[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Has anyone noticed any problems with their fourth disc from about track 20 onward? It's skipping, I can't copy it to my iPod properly, on multiple drives / players.

I wonder if I just have a defective copy, or if it's a mastering issue?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    smark21 PISS OFF! I might be dead from the cancer I have before it arrives so dont YOU be going down THAT route. Have a great christmas! Paulo
    First of all Paulo, I didn't know you had cancer and not long to live. I'm sorry to hear about your rapidly declining health. Now I understand why you said not receiving the Box set in time would ruin your Christmas. However, without this knowledge, I could only conclude you were being over the top and melodramatic in your earlier post. Now it makes sense. I hope you live long enough to receive and enjoy your box set in time before you die. Maybe someone on this board who's a friend of yours and has the boxset might be willing to send you their set so you can enjoy it on Christmas.

Never mind. I was able to get it working on a different computer.

got mine today, listening now.lovin it all..

I received mine yesterday. In a way it's like renewing an old friendship hearing the songs again. Thanks to Harry, et al, for a job well done.

smark21..Have a Lovely Christmas and New Year. No Harm done.I hope. I know I was a bit OTT, but hey ho.im only Human, and going through a few serious issues that I should NOT have mentioned on here. Heat of the moment thing. Lets just enjoy the music? YES??/Paulo xxx

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    smark21..Have a Lovely Christmas and New Year. No Harm done.I hope. I know I was a bit OTT, but hey ho.im only Human, and going through a few serious issues that I should NOT have mentioned on here. Heat of the moment thing. Lets just enjoy the music? YES??/Paulo xxx
    No worries here. I wish you well in your battle and that you have a Merry Christmas.

I received my replacement copy today! That was fast! Listening with the headphones right now. The sound quality is great! Kudos to whoever did the remastering...Kevin Reeves I think? I haven't looked at the booklet in detail yet. The packaging is beautiful. But it was almost impossible to remove the discs from their respective trays. I thought one of them would break for sure. I ended up getting them all out and put them in a separate 4 CD jewel case...I don't want to struggle getting those discs out ever again. lol.

The sound is glorious!! This set is gonna be in my CD player for a long time!!

This is my most favourite Hip-O Select release, no doubt about it!!

I'm surprised to see that a lot of the tracks from the "In Full Bloom" album were recorded pre-1969.

I really like the colour photo of Katherine, Ann and Wanda in the booklet from the In Full Bloom photo session [[the one where they are wearing street clothes). Very 60's!

They were so beautiful...especially Gladys. The one photo in the booklet of the ladies wearing the green gowns is stunning. Gladys has her hand up in the air. Give the lady a tiara! Stunning!

The paper quality of the booklet is much better for this set. I'm happy to see that. It has more of a glossy finish to it, whereas the first volume's booklet was more like plain paper.

I also never realized that the individual shots featured on the cover of the Pink album actually comes from a group photo, which was cropped to individual photographs.

I didn't know "This Night Was Made For Love" is actually called "Tonight Is Made For Love".

So does anyone really know who these mystery ladies are that are featured on the cover of "The Return Of"? I could have sworn someone here once revealed who they were, but maybe I'm just imagining things. You can slightly see one of their faces on the back cover.

I'm listening to "Someday We'll Be Together" from "The Return Of" album and I hear some hiss/buzz. I am guessing this is a fault in the original master tapes that developed over time?

I always liked this version of "Someday", but the "ohh yeah's" make me laugh, especially the male voice. It sounds like some guy in the control room shouting out just to add to the track. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm surprised to see that a lot of the tracks from the "In Full Bloom" album were recorded pre-1969.

I really like the colour photo of Katherine, Ann and Wanda in the booklet from the In Full Bloom photo session [[the one where they are wearing street clothes). Very 60's!

They were so beautiful...especially Gladys. The one photo in the booklet of the ladies wearing the green gowns is stunning. Gladys has her hand up in the air. Give the lady a tiara! Stunning!

The paper quality of the booklet is much better for this set. I'm happy to see that. It has more of a glossy finish to it, whereas the first volume's booklet was more like plain paper.

