[REMOVE ADS]

the complete motown software..........you have to see it

i've just downloaded the trial [[15 days) complete motown software.its got every track,single,lp,us and uk releases.pictures of the lp covers,pictures of the singles.click on an album and get the track listing.i've been in it for hours and i havent found what i started looking for.because i got side tracked,there is so much on here.

the released software will be able to search youtube for motown based vids and a whole load more.in fact i'm not sure what the limits are.

below is the youtube demo link.there is no sound so dont panic,you aint gone deaf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym9UB...&feature=feedu
    Last edited by tamla617; 11-24-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Looks like it 'borrows' from DFTMC, Seabear etc! It looks rather messy to me with all the menus.

i know what you mean but it becomes alot clearer with use.i'd like it to fill the page too.

Can't find the 14 day trial do you have a link, have they mentioned a cost? Thanks John

Download is $25.00

Thanks for the post! Does it feature detailed recording info [[and not just the release date)?

Still can't find the website to download the trial from? from what I read he is a young guy who is into software development and well into Motown.

here is the email address.and just ask for the trial version!or buy it if you can.

email evan on mayosoftware@gmail.com

the recording details i havent found.but i havent got the full blown commercial software.

on the version you buy there are enhancements.media [[search the web for motown tracks,albums,youtube stuff)

bio's on artists.

and my motown.......a check list of what you've got,bought sold etc.

thats what i understand anyway and could be slightly off the mark.look on that youtube link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym9UB...&feature=feedu

jobeterob
    wish i could do that!

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Looks like it 'borrows' from DFTMC, Seabear etc! It looks rather messy to me with all the menus.
    did they just 'help themselves' from those other sites? If so, I don't think charging is appropriate?

I'd be interested to see the acknowledgments, too. And all those Motown trademarks and images ... no wonder he has to charge. I think we'd have to pay a lot of money to use those on DFTMC ... [[which is still free to everyone, by the way, if I may be permitted a small advertisement, Ralph!)
    Last edited by keith_hughes; 11-26-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: spelling error

I had to delete my trial version this morning as my security just did not like it and kept giving me warnings, also I was getting an error with email links, but once deleted I found the latter was not due to the software, I also think the secuirty warnings may have been a little over the top, there is no doubt he has done a great job and it is a true labour of love.

Quote Originally Posted by stopinthenameoflove View Post
    did they just 'help themselves' from those other sites? If so, I don't think charging is appropriate?
    any list of motown tracks,singles and lps,artists etc. is going to have the same stuff,mainly because they are listing exactly the same stuff.
    you cant own a list of released records.at the moment i have to go between dftmc/seabear and bsnpubs.with this i have it in one place AND can find whats available EG. youtube.i can use it in a no wi-fi/internet enviro. aswell because its a program not a website

you cant expect to get this for nothing.25 blats isnt that much for all that.
    Last edited by tamla617; 11-26-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Messy is subjective. Without hands on or testing it is an opinion, and respected for that.
    Actually the idea and concept came about in 1989 it was started in RBase, SimplyDB, Access 2.0 and a number of other databases, but each had their shortcomings. One would not be relational, the other could not do images, another would swell [[get huge). Advances came and images moved from BMP/GIF to JPG compression. It was 1999 before I had a working model.

Actually it was done in several versions, this is the 2004 version. When I initially developed this there was not much information in a searchable sortable manner. I kept it to myself for 5+ years and was mentioned to UMG back in Jun 2002 or 2004 when I was in Baltimore.

Then the Internet became popular.
    The menus were necessary for the 3D relational design. Where you could go from label to artist to recordings. And all them them inter-twined. Sometimes an artist would have recordings on Motown, Tamla or VIP. without the relational design, it would be a flat db Artist>Label or Artist>Records or Artist>Recordings and would spend more time searching than getting answers. If you could compare it to DFTMC or HeatWave you'd know the difference in time it takes.

