[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yep; and I didnt know about Jay and Wilson and Anita--what did they say?
    Anita Ward and her husband thought that it was unfair but that Mary should have just took the money and ran. . Jay Leno did an almost nightly monologue with a skit poking fun of Diana Ross's "Return to Love Tour". Wilson Pickett, after calling Diana the ugliest woman he had ever seen [[then said she became a beautiful woman later in life....) said that Mary should take the money, but do as little as possible LOL! There were lots people commenting. It was such a big story here in New York that KISS-FM held a special 2 hour call in program the day the Grand Central Station press conference. I have never seen anything like that.

I was making a long trip and heard people calling in-I guess it was KISS-and people were not happy about this RTL. It shows the imapact of the Supremes that regular people taking time to call a radio station to express their displeasure.

I was making a long trip and heard people calling in-I guess it was KISS-and people were not happy about this RTL. It shows the imapact of the Supremes that regular people taking time to call a radio station to express their displeasure.
    Add to that the anchors of all three major New York City television stations voicing their opinions. The anchors on channels 2,4 and 7 went off [[as much as they could get away with, hehehehehe) giving their displeasure over the announcement of who was going to be a part of that tour. I think it was channel 4 that went directly to Mary's apartment to interview her immediately LOL!!!!

I'm glad Patti is looking out for Cindy, especially since there's never been a Bluebell reunion tour. And the Bluebelles were before Labelle. There would have been no Labelle had there been no Bluebelles.

And Patti didn't even want the Labelle that was presented to the public. If she had her way, there would have been no LADY MARMALADE or no wild outfits. But there still would have been a Bluebelles.

I'm curious as to why Cindy has never been asked to perform with them? Patti has performed and recorded numerous times with Nona and Sarah since Labelle ended. But not once with Cindy. Strange.

Reportedly Nona never fully forgave Cindy. Patti did when she wrote her book and talked to Cindy. They did sing together for R and B induction. Oh how I wish there was a tape of that!!

And one must keep in mind, Marv, of all the tv and radio personalities, other celebrities, not ONE came down on Diana's side, except maybe Oprah. But Oprah is her lapdog, and everyone knows that.

Reportedly Nona never fully forgave Cindy. Patti did when she wrote her book and talked to Cindy. They did sing together for R and B induction. Oh how I wish there was a tape of that!!
    They showed a clip of the R&B induction during one of Patti's OPRAH appearances.

When Labelle had their reunion concert at the Beacon, I asked why they weren't doing any Bluebelles material. Patti started singing DOWN THE AISLE, and Sarah commented that during their next NYC appearance, maybe they would have Cindy with them. It didn't happen, but it would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    And one must keep in mind, Marv, of all the tv and radio personalities, other celebrities, not ONE came down on Diana's side, except maybe Oprah. But Oprah is her lapdog, and everyone knows that.

Flo Anthony, Sam Moore and Gene Simmons did.

Quote Originally Posted by simplysupreme View Post
    But Gene Simmons fucked her, so what would you expect? Where did Sam Moore say this? Flo Anthony I can't figure out, didn't she write the foreward to Tony Turner's book?

Oprah made herself look totally ridiculous during that time for someone that supposedly has her finger on the pulse of the American public. She tried to make out like it was all no big deal, when we all knew that it was! LOL! Even after promoting the tour on her show, it tanked and was cancelled! She should have learned something from that.

I highly doubt Flo Anthony [[who most people don't even know) came down on the wrong side and you have to show me where Sam Moore did because he and Mary have a very good relationship. Gene Simmons? Who he? LOL! Sorry I mean any man that gets on television, sticks out his tongue and then brags about sleeping with upwards of 4,000 woman is not someone that generally is respected.
    Last edited by marv2; 11-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.

But Gene Simmons fucked her, so what would you expect? Where did Sam Moore say this? Flo Anthony I can't figure out, didn't she write the foreward to Tony Turner's book?

Exactly Jill! I cannot believe Sam Moore sided with Ross and Flo Anthony claims to be such a good , good friend to Mary and her family. But Gene Simmons? Give me a break!

Predictable. Flo Anthony is more well known than the New York DJs you referenced earlier. She said she saw nothing wrong with Diana touring with Lynda and Scherrie as they were Supremes. Sam Moore said Mary should have kept her mouth shut, took the offer and ran to the bank before the ink dried on the check. Gene pretty much said the same thing. Luther obviously didn't have a problem either as he attended 2 shows.

Even Mary's fan club pres., at the time, Carl was in the audience at the Oprah taping.

