[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Somebody get Ms. Labelle into some Anger Management Classes!

Looks like Patti Labelle is a bi-polar bitch who need some serious counseling and meds.

I Wonder Why She is so Unhappy?

NEW YORK [[AP) — R&B diva Patti LaBelle hurled curses — and half a bottle of water — at a woman and her 18-month-old daughter after a dust-up over parenting in an apartment building lobby, according to a lawsuit filed Monday and the family's lawyer.

LaBelle's publicists and lawyer didn't immediately respond to Kevin and Roseanna Monk's lawsuit.

The couple live in a Manhattan building where the Grammy Award-winning singer stayed for a time while appearing in the Broadway musical "Fela!" last year, said the Monks' lawyer, Samuel L. Davis.

He said LaBelle chastised Roseanna Monk for letting the toddler take some steps away from the mother as she grappled with some luggage and a car seat in the building's lobby on the afternoon of Nov. 11, 2010. After Monk scooped up the child and told LaBelle it was none of her business, the singer threw water on them from a bottle she was carrying and then launched into an obscenity-filled tirade, he said.

When the child started wailing, Roseanna Monk made a remark to LaBelle, and the singer charged at her and tried to hit her, Davis said.

The Monks filed a complaint with police; no arrests were made.

The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages, comes five months after a U.S. Military Academy cadet sued LaBelle over a Houston airport scuffle with her bodyguards. He said they attacked him for no reason in March 2010. She countersued the cadet, saying he tried to get into her limousine and was drunk and using racial slurs, which he denied.

Davis said Roseanna Monk had asked LaBelle for an apology and a donation to a children's cancer charity but was rebuffed. The Monks feel "someone's got to teach her even a diva can't attack and frighten and assault regular people in the building," their lawyer said.

LaBelle's singing career has spanned more than four decades, two Grammys and several hits, including the 1974 disco smash "Lady Marmalade."

___

Follow Jennifer Peltz at http://twitter.com/jennpeltz

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    NEW YORK [[AP) — R&B diva Patti LaBelle hurled curses — and half a bottle of water — at a woman and her 18-month-old daughter after a dust-up over parenting in an apartment building lobby, according to a lawsuit filed Monday and the family's lawyer.

LaBelle's publicists and lawyer didn't immediately respond to Kevin and Roseanna Monk's lawsuit.

The couple live in a Manhattan building where the Grammy Award-winning singer stayed for a time while appearing in the Broadway musical "Fela!" last year, said the Monks' lawyer, Samuel L. Davis.

He said LaBelle chastised Roseanna Monk for letting the toddler take some steps away from the mother as she grappled with some luggage and a car seat in the building's lobby on the afternoon of Nov. 11, 2010. After Monk scooped up the child and told LaBelle it was none of her business, the singer threw water on them from a bottle she was carrying and then launched into an obscenity-filled tirade, he said.

When the child started wailing, Roseanna Monk made a remark to LaBelle, and the singer charged at her and tried to hit her, Davis said.

The Monks filed a complaint with police; no arrests were made.

The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages, comes five months after a U.S. Military Academy cadet sued LaBelle over a Houston airport scuffle with her bodyguards. He said they attacked him for no reason in March 2010. She countersued the cadet, saying he tried to get into her limousine and was drunk and using racial slurs, which he denied.

Davis said Roseanna Monk had asked LaBelle for an apology and a donation to a children's cancer charity but was rebuffed. The Monks feel "someone's got to teach her even a diva can't attack and frighten and assault regular people in the building," their lawyer said.

LaBelle's singing career has spanned more than four decades, two Grammys and several hits, including the 1974 disco smash "Lady Marmalade."

Follow Jennifer Peltz at http://twitter.com/jennpeltz

Patti Labelle needs to get some therapy before she really harms someone. What type of woman hurls water at a baby at tries to hit the mother in front of the child. Patti has major issues.

I suspect she is ill...maybe her diabetes may be at the root of all this?

Best,

Mark

I think you could be right Mark.

I still don't think that excuses her behavior.

This makes me real sad. What is going on?

I just saw Patti in concert a couple of weeks ago. She seemed like she wasn't 100% there. Something was not right. It was a great show, but she looked a little stressed and tired.

