Really Sylvester Stallone? ROCKY was your idea? I don't think so. let's go back to 1956 to a movie called

SOMEBODY UP THERE LIKES ME[[1956)

• THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8 @ 09:00 AM [[ET) - REMINDER

MAIN LINKS

OVERVIEWFULL CREDITSFULL SYNOPSISNOTESMUSICSCREENPLAY INFOORIGINAL PRINT INFOGENREKEYWORDS
data from AFI catalog

USER REVIEWSOTHER REVIEWSARTICLESMONEYAWARDSQUOTESTRIVIAHOME VIDEO REVIEWSMISC NOTESALTERNATE VERSIONSTHEATRICAL ASPECT RATIOVIDEOTCM ARCHIVESFAN SITES
Contribute
FOR SOMEBODY UP THERE LIKES ME [[1956) YOU CAN
UPLOAD AN IMAGESUBMIT A VIDEO OR MOVIE CLIPADD ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONWRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW

TCM Messageboards
Post your comments here
ADD YOUR COMMENT>

SHARE:

Twitter

Email

Remind Me
TCMDb Archive MaterialsVIEW ALL ARCHIVES [[3)

Contribute
+ add now

Shop tcm.com

SOMEBODY UP... - NOT AVAILABLE

Crying Boy
VOTE FOR THIS TITLE:
Our records indicate this title is not available on Home Video. Vote below for it to be released on DVD.

OVERVIEW

powered by AFI

Brief Synopsis

In Manhattan's Lower East Side, young Rocky Barbella is abused by his alcoholic father, ex-boxer Nick Barbella. Running from his home life, Rocky begins a career of robbery and petty crime, which continues into his teens, when the local church protectory finally refuses to grant him asylum from the juvenile detention system. After Rocky returns on the run from the police, Nick throws him out, calling him a bum and a devil. Rocky immediately rounds up his gang members, Romolo, Fidel and Shorty the Greek, and leads them on a series of robberies. They sell the goods to a fence in exchange for natty new suits, only to be arrested during a rumble with a rival gang. After Nick refuses to provide Rocky with an alibi, the judge sentences the boy to a prison term in Mackinaw. When Warden George Niles visits Rocky in his cell, Rocky refuses his offer of help and instead burns him with a cigarette, thus earning himself a transfer to a brutal work camp. There, he beats up a guard and, while attempting to shoot him, is forcibly restrained by the other prisoners. Fellow convict Frankie Peppo advises Rocky to use his expert fighting skills to earn money in the boxing ring, but Rocky, disgusted by any similarity to his father, refuses. For assaulting the guard, Rocky is sent to Riker's Island, where the warden attempts to break his spirit by placing him in solitary confinement. However, it is not until Rocky's mothe

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/4...f-Promise.html

​AIRS TOMORROW @ 9am est