Predictable. Flo Anthony is more well known than the New York DJs you referenced earlier. She said she saw nothing wrong with Diana touring with Lynda and Scherrie as they were Supremes. Sam Moore said Mary should have kept her mouth shut, took the offer and ran to the bank before the ink dried on the check. Gene pretty much said the same thing. Luther obviously didn't have a problem either as he attended 2 shows.

Show me where I reference ONE New York City DJ or Television News Anchor by name? If that is all Flo Anthony said, then I would hardly call it an endorsement. All those old timers like Sam Moore that have known Mary and the others for years said somthing similiar to what you are stating . Didn't you read my earlier post? They know how hard it's been on the road.

I was just about to say name one celebrity that attended the Return to Love Concert OTHER THAN Luther Vandross? The reason I was going to exclude him because he was at Mary Wilson's concert in New York that same summer. I saw him there.

Flo Anthony has always seemed like a lapdog to me- of the rich and famous--Jacksons, Whitney etc She comes across like their spokesperson and advocate-not an objective journalist if thats what she is supposed to be.

Flo Anthony has always seemed like a lapdog to me- of the rich and famous--Jacksons, Whitney etc She comes across like their spokesperson and advocate-not an objective journalist if thats what she is supposed to be.
    Yet if Flo Anthony had backed Mary Wilson you'd be singing her praises.

Even Mary's fan club pres., at the time, Carl was in the audience at the Oprah taping.
    and the audience froze and the cameras swung towards Carl Feuerbacher when he walked in? Give me a break, he was there because of Scherrie Payne. Don't make me say much more than that, hehehehehehehehe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You know it!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    and the audience froze and the cameras swung towards Carl Feuerbacher when he walked in? Give me a break, he was there because of Scherrie Payne. Don't make me say much more than that, hehehehehehehehe!!!!
    Whatever the reason, he was there.

I will sing her praises now. Back in January of 1994 when Mary had that tragic accident and her son Rafael passed away, Flo Anthony went on the air, on ET and BET to give reports on Mary's condition and how she was traveling to Vegas as they were preparing for her daughters wedding at the time before the accident. I still have the video clips. Flo Anthony has always backed Mary Wilson in print and through electronic media.

Whatever the reason, he was there.

I am happy that after all these years, that is all you know about it! LOL!!!!

That is exactly how she comes across. She does that with Mary. During the time of the accident, she came across as the Wilson-Ferrer Family spokesperson on television.

So what if he was there[[I thought he had stepped down from fan club). Mary said "Let her have her tour"-she never discouraged people from going.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am happy that after all these years, that is all you know about it! LOL!!!!
    That's all I need to know. Obviously, whatever loyalty he had for Mary didn't keep him from going to the taping.

Marv-does she contact these people or just go on tv and acts like she knows it all? Who employs her?

So what if he was there[[I thought he had stepped down from fan club). Mary said "Let her have her tour"-she never discouraged people from going.
    And I say the same to you, while you quote Anita Ward. So what about whatever it is you say she said?

Exactly! I stood right next to Mary and heard her say to a group of people here on Long Island when someone said "we are not going to see that tour", Mary said "Y'all do whatever y'all want to do......."

There was so much going on at that time as I recall. Ticket sales were so poor for Jones Beach here on Long Island that they cancelled the concert and then the tour directly after that.

That's all I need to know. Obviously, whatever loyalty he had for Mary didn't keep him from going to the taping.
    Do yourself a favor and stick him on ignore simplysupreme. The way he drones on you would think he was the RTL wardrobe mistress, SFX Negotiator, publicist and spokesperson for both Mary and Diane. LOL

Marv-does she contact these people or just go on tv and acts like she knows it all? Who employs her?
    I think she is more like Rona Barrett. She has had some contact with these people at different times, but I highly doubt she was in direct contact with Mary at that time. Hell, half of Detroit it seems flew out to LA immediately following that accident so there is no way Flo Anthony could have even gotten anywhere near Mary to speak to her. I don't know who employs her. She was associated with a publication called "Sister2Sister" at one time I recall.

Nona needs to get over it. But she managed to carve out a somewhat successful career, so she does have a leg to stand on, unlike others who shall not be mentioned.

The bottom line is Patti has no business lecturing on how they should tour when she can't even get her three girls together in the same room.

Mary has so much grace and dignity then-almost too much considering all that went down. She told people at BB Kings to stop yelling "Diana who" at Marys show when she brought the house down-and she affimred Flo AND Diana.

Do yourself a favor and stick him on ignore simplysupreme. The way he drones on you would think he was the RTL wardrobe mistress, SFX Negotiator, publicist and spokesperson for both Mary and Diane. LOL
    LOL! He and that sidekick of his are a riot!