This is not cool. I tried to stand by her and tried to defend her after the news of first lawsuit hit...but now there's a second one. Obviously there's a repeating pattern here. I will always like her music, but I can no longer respect her as a person. She's hurting on the inside. I pray that she can get help and can make a change.
    Last edited by carlo; 11-15-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Just goes to show that most of the artists I once loved and respected are monstrous divas on huge ego trips. Whitney won't do up her seat belt on an airplane, is rude to her fans and smoked away her voice. Dionne Warwick called someone a hussy and belittled a deaf woman on national television. Patti LaBelle throws tantrums, disrespects her fans and assaults people. What the heck?

Major success = Guaranteed insanity.

Maybe Patti just needs to get a New Attitude !

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    lol! No kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Just goes to show that most of the artists I once loved and respected are monstrous divas on huge ego trips. Whitney won't do up her seat belt on an airplane, is rude to her fans and smoked away her voice. Dionne Warwick called someone a hussy and belittled a deaf woman on national television. Patti LaBelle throws tantrums, disrespects her fans and assaults people. What the heck?

Major success = Guaranteed insanity.
    It's tough when your divas behave badly. It's really hard to listen to the beautiful music without thinking how nasty the person can be. But there are plenty who DO have great reputations, and one can enjoy COMPLETELY, the music and the person. Olivia Newton John, Julie Andrews, Dolly Parton, Marie Osmond, Carol Burnett, Telma and Joyce, etc...

You're right, Jill. Fortunately there are other divas I love who have had very little or no bad press/negative stories: Tina Turner, Gladys Knight, Chaka Khan and Donna Summer. I know there was that story that came out years ago about Donna being homophobic, but I don't believe it's true. She denies it too.

Oh, and let's not forget Natalie Cole.. tons of personal demons, but she's nice to people.

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    I suspect she is ill...maybe her diabetes may be at the root of all this?

Best,

Mark
    I'm sorry but that doesn't excuse throwing water on a child, using foul language and attempting to hit the child's mother while the child is in the mother's arms.

Patti Labelle needs anger management classes and she needs them now.

Roberta

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Looks like Patti Labelle is a bi-polar bitch who need some serious counseling and meds.

Yes, she need a new attitude. SOMEONE had to say it!!!

Unbelievable. Patti was once very nice but now...

You know a couple of years ago Patti stormed off a stage [[Florida maybe?) because some guy in the front row didn't appear to be enjoying her show to her satisfaction--and then she stormed back on, took her wig off, and threw it at the guy. Everybody was shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    I have a knack for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    Then I'm glad I did

But it sounds so out of character for her. On interviews on TV, she always seemed so down to earth. She may be suffering from some medical problem that we do not know about.

Well.... Milven, from what I've heard from various sources, "Down home Patti" is pretty much an act, and real Patti is nothing like that.

Patti has fooled a lot of people with her "real" down to earth persona. Its all fake. I have heard numerous stories about her acting this way. She has been acting this way for years and now its all starting to surface. I'm sure she will "blame" it on medication or some illness. I find it odd that people are looking for excuses. There is NO excuse for acting this way. NONE. Assaulting a mother and her child??? I won't excuse this, but at the same time, I will wait for more info before I condemn her.

Patti, in the 80's, was very nice--in fact she cooked me dinner once. I'm not sure what is going on with her and I don't care either. It's one thing to have an occasional attitude or bad day, but attacking people is beyond the pale. I am done with her.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post

You know a couple of years ago Patti stormed off a stage [[Florida maybe?) because some guy in the front row didn't appear to be enjoying her show to her satisfaction--and then she stormed back on, took her wig off, and threw it at the guy. Everybody was shocked.
    I've been hearing a lot of similar stories from fans lately. I remember seeing that video on Youtube a few years ago where she invited one of her fans onstage to sing Lady Marmalade with her and she chewed him out and kicked him off the stage. She seemed to have some remorse afterwards, because she invited him back up, but she crossed the line...

I remember that. He made some sort of remark that Patti construed, or misconstrued, what he said. To me, the guy seemed taken aback by Patti's temper, so I'm thinking she either misinterpreted what he said or he was just kidding and she took it seriously. Who knows. In the 90's a woman sued Patti after she was hit in the head by one of Patti's shoes--Patti said she was just doing her rolling-on-the-floor thing where she kicks off her shoes and the shoe just happened to hit the girl. Others at the show felt Patti did it on purpose [[I wasn't there nor have I seen a clip so I will leave this one open to debate).

But it sounds so out of character for her. On interviews on TV, she always seemed so down to earth. She may be suffering from some medical problem that we do not know about.
    It's called acting.

Roberta

Well I'll be blessed lol yeah Patti's got some problems.