I also never realized that the individual shots featured on the cover of the Pink album actually comes from a group photo, which was cropped to individual photographs.

I didn't know "This Night Was Made For Love" is actually called "Tonight Is Made For Love".

So does anyone really know who these mystery ladies are that are featured on the cover of "The Return Of"? I could have sworn someone here once revealed who they were, but maybe I'm just imagining things. You can slightly see one of their faces on the back cover.

I did hear once they were Billie Ray Calvin and Brenda Joyce from The Undisputed Truth but can't remember where I read it!!

Thank you Cheekyclinics! I remember reading that somewhere too, but I thought maybe I was just imagining it. The topic had come up during John Perrone's "Nightflight" show earlier this week, and I was going to say it was the ladies from Undisputed Truth, but I wanted to be sure. You could be right.

I had also read it was Billie Ray and Brenda.

Thank you Cheekyclinics! I remember reading that somewhere too, but I thought maybe I was just imagining it. The topic had come up during John Perrone's "Nightflight" show earlier this week, and I was going to say it was the ladies from Undisputed Truth, but I wanted to be sure. You could be right.
    Maybe it was another thread where it came up, but I read in the notes to "Marvelettes Deliver the Singles," that Smokey said he didn't know who the two other girls were. He always seems to put things in the best possible light for Motown, so I wouldn't necessarily take his word for it. I'd love to know where the photo was taken. According to "Forever's" notes, the album was recorded in Detroit, so it would seem the photo was taken somewhere in the area.

Smokey seems to have a very bitter streak where The Marvelettes are concerned.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Smokey seems to have a very bitter streak where The Marvelettes are concerned.....
    Jimi, why do you say that? I just think of him as the ultimate company man.

uptight Guest
    I'm listening to "Someday We'll Be Together" from "The Return Of" album and I hear some hiss/buzz. I am guessing this is a fault in the original master tapes that developed over time?

I always liked this version of "Someday", but the "ohh yeah's" make me laugh, especially the male voice. It sounds like some guy in the control room shouting out just to add to the track. lol.
    The buzz in "Someday We'll Be Together" is on the original master as evidenced on the vinyl LP. It isn't something that develops over time. It was likely electrical interference while originally recording or mixing that song. I'm guessing the hum is from the electric guitar. The noise seems to be doubled [[in stereo) by the guitar's tape-delayed echo effect.

he's been quoted as saying some very harsh things to the late Gladys Horton when she was down on her luck;
    something to the effect of 'you're down? well, stay down"; the losing of the group's name, their erasure from the Motown history [[like Motown 25);
    he was the VP of Motown, you know..nasty,just nasty

Quote Originally Posted by uptight View Post
    The buzz in "Someday We'll Be Together" is on the original master as evidenced on the vinyl LP. It isn't something that develops over time. It was likely electrical interference while originally recording or mixing that song. I'm guessing the hum is from the electric guitar. The noise seems to be doubled [[in stereo) by the guitar's tape-delayed echo effect.
    Thank you Uptight! I have the original vinyl LP, but I never noticed it before...probably because I only bought it this past summer and haven't played it very much. [[Shame on me! lol).

Thank you Uptight! I have the original vinyl LP, but I never noticed it before...probably because I only bought it this past summer and haven't played it very much. [[Shame on me! lol).
    That kind of thing would be hard to pick up on listening to the original vinyl; I imagine it's more obvious on the transfer to digital.

I'm amazed at some of the transfers on this set. Really beautifully done and the Mono mixes especially really pop.

I'm used to hearing the mono version of the Pink album, so it's great to have the stereo version now. You can really hear that bass on "Barefootin' "!

uptight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    That kind of thing would be hard to pick up on listening to the original vinyl; I imagine it's more obvious on the transfer to digital.

I'm amazed at some of the transfers on this set. Really beautifully done and the Mono mixes especially really pop.
    Yeah, I can see how it's hard to hear that hum on the vinyl record. CDs made from the original tapes are generally easier to listen to more closely and more intently without the distracting pops, clicks and surface noise of the vinyl versions.

