[REMOVE ADS]

Every word is true

How many songs can we name that have been hits sung from real life experiences?....sunny[bobby hebb]...beginning of my end[the unifics]...superwoman[stevie wonder]...????

It's not soul music, but "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    It's not soul music, but "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot comes to mind.
    Was one of my favorite songs at the time [[Fall, 1976).

One of the writers of this song, Joe Freeman, said this was autobiographical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1aDrwgACJk

I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert a couple weeks ago ~ he sang all the hits, at age 73 ~ after the years of alcoholism, the voice is running about 50%; but he's a Canadian icon and it was great to hear and see.

I Wish It Would Rain, Your My Everything and I Could Never Love Another, recorded by The Temptations and co-written by Roger Penzabene, all three songs where written about his wife who he realized was unfaithful. Sadly after the release of Rain, Roger committed suicide. He was also credited with The Gladys composition "End of Our Road".

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    i wish it would rain, your my everything and i could never love another, recorded by the temptations and co-written by roger penzabene, all three songs where written about his wife who he realized was unfaithful. Sadly after the release of rain, roger committed suicide. He was also credited with the gladys composition "end of our road".
    wow paladin i didn't know that,man if we ever got together and stated talkin about the temps it would be an endless conversation...you da man!!

Solitary Man - Neil Diamond he said this himself this is one of the best of the bunch in his repetoire.
    Hes Just a Friend - Biz Markie
    Im Just a Singer in a Rock and Roll Band - Moody Blues

wow paladin i didn't know that,man if we ever got together and stated talkin about the temps it would be an endless conversation...you da man!!
    Thats quite true Jai, just remember we are in the same regiment ............just remember to bring the "clear" to shake loose those memory chains and things.....nice thread........

More love-the miracles!

That story of Roger Penzabene always bugged the mess outta me. Such a talent wasting himself over someone who I'm
    sure was not even worth it. A friend of mine did the same thing years ago and I hated he was gone with his little tramp of a wife living well from his labor...
    Anyway, many of the Delfonics songs including La La Means I Love You believe it or not were written from William Hart
    personal relationships with his wife and kid...

Stephanie, Biz Markie's He's Just A Friend is a song I always wondered about ...

Would "When a Man Loves a Woman" qualify? I thought that was written because he was spurned.........

Billie jean-mj

Thank you for loving me-stevie wonder!