[REMOVE ADS]

Great album debuts

I am recreating an old compilation tape I made back in late 1978, added A Taste Of Honey's "Boogie Oogie Oogie", and was reminded of just how good this sadly, mostly forgotten debut album is. It's special from the first opening notes of "Boogie Oogie Oogie", to the sweet atmosphere of "This Love Of Ours" and "World Spin", to the lush "Sky High", all the up to the 60s throwback of "You're In Good hands Now".

The sisters do some mean guitar work on the hit single, and let their chops shine throughout the album.

The album is notable for me because of the detailed engineering and mixing. The liner notes mention the use of a Neve Board and mixing with automation, something new for that time-period.

What are some of your favorite debut albums?

http://youtu.be/TJ0XolwVy

Though tecnically not his first appearance it was Bootsy first as a leader...

Why don't people preview their posts first before wasting our times with some worthless link?
    Also why not use the Insert Video icon to post videos on same page instead of a link that opens
    a new tab?
    That being said, I agree that Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band was great
    Also:
    Parliament: Osmium
    Funkadelic
    Brides OF Funkenstein: Funk Or Walk
    Eddie Hazel's only solo "Games, Dames & Guitar Thangs"
    Earth, Wind & Fire: Sweet Sweetback Badasssss Song soundtrack
    Rose Royce: Car Wash soundtrack
    The Headhunters: Survival Of The Fittest
    The Bros Johnson: Look Out For Number 1