I'm surprised that no one has noticed that on the wonderful disc #4 that tracks 6 & 16 have been transposed! 6 is 'Just One More Kiss [[Before You Leave)' & 16 is 'One Kiss Led To Another'!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has noticed that on the wonderful disc #4 that tracks 6 & 16 have been transposed! 6 is 'Just One More Kiss [[Before You Leave)' & 16 is 'One Kiss Led To Another'!
    It was mentioned on another thread discussing this release. Harry replied that it was his oversight.

Thanks, must have missed that.

Bob come lately, here! The package finally arrived yesterday from Deep Discount.

Mix is everything. Listening to the bonus track I'm Gonna Hold On Long As I Can from the UK album makes the US version seem pale. If I can say it like our cousins, this is a stomper [is that the right term?]. I would have been more into the song back when it was released if this had been the mix.

The one small disappointment with the set is the bonus track The Hunter Gets Captured By the Game not having the extra verse with the real end of no fade. The hope was for a remix to capture the two parts of the song.

Finally, real difficulty has been experienced scanning the covers of Forever and Forever More due to the "metallic" nature of the covers. The scanner light reflects off the metallic surface producing a dull image. Does anyone have any techniques for capturing the metallic surface in a scan?

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    Bob come lately, here! The package finally arrived yesterday from Deep Discount.

Mix is everything. Listening to the bonus track I'm Gonna Hold On Long As I Can from the UK album makes the US version seem pale. If I can say it like our cousins, this is a stomper [is that the right term?]. I would have been more into the song back when it was released if this had been the mix.

The one small disappointment with the set is the bonus track The Hunter Gets Captured By the Game not having the extra verse with the real end of no fade. The hope was for a remix to capture the two parts of the song.
    Agree with both of these observations. Miss the original ending of Hunter without the sudden fade. Had made a query earlier to see if this might be "corrected" in the package but guess it was not.

Love Hold On Long As I Can much more in the UK mix as well...never heard that but knew it existed. Definitely adds a lot to that song, yes a real stomper.

I'm loving the set in spite of the little flaw on Hunter so am not complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    It was mentioned on another thread discussing this release. Harry replied that it was his oversight.
    Yep. The first run of the limited edition pressing has this track switch. The master has been revised and the second run - as well as the digital masters up at iTunes and elsewhere - will have the corrected master. Folks who bought the first run, it's a collector's item times two.

All I can say is.......It was well worth the wait. Love this box set

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I've just picked up on the mistake while I was listening to Disc Four [[and made the mistake of starting a new thread about it). With the similarity between the two song titles, it's an understandable mistake.

Forever More: The Complete Motown Albums, Vol. 2 CD
    Marvelettes
    Our Price: $71.98
    When the Marvelettes' "Please Mr. Postman" climbed to the top of the pop charts in 1961, it was not only a hit record, it was the crossover hit an ambitious and feisty little independent label out of Detroit, Motown Records, needed. The rest ... Full Descriptionis history -- Marvin Gaye, the Temptations, the Supremes, the Four Tops, Smokey Robinson -- the Motown catalog is an endless treasure, and not the least of these is the wonderful recording legacy of the Marvelettes. Somehow the public wasn't drawn to this fine singing trio quite as much as it was to the Supremes, but the quality and consistency of the Marvelettes' work at Motown proves that they were way more than just an opening act for the Diana Ross caravan. This four-CD set, the second multi-disc set in a series documenting the Marvelettes history at Motown [[the first, 2009's Forever: The Complete Motown Albums, Vol. 1, covered 1961 to 1965 and collected the group's first six albums, plus singles, B-sides and rarities), compiles the group's final four albums [[1967's The Marvelettes, 1968's Sophisticated Soul, 1969's In Full Bloom, and 1970's The Return of the Marvelettes), along with non-LP singles, B-sides, and other rarities from the same time period, and documents the last chapter in this fine singing group's Motown legacy -- a legacy that stands with any at the label. Without the Marvelettes, who knows what the history of Motown Records would have been like? Luckily, we don't have to worry about it. Here's why. ~ Steve Leggett

Liner Note Authors: Stu Hackel; Lee Kaye.

