it for that low of a price on Amazon UK and then they took it off the availability. It still shows unavailable with no pre-price guarantee on the UK Amazon site. I was able to get one at the low price on Amazon UK, and one for about $55 on Amazon US. I usually buy two copies of the Hip-O sets when it's my favorite artists anyway.

Thanks Kenneth..I know it will be worth it. Just want the confirmation from Amazon U.S. that ts on its way!!!!..Paulo xxx

just got my confirmation from amazon..it's on the way...Yipeee

Me, too! Hooray!

I am in a state of bliss! I checked Amazon Canada and they have Vol. 2 already in stock! What a surprise. Usually Hip-O titles are on back-order for months. While it cost me $74, I just HAD to order it NOW! I cannot wait until February. At least it will be here by Thursday at the latest and I can enjoy it over Christmas! Yippeee!!!

I will keep the cheap one on order from the UK because that way I can have two copies, like I do with Vol. 1! You can never have too much of The Marvelettes!

just got confirmation that mine is on its way. BUT, they have an estimated arrival date of 25th January 2012!!!! Whats it coming over, a row boat??/I am seriously PISSED OFF that AMAZON can take my money and give such a stupid time scale, when people on this site have their copies already! Has FED EX/UPS etc suddenly completely shut down??? Well, thank you AMAZON for COMPLETELY ruining MY christmas! I am so disgusted that I have sent an E-Mail to the C.E.O. Do i expect a reply? Dont be daft. Unfortunately, Amazon has a captured market, so we are stuck, in trying to obtain certain things. But they wont be getting much of MY business in the future. I have to wait until the end of January, next year, for this thanks to Amazon / Universal being so ridiculous! I am so angry I could .......on their corporate headquaters. May The Fleas Of A Thousand Camels Infect Their Asses..././.

No its not

May The Fleas Of A Thousand Camels Infect Their Asses..././.
    lol!

I'm sorry, Paulo. I hope your copy will come sooner rather than later.

carlo..sorry, I am angry! In this day and age, it is stupid that it cant arrive before this timescale. for the price Ive Paid, it should have been here YESTERDAY! All new Motown releases end up on e-bay the day after release. I will go down that road now.F...K the majors, Universal, Hipo & Universal. They aint getn any more of my hard earned money again. By the way, has UPS / FEDEX gone out of business since I placed my order???

As much as I love and respect the gentlemen who work so hard to put these releases together for us [[Harry, Andy and George), I do agree that the business/logistical side of Hip-O Select seems to be somewhat of a mess. Perhaps that's because these limited edition releases are not much of a priority to Universal? I understand your point and I agree with you Paulo. Most of us here have been ever so loyal by supporting these releases one after the other...and at the very least, we should be able to purchase the product DIRECTLY from Hip-O Select's website. So many of us have been more than patient, waiting for these releases to come out and then when they finally do, many of us are unable to purchase them right away. Many of the fans in the UK have to wait months later to buy. That's usually the case for me as well. There's no reason why Hip-O Select should be charging $25 to ship a single CD to a neighbouring country. I've shipped dozens and dozens of items over the years to the States and usually pay around $5, not $25. There's also no reason why they should not be able to ship to the UK. I don't understand it. They were able to accommodate the international fans years ago, so I'm guessing some employees were laid off and they can no longer offer the same level of service that they once offered? I get the fact that they have a budget to work with, but so do other limited edition labels, such as Rhino Handmade, etc.
    Last edited by carlo; 12-13-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Mine shipped this afternoon! I hope it will be here tomorrow morning!! The distribution center is very close to my city!

Got mine today...just opened the package and it is a beaut!

Howard in Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    There's also no reason why they should not be able to ship to the UK. I don't understand it. They were able to accommodate the international fans years ago
    I can't really shed any light on your question, but there could be a tax liability [VAT] for selling in the EU when UME has operating units in the EU. This is called nexus. Hip-0 has enough problems not being able to properly calculate and charge sales tax to US customers. Taking on additional liability for foreign sales with differing VAT rates in each country could be more trouble to them than it's worth.
    Last edited by nabob; 12-14-2011 at 01:08 AM.

I guess that could be part of the reason. But I just found it odd, because they did ship to international countries in the past...years ago. I know that they did switch their service to a different company, so I guess that has something to do with it. It used to be SureSource who shipped out the products and took care of customer service. Now I believe it's a different company.

smark21 Guest
    just got confirmation that mine is on its way. BUT, they have an estimated arrival date of 25th January 2012!!!! Whats it coming over, a row boat??/I am seriously PISSED OFF that AMAZON can take my money and give such a stupid time scale, when people on this site have their copies already! Has FED EX/UPS etc suddenly completely shut down??? Well, thank you AMAZON for COMPLETELY ruining MY christmas! I am so disgusted that I have sent an E-Mail to the C.E.O. Do i expect a reply? Dont be daft. Unfortunately, Amazon has a captured market, so we are stuck, in trying to obtain certain things. But they wont be getting much of MY business in the future. I have to wait until the end of January, next year, for this thanks to Amazon / Universal being so ridiculous! I am so angry I could .......on their corporate headquaters. May The Fleas Of A Thousand Camels Infect Their Asses..././.

REally? Rest of message edited/deleted.
    Last edited by smark21; 12-14-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: error in judgement.

smark21 Guest
    Dawn Davenport and her ruined Xmas:

Last edited by smark21; 12-14-2011 at 10:17 PM.

I used to like Lucy in the old Peanuts cartoons where she opens her gifts and complains "No one gets me the things I really want...real estate!"

Ordered from Amazon Canada yesterday, received it this morning. Looking forward to listening when I get home from work. Sampled a few of the Ann Bogan unreleased tracks - very good!

VAT itself would not be of any concern to Hip-O. As long as Hip-O ship at the correct postal rate to the EU country concerned, the onus is on the 'importer' to pay any import duty liable, and then VAT at the appropriate rate for the country concerned. As far as the UK is presently concerned, personal imports into the UK up to the value of GBP17.99 can be imported free of duty and VAT. However, this 'concession' is being withdrawn during 2012.

Any item imported into the UK of GBP18 and over, is subject to the appropriate of import duty [[currently CD's do not attract any such duty); VAT at 20% is then applied to the combined value of the item plus shipping, plus duty at the appropriate rate [[where applicable)
    Added to that, Royal Mail then charge the rip-off rate of GBP8 [[yes $12 or thereabouts) for collecting the amount of duty/VAT payable off the addressee and submitting that to HM Revenue and Customs. From mid-2012 this will also apply to most items UNDER GBP17.99 as well, making the cost of privately purchasing CD's not available through retailers in the UK horribly expensive. I can certainly see my CD purchasing habits changing dramatically !!

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    Ordered from Amazon Canada yesterday, received it this morning. Looking forward to listening when I get home from work. Sampled a few of the Ann Bogan unreleased tracks - very good!
    Lucky you. Hopefully your's arrived in better condition than mine did. I came home, excited to see it waiting for me in my mail box. I opened it and discovered a huge dent on the front cover and the spine was all dented too. I noticed the envelope that it came in was slightly torn, so it was damaged during shipping. I only got an opportunity to admire the beautiful packaging very briefly before I went to the post office to return it. Good things come to those who wait.

This is my second package damaged this month. I also had to return The Supremes Playlist Plus a couple of weeks ago. Still haven't received my new copy.

smark21 PISS OFF! I might be dead from the cancer I have before it arrives so dont YOU be going down THAT route. Have a great christmas! Paulo

Unbelieveable that a Motown fan cant express their frustration here without getting ridiculed. Try to ignore Paulo--you deserve good things!!