[REMOVE ADS]

dzMusica Guest

Martha and the Vandellas Performances

Hey all! Nice day in Motown! Does anybody have any performances of Martha and the Vandellas besides those on Youtube [[on there its like 3 Nowhere ro Runs, 1 Heatwave, 3 Dancing in the Streets, 1 Jimmy Mack, 1 Bless You)?

I want to see the performances not just be told about them.

dzMusica
    Last edited by dzMusica; 12-01-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Martha & the Vandellas didn`t appear on tv. very much at all. Most of the shows were around 1965 - 66. Shindig, Shivaree, Hullabaloo, Swingin` Time, Where The Action Is, Hollywood A Go-Go, TeenTown, Bandstand and Shebang. Upbeat and Music Scene were a bit later and I don`t know of anything on those.Ed Sullivan has only one and I can`t think of anything on Hollywood Palace.There are of course celibrity shows but they are mostly bare.The Beat didn`t have
    any Motown on it.There`s a couple on Soul Train and that`s about it.

There's of course, the 1969 Mike Douglas show... and although it's never surfaced, they did appear on "Get It Together" in 1970 [[the show hosted by Mama Cass and Sam Riddle) they also appeared on Soul! on PBS... I'm DYIN to see that one!

dzMusica Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Martha & the Vandellas didn`t appear on tv. very much at all. Most of the shows were around 1965 - 66. Shindig, Shivaree, Hullabaloo, Swingin` Time, Where The Action Is, Hollywood A Go-Go, TeenTown, Bandstand and Shebang. Upbeat and Music Scene were a bit later and I don`t know of anything on those.Ed Sullivan has only one and I can`t think of anything on Hollywood Palace.There are of course celibrity shows but they are mostly bare.The Beat didn`t have
    any Motown on it.There`s a couple on Soul Train and that`s about it.
    These other documentaries have them like when Phil Collins is talking about Heatwave and Motorcity Rising. They just show clips though. They are out there.

dzMusica

There are two on the "Ready Steady Go Motown Special" with Dusty Springfield.

They were also on shows like Dick Clark..[[the Jimmy Mack clip is so cool), SOUL Christmas special[["Wild One"), Joey Bishop, show, countless Mike Douglas shows, SHEBANG!,[[Better check this out before it's snatched off!

They did Ed Sullivan, Joey Bishop, a TV special called SOUL, American Bandstand, Where The Action Is. I'd say
    they were on TV quite a bit.

Ed Sullivan Show Themselves December 5, 1965: Martha and the Vandellas, Tom Jones, Shelley Berman
    The Joey Bishop Show Themselves December 5, 1967
    The Merv Griffin Show Themselves June 6, 1968
    The Merv Griffin Show Themselves April 10, 1968
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves Week of August 12, 1968
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves October 22, 1969
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves October 5, 1966
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves December 20, 1968
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves October 15, 1968
    Where The Action Is Themselves Martha and the Vandellas / Bobby Vee
    Where The Action Is Themselves Martha & the Vandellas / Barry Ryan
    Where The Action Is Themselves April 6, 1966: Martha and the Vandellas, Danny Hutton

Joey Bishop Show 1967[[Lois Reeves first TV appearance!)
    Last edited by loveblind; 12-01-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Martha & the Vandellas were on tv as much as most of the Top rock n soul stars of the 60's.The TV shows any ock acts could be on were limited. Thanks for that pix loveblind. Loved there appearance on Joey Bishop...their routine to Honey Chile was really cool.

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Oh! I recognise those gowns from the cover of the Dutch 'Best Of' - with Sandy in Rosalind's place

Quote Originally Posted by loveblind View Post
    Ed Sullivan Show Themselves December 5, 1965: Martha and the Vandellas, Tom Jones, Shelley Berman
    The Joey Bishop Show Themselves December 5, 1967
    The Merv Griffin Show Themselves June 6, 1968
    The Merv Griffin Show Themselves April 10, 1968
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves Week of August 12, 1968
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves October 22, 1969
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves October 5, 1966
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves December 20, 1968
    The Mike Douglas Show Themselves October 15, 1968
    Where The Action Is Themselves Martha and the Vandellas / Bobby Vee
    Where The Action Is Themselves Martha & the Vandellas / Barry Ryan
    Where The Action Is Themselves April 6, 1966: Martha and the Vandellas, Danny Hutton

Joey Bishop Show 1967[[Lois Reeves first TV appearance!)

Thanks Loveblind I couldn`t find much on dvd for sale sites and assumed incorrectly that there weren`t many. Great list many thanks I`ll look out for them.