Recording information: Golden World Studios [[06/04/1970-06/29/1970); GW [[06/04/1970-06/29/1970); Motown Hitsville USA Studio A [[06/04/1970-06/29/1970); Golden World Studios [[10/14/1966-06/04/1970); GW [[10/14/1966-06/04/1970); Motown Hitsville USA Studio A [[10/14/1966-06/04/1970); Golden World Studios [[12/13/1961-05/22/1970); GW [[12/13/1961-05/22/1970); Motown Hitsville USA Studio A [[12/13/1961-05/22/1970).

Photographers: Frank Dandridge; Rudy Calvo; George Solomon; Pierre Bass.

Personnel: Wanda Rogers [[vocals).

Audio Mixer: Obie O'Brien.

List Price $79.98 [[You save $8.00)
    Category Rock/Pop, R&B, Pop, Oldies, Girl Groups, Box Sets
    Label Hip-o Select
    Orig Year 2011
    All Time Product Rank 484,009
    CD Universe Part number 8629085
    Catalog number 001619302
    Discs 4
    Release Date Dec 13, 2011
    Mono/Stereo Stereo
    Producer Harry Weinger [[Compilation)
    Recording Time 310 minutes
    Personnel Wanda Rogers - vocals

Also: Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol

Trk Song Time Price
    1 Barefootin' See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    2 Message To Michael * See All 3
    The Marvelettes 3:06 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    3 Hunter Gets Captured By the Game * See All 11
    The Marvelettes 2:47 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    4 When You're Young And In Love * See All 13
    The Marvelettes 2:39 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    5 I Know Better See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    6 I Can't Turn Around See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    7 He Was Really Sayin' Somethin' See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    8 Day You Take One, The [[You Have to Take the Other) See All 6
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    9 When I Need You * See All 4
    The Marvelettes 3:09 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    10 Keep Off, No Trespassing See All 2
    Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol, The Marvelettes
    11 Tonight Was Made For Love * See All 3
    The Marvelettes 2:51 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    12 I Need Someone See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    13 My Baby Must Be a Magician * See All 13
    The Marvelettes 2:34 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    14 Destination: Anywhere * See All 7
    The Marvelettes 2:38 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    15 I'm Gonna Hold on Long as I Can
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    16 Here I Am Baby * See All 8
    The Marvelettes 2:49 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    17 You're the One For Me Bobby See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    18 Reachin' For Somethin' I Can't Have See All 5
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    19 Your Love Can Save Me See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    20 You're the One * See All 9
    [[From different album)
    21 Don't Make Hurting Me a Habit See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    22 What's Easy For Two Is Hard For One See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    23 Stranger See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    24 Someway, Somehow See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    25 Hunter Gets Captured by the Game * See All 11 Extended Anthology Version
    [[with The Marvelettes) 2:47 $0.99
    [[Different version)
    26 When You're Young and in Love * See All 13 Alternate Mix with Spoken Intro
    [[with The Marvelettes) 2:39 $0.99
    [[Different version)
    27 I'm Gonna Hold On Long as I Can U.K. Album Version
    [[with The Marvelettes)

Disc 2
    1 Seeing Is Believing
    The Marvelettes
    2 Sunshine Days
    The Marvelettes
    3 That's How Heartaches Are Made * See All 5
    The Marvelettes 2:57 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    4 Truth's Outside My Door * See All 2
    The Marvelettes 2:44 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    5 I Have Someone [[Who Loves Me Too) See All 2
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    6 Uptown
    The Marvelettes
    7 At Last I See Love As It Really Is
    The Marvelettes
    8 Now Is The Time For Love
    The Marvelettes
    9 Too Many Tears, Too Many Times
    The Marvelettes
    10 Rainy Mourning See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    11 Everybody Knows [[But You) * See All 2
    [[with The Marvelettes) 2:51 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    12 Love Silent, Love Deep
    The Marvelettes
    13 So I Can Love You
    The Marvelettes
    14 Marionette See All 4
    The Marvelettes
    15 That's How Heartaches Are Made * See All 5
    The Marvelettes 2:57 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    16 Breath Taking Guy See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    17 No More Tearstained Make Up
    The Marvelettes
    18 Uptown
    The Marvelettes
    19 Someday We'll Be Together * See All 2
    The Marvelettes 3:16 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    20 After All
    The Marvelettes
    21 Our Lips Just Seem to Rhyme Every Time See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    22 Fading Away
    The Marvelettes
    23 Take Me Where You Go
    The Marvelettes
    24 I'll Be In Trouble
    The Marvelettes
    25 Love Is Good
    The Marvelettes
    26 Caught You Putting the Game on Love See All 2
    [[with The Marvelettes)