Sure, it is not for everyone, but yet simply another tool intended for individuals that get in the conundrum or wanting to know which/when/what. Use and it's familiarity is straight forward, but there is a Help button the give guidance. As far as the cost, no money was ever received for the beta tests. That method was intended to discourage 'fly by night' fans that really would not put it through it's paces. I needed to know - Crash Points, why and what caused the crashes [[if it did).

The Labels were scans from actual labels that I purchased or given to me from my extended family. They too would go to flea markets, garage sales, and later ebay and get the labels. [I have a stack of rare LPs, and 45's sitting) The last and most hardest label to find was "WG-701" It took 7 years for me to get my hands on that one. As far as copying from Seabear/DFTMC nahhh, sometimes people in several places can have the same idea, and approach it differently. My approach was for NON-Internet use, when you couldn't get on the internet. But a person was at a Garage Sale/Flea Market and ran across a rare gem and didn't know if it was a re-issue, bootleg or otherwise. The previous portable version for the PocketPC never surfaced in public because the PocketPC died. Still in the background I switched to Android design back in 2008-9 for my personal use.

It was a personal project that got out of hand and I wanted every fan to have. But understanding the nature of the options it never gave it 100% of my time. Since it was not my bread and butter it sat idle. I have been in computers for over 38 years [[electronics 45 years) , won awards in graphics/animation. An artist by nature, geek by profession. mayosoftware@gmail.com

-END RANT-
    Last edited by KegtapperII; 07-05-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Adding contact info

yeah those security warnings were a nightmare. But they were based on Microsoft not the software [the changes they made trying to cover all the bases]. I have dealt with MS before, during the SQL6.5 development. Telling me things it couldn't do, until I sent THEM the method to achieve it. Then 7.0 was released.

JobeteRob - Microsoft made changes in the background to IE7-8-9, and required programmers to have a 'license' included with applications developed. This caused script errors when accessing Youtube [[or internet) from within a program- supposedly to keep virus' at bay.

Not knowing if I wanted to proceed with this project I never applied for the license file. As a former MS developer I could've obtained one, but it already took so much of my time and I had other projects to complete. You may be seeing this soon from a Chinese or UK company along with the Android/iPad version.

It was not my intention to have fans waiting this long.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    I'd be interested to see the acknowledgments, too. And all those Motown trademarks and images ... no wonder he has to charge. I think we'd have to pay a lot of money to use those on DFTMC ... [[which is still free to everyone, by the way, if I may be permitted a small advertisement, Ralph!)
    It wasn't intended to be released only tested. That's why I choose fans and not 'average Joes'.
    If UMG wanted it, they'd release it. I don't have the time to make it a solo project with the travel and training I do. So other companies that showed interest were after the YEA/NAY from UMe/Motown but not before. They can deal with the licensing and rights if needed. I made it easy on myself by making it skinable, and a debranded version since I always have a Plan B. The data/image insertion tools do not require changes to the core. YouTube videos were the biggest headaches because they come and go [[or pulled) so the user may be able to add/delete their own YouTube links. But again, it was a trial/beta.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Still can't find the website to download the trial from? from what I read he is a young guy who is into software development and well into Motown.
    Not that young. But I have developed a number of other non-Motown or music related programs from Legal to Social Services to a huge Home Design Center program that allowed buyers to choose floors, cabinets exteriors etc... It had over 1.7 million items, for home 'types' in 7 states.

Because you cannot put stucco on a house in Colorado it had to be relational so that it was not an option. Keeping track of things on that scale was a real mind boggling feat. Combine that with regulations - Whew!

The legal program had layers of security - Lawyer, Clerk, Legal Aide, Anyone from Secret/Private/Locked/Unclassified

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by stopinthenameoflove View Post
    Not lifted or borrowed from any site. The original software version was composed and started even before the Internet was known by most people. I just didn't think anyone else was interested until I found various forums had started some years later. Since it is relative to the past, everything will remain fixed. I got tired of looking for items that never were issued. Incorrect entries/releases in HeatWave led me to verify entries.