[REMOVE ADS]

New Betty Wright album

Heard a few clips on the radio and an interview. Some thoughts:

* The clips sounded good.

* Some of it is new arrangements of older stuff, or clips of older stuff.

* Mixed feelings on The Roots, who is the backing band here. Their album with John Legend wasn't very good, IMO.

* In typical fashion, classic soul legend duets with some newbies like Josh Stone. I wish that loser Snoop Doggy wasn't on here like he is the new Mayer Hawthorne album.What do people see in this homely, no talent hack?

* The duet with Lenny Willimas sounds encouraging.

* I like Betty enough to possibly buy this album, but I'll have to give it a few listens on Amazon.

* I'm glad she's still in the music business, she is talented.

I love Betty but I won't get this one. I don't have a problem with The Roots and I remember Betty supported Josh on
    her early release. I just have this rule:
    I don't allow Lil Wayne in my house. He's on the record. I wouldn't see his act or take his "music" if it were FREE.
    Keep me posted on her next release...

I don't allow Lil Wayne in my house.

An "Amen" to that one! As far as his 'music'.....well, the word 'music' and Lil Wayne shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

@splanky and blueskies.....I second that emotion in reference to Lil Wayne!!!

New Betty Wright album

I'll have to get this one and skip over Lil Wayne. I absolutely love The Roots and the collaboration of the two, I'm excited to hear what they have conjured up. I actually liked the cd they did with John Legend. They rmained true to the original compositions that they re-recorded. The written reviews on there so far are good. Also, love the vintage looking cd cover.Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  21.2 KB