Disc 3
    1 Barefootin' See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    2 Message To Michael * See All 3
    The Marvelettes 3:06 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    3 Hunter Gets Captured By the Game * See All 11
    [[From different album)
    4 When You're Young And In Love * See All 13
    The Marvelettes 2:39 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    5 I Know Better See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    6 I Can't Turn Around See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    7 He Was Really Sayin' Somethin' See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    8 Day You Take One, The [[You Have to Take the Other) See All 6
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    9 When I Need You * See All 4
    The Marvelettes 3:09 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    10 Keep Off, No Trespassing See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    11 Tonight Was Made For Love * See All 3
    The Marvelettes 2:51 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    12 I Need Someone See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    13 My Baby Must Be a Magician * See All 13
    The Marvelettes 2:34 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    14 Destination: Anywhere * See All 7
    The Marvelettes 2:38 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    15 I'm Gonna Hold on Long as I Can
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    16 Here I Am Baby * See All 8
    The Marvelettes 2:49 $0.99
    [[From different album)
    17 You're the One For Me Bobby See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    18 Reachin' For Somethin' I Can't Have See All 5
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    19 Your Love Can Save Me See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    20 You're the One * See All 9
    [[From different album)
    21 Don't Make Hurting Me a Habit See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    22 What's Easy For Two Is Hard For One See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    23 Stranger See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    24 Someway, Somehow See All 3
    The Marvelettes
    25 Paper Boy See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    26 Poor Little Rich Girl
    The Marvelettes
    27 I Hope You Have Better Luck Than I Did
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    28 Sugar's Never Been as Sweet as You See All 2
    The Marvelettes
    29 You Ain't Livin' 'Til You're Lovin'
    [[with The Marvelettes)

Disc 4
    1 Three Months
    The Marvelettes
    2 My Baby Won't Come Back
    The Marvelettes
    3 I Can't Help It
    The Marvelettes
    4 From Now On
    The Marvelettes
    5 Don't Fence Me In
    The Marvelettes
    6 One Kiss Led to Another
    The Marvelettes
    7 You Better Behave
    The Marvelettes
    8 Queen Of The Fools
    The Marvelettes
    9 Johnny Do Right
    The Marvelettes
    10 Dance A While, Cry A While
    The Marvelettes
    11 You Better Cool It
    The Marvelettes
    12 You Can Bet Your Bottom Dollar
    The Marvelettes
    13 Train That's Bringing My Baby
    The Marvelettes
    14 Learning To Forget You
    The Marvelettes
    15 You Lost the Sweetest Boy
    The Marvelettes
    16 Just One More Kiss [[Before You Leave Me)
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    17 So Glad It's Summertime
    The Marvelettes
    18 There Is No Tomorrow [[Only Tears and Sorrow)
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    19 Don't Make Hurting Me a Habit See All 2 Version 1
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    20 I Can't Wait 'Tll Summer Comes
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    21 Breakthru [[I've Got My Freedom)
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    22 When My Love Was Born
    The Marvelettes
    23 Why'd You Do It
    The Marvelettes
    24 Change Of Heart
    The Marvelettes
    25 That's the Way I See Him
    The Marvelettes
    26 Boy from Crosstown See All 2 Version 1
    [[with The Marvelettes)
    27 Boy from Crosstown See All 2 Version 2
    [[with The Marvelettes)

Question for Harry:

When will the digital download version of "Forever More" be finally available on Rhapsody, Amazon.com and iTunes [[et al)?

honest man Guest
    Anyone know when us Brits are going to get this set, cheers.

