[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Releases for 2012

Anyone have a clue for what may lay ahead for The 60's Supremes releases next near? Does anyone have any idea if they might speed up the releases a little faster?

please....my credit cards are pleading for mercy...lol

lol. I don't even have The Singles Collection and More Hits yet!

I think they're working on reissuing something from the Shantel Baker era of The Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I think they're working on reissuing something from the Shantel Baker era of The Supremes.
    Oh you mean from the 1984-85 era?

Yes.........

Maybe not the most favourite of Supremes albums, "Sing and Perform Funny Girl" deserves a CD release, even just to say that all of their albums have issued on CD.

Andy did say on John's radio show that all of the albums, including Funny Girl, would be released sooner or later.

The committed fans need to support the releases......even the less popular ones like Meet the Supremes.

Well it leaves 19 60's Supremes albums [[including all Live and Disney songs) left that need the hip-o treatment. If one came out a year thats 19 years. If 2 releases came out a year thats roughly 9 years. Expensive as some of them are I still would like to see them sped up a little more.

Laurel Guest
    I hope the Disney album gets a release. And I didn't know the Supremes recorded a Funny Girl album. That's such a wonderful show, I'd really would like to hear the Supremes sing Barbra Streisand.

I love the Funny Girl album, but it was part of another glut of albums released in the same time frame[[5 albums released in 1968,which is insane),similiar to the 1965 log jam we've discussed elsewhere, where 5 or 6 Supremes albums were released almost one on top of another and sadly, Funny Girl didn't sell [[there we go with sales figures again) and subsequently was deemed a failure;
    it's not; it's brilliant..
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 11-19-2011 at 10:09 PM.

If they speeded up The Supremes releases the vocals would sound a bit high I think. 45 rpm was just about right.

hopefully there will be a Baby Love release with all the different mixes in both stereo & mono with & without background vocals & accapella versions......jus kiddin ofcourse.

I have "Funny Girl" on cd and would swap for the Disney tracks "Zip", "Spoonful" & "Chim"

think LIVE AT THE COPA is one of the next albums to get deluxe treatment?????

Ive heard though I cant give names, that a cd just of Baby Love is in the pipeline--including-in Fillipini,Yiddish; without the OOOOOOOOO at the beginning; Andantes on lead; Flo's mic not in bathroom version,xmas version[[Santa Clause my Santa Clause);Syreeta dubbed in for one verse version...

Don't forget the newly discovered 13 minute "Ooo" version of "Baby Love" sung by the rising Motown starlet, Shantel Baker backed by Pearlie Salters, Tina Duress, Barbara Martin with additional help from the Andantes.

selinasian Guest
    As long as the release doesn't contain yet another version of Buttered popcorn!

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Don't forget the newly discovered 13 minute "Ooo" version of "Baby Love" sung by the rising Motown starlet, Shantel Baker backed by Pearlie Salters, Tina Duress, Barbara Martin with additional help from the Andantes.
    I can't wait!! Or as Shantel would sing, "Just gotta wait, wait, wait!! Wait, wait baybaaayy!!! Gotta wait baybaayy!!"

Please only hits packages with unreleased tracks.

But we've had to have run out of unreleased studio tracks by now, yes? Regardless, I LOVE the exanded editions of the studio albums with the mono/stereo versions and the assembling together of time-approriate live/unreleased [[at the time) studio tracks and can only hope that they continue. In fact, a deluxe box set of all the expanded editions at some point when they've all been released individually would be pretty terrific, too...
    Last edited by ejluther; 11-25-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Buttered Popcorn Live.

Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    As long as the release doesn't contain yet another version of Buttered popcorn!

I would love to hear a live version of Buttered Popcorn where Flo lets loose on stage.

Hope it's the "I Hear A Symphony" LP.
    After "More Hits" it's my second fave LP of all time... Think it's a lovely mix, and even love the MOR tracks on it too.
    However, I'd love to hear a stereo version of "He's All I Got", which I'm sure has never appeared anywhere . . . unless anyone can tell me different. "Everything About You" Appeared in stereo on the Supremes pink box set, and what a joy that was... Can't remember if "Any Girl In Love" has ever been out in stereo. Oh, and "Lovers Concerto", not sue on that one either, but what a great version it is.
    Following "Symphony" I'd hope for "Supremes A Go-Go", and that would be great too.

Wayne

However, I'd love to hear a stereo version of "He's All I Got", which I'm sure has never appeared anywhere . . . unless anyone can tell me different. "Everything About You" Appeared in stereo on the Supremes pink box set, and what a joy that was... Can't remember if "Any Girl In Love" has ever been out in stereo. Oh, and "Lovers Concerto", not sue on that one either, but what a great version it is.
    So the versions on the stereo LP aren't really in stereo? Or do you mean appeared anywhere on CD in stereo?

Do you think the On Broadway T.V. soundtrack with The Temptations will ever get a CD release? I have it on vinyl, but its getting a bit too past its sell by date to play properly now....Paulo xxx

disc 1 would be TCB with out takes, etc, disc 2 G.I.T. with out takes, etc..
    I just recently found out that "Rhythm Of Life" was released as a single, the 'live" GIT version, and was a Top Ten single overseas, Australia or Africa, not sure where exactly, it was the only Diana Ross/Supremes product to be a hit in that particular country..

found it on wikipedia..it was the flip of "Why Must we Fall in Love"...Australia played the flip, the 'live' RHythm Of Life and it went to #2!!! on the Aussie charts!...boyoboy..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_[[Must_We_Fall_in_Love)
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 11-28-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Well, now thats a suprise! I actually thought that this was one of the few enjoyable tracks on the LP. Why, was of course, released as a single in the UK. GIT album was not released in the UK..Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    Do you think the On Broadway T.V. soundtrack with The Temptations will ever get a CD release? I have it on vinyl, but its getting a bit too past its sell by date to play properly now....Paulo xxx
    On Broadway is one of the easiest and cheapest LP's to pick up still sealed from unsold cut out copies on Ebay. I bought one there of it and Funny Girl to do needle drop MP3's until these finally see release in about 10 years after the main studio albums with singles get their deluxe treatment. I still figure they will do it as a 2 disc with TCB. They will probably throw Funny Girl into a box set with Liverpool/Sam Cooke/CW&P as a catch all Supreme Interpretation collection.

Must be American e-bay. Never seen it on UK e-bay. I bought my original copy mint in San Fransisco on a lay over when flying back in 197?.....Paulo xxx