What appalling language to use in front of a child and to lunge towards a woman holding a baby is despicable. Miss Labelle is no lady that's for sure.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 11-15-2011 at 03:31 PM.

you can say that again.

It says, "The suit seeks unspecified damages, but the family’s lawyer, Sam Davis, said he took the case for free and that the family plans to donate any money it gets to a children’s cancer charity."

This makes it clear that this is not a case of someone making up a story just to get money. They want justice.

I would imagine there's a security camera in the hallway that has it all on tape. The last incident is on tape.

The Judge: "Ms. Monk, you claim that Ms. LaBelle assaulted you and your daughter with a few drops of water from a Poland Springs bottle, is that correct?"

Ms Monk: "Yes your Honor"

The Judge: " Would say it was more or less water used in a typical Christening?"

Ms. Monk: " About the same amount your honor"

The Judge:" Uh Huh", "What else did Ms. LaBelle do to you?"

Ms. Monk: "For 45 consecutive seconds, Ms. LaBelle cursed me out! Just because I told her to mind her own damned business........"

The Judge: " I see....." "Is that it? Is that all?"

Ms. Monk: "Oh and she made my daughter vomit and poop her pants by her actions..."

The Judge: "Ms. Monk, based on the facts as you explained them, I will award you $2.15 the average cost to wash and dry your daughters pants...nothing more. Now get the F*^K outta my courtroom with this nonsense!"

LOL!!!!

Marv.... the suit said that Patti came at her. Now, the water thing is no big deal, other than it being incredibly childish. But if someone starts coming at you, that's a different story. I want to put Maxine Powell in the same room with down Home Patti, she will straighten little miss high and mighty OUT! Damn Skippy!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The Judge: "Ms. Monk, you claim that Ms. LaBelle assaulted you and your daughter with a few drops of water from a Poland Springs bottle, is that correct?"

Ms Monk: "Yes your Honor"

The Judge: " Would say it was more or less water used in a typical Christening?"

Ms. Monk: " About the same amount your honor"

The Judge:" Uh Huh", "What else did Ms. LaBelle do to you?"

Ms. Monk: "For 45 consecutive seconds, Ms. LaBelle cursed me out! Just because I told her to mind her own damned business........"

The Judge: " I see....." "Is that it? Is that all?"

Ms. Monk: "Oh and she made my daughter vomit and poop her pants by her actions..."

The Judge: "Ms. Monk, based on the facts as you explained them, I will award you $2.15 the average cost to wash and dry your daughters pants...nothing more. Now get the F*^K outta my courtroom with this nonsense!"

LOL!!!!
    *Dead* this post made my day LMAO!

Throwing water in someone's face is considered assault.

Like I said, this family is not trying to get money. That says it all.

Like I said, this family is not trying to get money. That says it all.
    It's not even the throwing of water. Patti Labelle lunged for a woman holding a baby and if her "handlers" hadn't of pulled her back she may have seriously hurt the woman and possibly the baby she was holding.

I have to agree with you Carlo regarding the money. It's very telling that the woman is going to donate all monetary damages to a Children's cancer charity.

Roberta

Didn't her attorney say he would've done this for free?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Didn't her attorney say he would've done this for free?
    You are correct midnightman. According to the news reports, the attorney is working pro bono.

"The suit seeks unspecified damages, but the family’s lawyer, Sam Davis, said he took the case for free and that the family plans to donate any money it gets to a children’s cancer charity"

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You are correct midnightman. According to the news reports, the attorney is working pro bono.

"The suit seeks unspecified damages, but the family’s lawyer, Sam Davis, said he took the case for free and that the family plans to donate any money it gets to a children’s cancer charity"

Roberta
    There will be no money, because there are no damages! This is merely another case of " hey guess what everybody, I had a run-in with a well known celebrity....!"

They are trying to create a case or some vehicle to get money out of this little nothing incident.

Money to go to charity. But let us remember we may not know all the facts yet. We havent heard Patti's side of it.

If this was any other celebrity, I would give them the benefit of a doubt. But Patti has had a history of taking out her anger on others. Other fans have witnessed this.

This family who is suing Patti LaBelle has nothing to gain, so it makes their story that much more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Money to go to charity. But let us remember we may not know all the facts yet. We havent heard Patti's side of it.
    Exactly! I bet Ms. Monk said more than she is admitting to during the exchange.

If this was any other celebrity, I would give them the benefit of a doubt. But Patti has had a history of taking out her anger on others. Other fans have witnessed this.