Forever More was on iTunes for a day or two. I remember seeing it on there on the release date and last week, it seemed to have disappeared. Although you couldn't purchase the individual tracks. You had to purchase the entire set of mp3's for approximately $40.

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    Has anyone noticed any problems with their fourth disc from about track 20 onward? It's skipping, I can't copy it to my iPod properly, on multiple drives / players.

I wonder if I just have a defective copy, or if it's a mastering issue?
    Mine didn't skip, but it did take an extra long time to rip the fourth disc onto my computer compared to how long it usually takes.

I've only had the CDs for a week now and I'm surprised how fast I'm already singing along to everything! I love that they included every song and didn't leave any songs off. I also noticed that the online pictures look like the cover artwork is supposed to be gray, but it's actually green. I like how they matched it with Gladys' green top in one of the inside panel photos.

Finally I would like to ask something, I have received my copy and now I have selected 103 songs for the car. I notice that two songs are different, they were "Twistin Postman" and "Strange I know", there are other versions on the "Compact Command Performances" CD with a little bit more vocals. Why are these versions not included in other CD compilations of The Marvelettes?

On the fourth CD one of my favorites of the early stuff is "From now on" the song is sophisticated.

I´m very happy to have now the complete Marvelettes story

Honest Man, when the set first went on to Amazon uk it was really expensive around £70, they gave release date of 13/12/11, but since then the price has dropped to £21, but site is saying they will let you know when set becomes available, no release date on HMV UK either and the price is around £40.
    I am sure I read somewhere that the UK release date is 30/01/12

hope this is a help

I keep goin back to "You Ain't Livin Until Your Lovin" wow that could have been a strong commercial single, much better song then "Destination Anywhere".

honest man Guest
    Any updates on this release in UK yet,cheers.

[QUOTE=nabob;83071]Bob come lately, here! The package finally arrived yesterday from Deep Discount.

I agree. The UK version of Hold On is a killer! Love that piano intro and Ann Bogan took the song to church!

The album set was taken down from iTunes because of the swapped tracks on Disc 4. That master has been re-delivered and I expect the full album to be back up in couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    The album set was taken down from iTunes because of the swapped tracks on Disc 4. That master has been re-delivered and I expect the full album to be back up in couple of weeks.
    Will the album set be available via Amazon.com and Rhapsody as well?

RossHolloway Guest
    All I can say is WOW. I've been listening to this collection for the past two weeks on my computer at work. There's just so much to try and wrap my head around. This is my first time hearing the groups last two albums, In Full Bloom and Return of the Marvelettes. I absolutely love Wanda's vocals on That's How Heartaches Are Made. And how in the heck did the track Too Many Tears, Too Many Times get overlooked for release for a single in 1965/66? It's great to finally hear them both, but I can't help but wondering about what all was going on in the group during these final years. Am I also correct in seeing that Gladys Horton did not sing lead on any song after September 1966, a full year before she left the group? I found that rather strange...

I also thought some of their unreleased songs to be quite remarkable; Songs like Queen of Fools, Johnny Do Right, Learning to Forget You, You've Lost the Sweetest Boy and perhaps my favorite, Just One More Kiss [[Before You Leave Me).

For those who haven't picked up this release yet, you won't be sorry if you do get this. The lay out, booklet and packaging are all just beautiful. Another fantastic job by Harry and Company! Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by RossHolloway; 02-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.

RossHolloway Guest
    ** Sidenote: does anyone else hear some refrains of What Becomes of the Broken Hearted on the track I Have Someone [[Who Loves Me Too)?

Can't wait for UK release on 20 Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    ** Sidenote: does anyone else hear some refrains of What Becomes of the Broken Hearted on the track I Have Someone [[Who Loves Me Too)?
    I agree that it does, especially, on the "now I have someone..." surge in the high notes is very evocative of "now what becomes of..." in "Brokenhearted." But I had never noticed it before.

only a week till the UK release, is it still Feb 20th ? any news of delays?