[REMOVE ADS]

Are there any classic motown completists out there.

I`m one and wish to have all the music ones on cd.I`m not interested in spoken word or ones like the Abbey Tavern Singers.Not living in the UK.I have missed out the acetates and
    tapes that have been circulated.Does anyone have lists of what these rare tracks are and if they are available.I figure that I have around 95% of what`s been released.

Yes, I have created The Complete Motown Software Vol 1 [[1959-79) Over the last 13 years I have collected all the information on Motown labels [[60+), artists [[624), albums, tracklisting and recordings. Put them all in one place. The software is over 250mb when installed. But shows every Album cover, every label and variation of that labels design. Even the obscure labels that Motown distributed. This was just released 15Nov and preparing to go to mastering and duplication. Site going up shortly. But taking orders for lots of 15/25/100 DVD's for weekenders and Motown venues. The lots are sold at wholesale price vs ordering from [[forthcoming) website.

Since there is no music in it it runs fast! No more searching the web for hours. Below is some of the screenshots from the program. Comments can be sent to me here or direct. Mayosoftware@gmail.com

Additional view can be seen at: http://users11.jabry.com/Mayosoftware/ or the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/262023050506802/

Last edited by KegtapperII; 11-16-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: images were too large

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I`m one and wish to have all the music ones on cd.I`m not interested in spoken word or ones like the Abbey Tavern Singers.Not living in the UK.I have missed out the acetates and
    tapes that have been circulated.Does anyone have lists of what these rare tracks are and if they are available.I figure that I have around 95% of what`s been released.
    Considering the number of releases- it's a lifetime job! Just getting 98% of the information took 13 years. I had to put my hand on a single or LP to verify that it exists. Many times I just was spinning my wheels. Flea Markets, basements, thrift shops etc,,,

Well done Kegtapper, You`ve certainly done your homework and I`m looking forward to checking it out.I`ve put together a printed and illustrated catalogue 1959-71 containing all US, Foreign & related singles incl. picture sleeves, Eps,US. albums with tracks & recording details incl. unreleased albums.Plus my collections of unreleased tracks and videos.It`s taken me about 8 years and I only play classic Motown for pleasure.Talk about obsession.
    The released tracks I`m missing are odds and sods like Amos Milburns "Money" and extremely rare gospel songs.

I use to be back in my record collecting days. I have most of the vinyl albums released from the 60's through the mid 80's roughly with about 95% of them or higher being the original commercial release. I never really collected the CD versions.

Thanks Merv2 I collected original albums too but because I live in New Zealand very few Lps were released here so I had to purchase them second hand through Goldmine at great expence.As so many had minor crackles etc. I was happy when cds came along especially as so much rare and unreleased material became available.I`ve had most of the unreleased on cd albums transferred to cd and I`m glad too.
    I`ll try and post a few pages on this site later as I`m a idiot when it comes to any computor skills.

Thanks Merv2 I collected original albums too but because I live in New Zealand very few Lps were released here so I had to purchase them second hand through Goldmine at great expence.As so many had minor crackles etc. I was happy when cds came along especially as so much rare and unreleased material became available.I`ve had most of the unreleased on cd albums transferred to cd and I`m glad too.
    I`ll try and post a few pages on this site later as I`m a idiot when it comes to any computor skills.
    Roger, you are in New Zealand? Wow! I know what you mean. Goldmine was a great resource for me also. It was like the Bible of record collecting in the 70's - 90's well before we could buy from say Ebay. I used it mostly to scout out good used record stores and Record Shows around my area and areas where I would be traveling in the those days. As far as computor skills, let's just say we are all still learning! LOL!

Cheers Marv, I used to get GM. passed on by a friend as it was really expensive here by airmail.My orders would be sent surface mail as airmail was over the top.I only ever had one breakage which was "Modern innovations On C & W Themes" by Ralph Sharon.If you have it does it feature the Funk Bros. backings? I just love James Jamerson. If I`m feeling blue I put on a track with one of his dynamite lines and I have to smile. Regards Roger.

I have that Ralph Sharon lp. Dreadful is the best way to describe it. What connection did he have with Motown in 1963? Bizarre stuff. Kinda like Red Jones Striiiiikes back. One of the unfunniest comedy lps I ever heard

Hi Bayou Motown Man, I take it that the Funks aren`t doing the backing then. I never played Red Jones when I owned it. I bought it as it was on Motown. I even had the Ding Dongs which I didn`t play either.

Cheers Marv, I used to get GM. passed on by a friend as it was really expensive here by airmail.My orders would be sent surface mail as airmail was over the top.I only ever had one breakage which was "Modern innovations On C & W Themes" by Ralph Sharon.If you have it does it feature the Funk Bros. backings? I just love James Jamerson. If I`m feeling blue I put on a track with one of his dynamite lines and I have to smile. Regards Roger.
    This is one I do not have I can promise you. I have heard of it . I did have one or two albums shipped that were broken by the time they arrived. Luckily in both cases they came from a far off used record store that advertised in GM and they either gave me a refund or a replacement album. I remember the "Marvin Gaye Live Onstage" came with a chip in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I have that Ralph Sharon lp. Dreadful is the best way to describe it. What connection did he have with Motown in 1963? Bizarre stuff. Kinda like Red Jones Striiiiikes back. One of the unfunniest comedy lps I ever heard
    Bayou: I had often wondered about that. If some of the stories were true about Berry, and how some strange musicians, comedians etc wound up on his labels. Gaylord and Holiday? A strange comedy on Natural Resources NR 6001 [[45) & NR-108 [[LP) And the strange coincidence of changing their Italian names just before their record is issued.

Almost ready to 'Go Live' [[getting the website started). Wanting to make this item available for the holidays and in time to reach UK/EU/OZ in time for their NorthernSoul events.
    A couple hundred more singles images added.
    Splash screen changed
    Additional label designs added. [[some of them had 10 or 11 designs)
    Most of the minor labels has all their single images. Harvey, TriPhi etc...

Something to look forward to Kegtapper, keep us posted.