And I say the same to you, while you quote Anita Ward. So what about whatever it is you say she said?
    Let's just agree that the majority of people that even heard of the "Return to Love" did not want to see it. It could have been only because of high ticket prices as some want to accept to ease their troubled minds over it, LOL!!!!

Ok then........hehehehehehe......!

LOL! He and that sidekick of his are a riot!
    LOL. You mean Lady Looky.

LOL. You mean Lady Looky.
    LOL! Talk about troubled minds.

You wished Clucketta. But I do know a lot about what really happened. Unfortunately, I am not sure if the statute of limitations has ran out yet or I would say more......... LOL!!!!!

I was paying whatever price the tickets were until I heard Mary and Cindy were out. Then I did not buy tickets. Hmmm-ok I guess Im only one!!lolol

Quote Originally Posted by thaperson View Post
    Nona needs to get over it. But she managed to carve out a somewhat successful career, so she does have a leg to stand on, unlike others who shall not be mentioned.

The bottom line is Patti has no business lecturing on how they should tour when she can't even get her three girls together in the same room.
    But techinically Patti was right, it should have been Diana, Mary and Cindy on that tour. Wouldn't you agree?

LOL! Talk about troubled minds.
    And wannabe Supremes. LOL

I was paying whatever price the tickets were until I heard Mary and Cindy were out. Then I did not buy tickets. Hmmm-ok I guess Im only one!!lolol
    You're SO comical! hehehehehe

Mary has so much grace and dignity then-almost too much considering all that went down. She told people at BB Kings to stop yelling "Diana who" at Marys show when she brought the house down-and she affimred Flo AND Diana.
    I agree. She is a special lady.

I think a lot people felt like that Luke. I also know that a lot of people didn't even go as far as checking ticket prices once they heard who was going to be in the lineup! LOL!!!

You're SO comical! hehehehehe
    She's the Phyllis Diller of Soulful Detroit that one.

Quote Originally Posted by roberta75 View Post
    she's the phyllis diller of soulful detroit that one.
    lol lol lol

Mary's grace and dignity, now that Luke brags on it so............is on display in this interview from 2 minutes to 3 minutes; even many long time Mary fans say she did not come off well here.

It wasn't a happy time for Supremes fans; only the bitter like to rehash it........."bitter", a word we hear Barbara Walters using several times to describe Ms. Wilson.

I don't pick sides when it comes to RTL...because I went to see the show myself. BUT, I think to do any Supremes-type show/celebration without Mary and Cindy is naive. It was a great show, but I really don't know what Diana was thinking.

To me, Diana came off as somewhat bitchy in the 20/20 interview. "She's been singing MY songs. I'M THE ONE who's had the solo career for 30 years." Give me a break. lol.
    Last edited by carlo; 11-17-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I don't pick sides when it comes to RTL...because I went to see the show myself. BUT, I think to do any Supremes-type show/celebration without Mary and Cindy is naive. It was a great show, but I really don't know what Diana was thinking.

To me, Diana came off as somewhat bitchy in the 20/20 interview as well. "She's been singing MY songs. I'M THE ONE who's had the solo career for 30 years." Give me a break. lol.
    If you want my opinion Mary came across as bitter during her interview on 20/20 and Diana came across as spoiled and done with Mary on the Barbara Walters interview the next night. Mary and Cindy should have been on the tour but did SFX or Diana pull the plug on them? I have no idea and I don't think anyone does but Mary, Diana and SFX. I have to say I do believe Diana when she said she deliberately stayed out of the negotiation between Mary and SFX. When negotiations broke down Diana should have gone on and did a solo tour. That said I was fortunate enough to see the MSG RTL concert and thought is was a fantastic show with Diana on top of her game.

Both ladies acted badly during this time and both ladies deserve equal amounts of blame. The only one that remained a true lady was Cindy Birdsong and sadly she's the one that could have used the money most but Cindy has God in her life so she's spiritually richer than all former Supremes.

It was a stain on the Supremes legacy during the year 2000 but 11 years later i doubt the average Joe or Jane could tell you what RTL even stands for and more than likely has no idea that there was a Supremes reunion in 2000 that ended badly. it's only a small core group of fans that harp on and on about it and can't seem to move on, which is odd as Mary and Diana have both moved on.

Anyway, this is my very last posting on this tired subject that has been beaten to death.

Moving on.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 11-17-2011 at 11:48 PM.

The only one that remained a true lady was Cindy Birdsong and sadly she's the one that could have used the money most but Cindy has God in her life so she's spiritually richer than all former Supremes.
    Well said.