This family who is suing Patti LaBelle has nothing to gain, so it makes their story that much more believable.
    Carlo, how different would this story have been if Ms. Monk had responded...." Ms. LaBelle, do you mind holding my little girl for just a moment? I'd really appreciated it" vs "Why don't you mind your own damned business"? Had Ms. Monk taken the first approach, she made have made herself a new friend.........

Marv, I have always been a diehard Patti fan. But this is where I draw the line. If this is how the story went down, then I cannot defend her. Her behaviour is unacceptable. If you're a famous person, you are that much more accountable for your actions. If I had done something like this in my workplace, I would have been arrested.

Also...Patti could have simply responded to the note that was forwarded to her by the family and she could have apologized. It would have avoided this entire ordeal. One of the articles say:

"My clients will feel good about any outcome that holds [[Patti) responsible for her actions," he added. "Just because you have an entourage and bodyguards doesn't mean you can scream and throw water in people's faces."

Really? I find that kind of bizarre. I wonder if farting in someone's face is assault as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Really? I find that kind of bizarre. I wonder if farting in someone's face is assault as well?
    What about someone with extremely bad breathe getting in your face?

Im still surprised that there is a rush to judgement when we have yet to hear Ms Labelle's side of things.

Right out of the box I'm going to say that I like Patti. I've photographed her & been in a few intimate settings with her where she's been away from the cameras & one-on-one with her fans & have always seen her behave graciously. Now if someone were to come at her funny, Patti's not going to take that.

My only issue with this is the seeming leap to conclusions being drawn here.

What we have so far is one woman who's given her side of the story & nothing from Patti in response. Given the fact that there are cameras just about everywhere, including people's bathrooms [[without their knowledge nor consent), Id like to see if there's any additional info before jumping on Patti here.

Anyway, if Patti did what she has been accused of then obviously she was wrong & that's that. HOWEVER, I have MAJOR issues with the "Lawyerese", so to speak & to me, this bullshit only serves to make this appear to be somewhat trumped-up & it's directly related to the child & appears to be a ploy to appeal to the child-lover in all of us.

Because Patti threw water in this woman's face & screamed and/or lunged at her, some remarkable things happened. I can understand the child being a bit scared & I'll take a quantum leap & give them the vomiting thing because fear makes that a possibility. But where they lose much of their credibility with me can be found with their trauma" statement, which is so ridiculous to me, that it's just, well...ridiculous...

Now my grandson is exactly 18 months-old & I can't imagine the episode as described being so traumatizing to him that he would be reduced to suffering with...

A. "personality changes"
    B. "sleep disorder"
    C. "increased fear of strangers" [[increased fear as compared to what???)

One incident in which no one was slapped, kicked, punched, chased by a car, shot at, had a gun or knife drawn, nor My Little Elmo was stolen reduced an EIGHTEEN MONTH OLD to the brink of insomnia, nervous breakdown & the heartbreak of psoriasis?

Sorry, but I'm not buying that.

Had they simply left it at an attempted assault or an unnecessary over-reaction by Patti, that, I could buy. But in my opinion, the ONLY REASON why this child & her new-found personality errrr..."DISORDERS" is even being mentioned is for the purposes of the suit & citing damages tends to bring about a larger monetary settlement, either for their charity, or with Christmas & the holidays being so close, perhaps some may find it's way toward the purchase of anew My Little Pony, if only to ease the trauma of this incident that 99% of 18 month-old infants would've long since forgotten after the passage of 15 minutes or so. The majority of infants are very resilient that way & once their parents pick them up, give them a hug & a kiss, they're off, running to play somewhere.

I live around & am around a whole bunch of kids daily & sorry, but this part of the story just doesn't pass the sniff test. Even if Patti had done what she is accused of, some of this just sounds like some trumped-up b.s. to me. And if this incident of a year ago is so traumatic that it's totally rocked this infant's world, then her parents have got bigger things than water to worry about once their child gets out there with other kids in pre-school.

And as I read my paper & watch the news & see infants whom deal with true & horrific tragedies, this should be the worst thing that an 18 month-old has to endure. I know of a few 18 month-olds or their families whom would pray for something such as this as opposed to the truly traumatic things that they must deal with.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 11-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Luke, it's really only the Past transgressions that is making us rush to judgement. Had this been virtually anyone else, people would have a more "wait and see" attitude. unless it was Whitney, and then we'd all think she was having a crack fit.