[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Why don't certain Supremes fans [they know who they are] realise that all their tedious infighting is doing is tarnishing the Supremes' memory? Such an outstanding group deserves to have left a better legacy.

I don't know who's fighting. All I am doing is stating facts!

atcsm Guest
    Just curious - do you dispute these "facts"?

Since the charts mean so much to a certain posters as the only benchmark of success, may I point out that our Lady of Parking Lots Shantel Baker has had a higher charting hit, Love Attack, on the R&B chart, than Mary Wilson had with her single Red Hot. Even Jean Terrell and Scherrie Payne had higher charting solo singles than Mary. Does this mean they are ultimately more important or successful than Mary or any other Supreme, no. I treat all the ladies on a level playing field. They are all talented wonderful individuals who deserve respect. They have all worked hard to maintain the legacy of the Supremes and keep the music alive, even if they didn't neccessarily find a way to regroup to work together in their original lineups to do so. It's this level of foolishness that "fans" and "haters" exhibit that gives the ladies plenty of reasons to stay home or solo. The internet may bring people together but it seems to give the Supremes plenty or reason to stay apart if they read some of the venom on the web. I can't say I would blame them.....
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    Just curious - do you dispute these "facts"?

Since the charts mean so much to a certain posters as the only benchmark of success, may I point out that our Lady of Parking Lots Shantel Baker has had a higher charting hit, Love Attack, on the R&B chart, than Mary Wilson had with her single Red Hot. Even Jean Terrell and Scherrie Payne had higher charting solo singles than Mary. Does this mean they are ultimately more important or successful than Mary or any other Supreme, no. I treat all the ladies on a level playing field. They are all talented wonderful individuals who deserve respect. They have all worked hard to maintain the legacy of the Supremes and keep the music alive, even if they didn't neccessarily find a way to regroup to work together in their original lineups to do so. It's this level of foolishness that "fans" and "haters" exhibit that gives the ladies plenty of reasons to stay home or solo. The internet may bring people together but it seems to give the Supremes plenty or reason to stay apart if they read some of the venom on the web. I can't say I would blame them.....
    I didn't read post...sorry. All I know is that there is too much going on in the World right to even be discussing Diane Ross who hasn't a hit in over 30 years. She is basically unknown to large segments of the American public now. Sit here and argue with yourself because you cannot argue with the facts!

atcsm Guest
    Grammy Lifetime Acheivement Award winner Miss Ross
    I didn't read post...sorry. All I know is that there is too much going on in the World right to even be discussing Diane Ross who hasn't a hit in over 30 years. She is basically unknown to large segments of the American public now. Sit here and argue with yourself because you cannot argue with the facts!

LOL, if there's so much going on in the world, then why do you come here and respond to EVERY post about Diana Ross on this forum?

I think Diana should do a Mariah Carey remake for you: "why you so obsessed with me? boy, I wanna know..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarchilehoneybaby View Post
    LOL, if there's so much going on in the world, then why do you come here and respond to EVERY post about Diana Ross on this forum?

I think Diana should do a Mariah Carey remake for you: "why you so obsessed with me? boy, I wanna know..."
    LOL. Too funny but so true Sugarchilehoneybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LOL. Too funny but so true Sugarchilehoneybaby.
    LOL, for real tho!

I didn't even mention you. Do you have a guilty conscience? As far as "facts" are concerned, sometimes perceptions are just as important.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I didn't even mention you. Do you have a guilty conscience? As far as "facts" are concerned, sometimes perceptions are just as important.
    Nah, I don't have a guilty conscience as I don't owe you anything. I did want to make it clear to anyone reading this OLD thread that Constantin bumped back up to the top! Someone on here talked about "venom", "haters" and all that B.S. I am only stating facts!... and in the words of Ray Parker Jr & Raydio......." and you can't change that!" LOL!

Nah, I don't have a guilty conscience as I don't owe you anything. I did want to make it clear to anyone reading this OLD thread that Constantin bumped back up to the top! Someone on here talked about "venom", "haters" and all that B.S. I am only stating facts!... and in the words of Ray Parker Jr & Raydio......." and you can't change that!" LOL!
    But you don't have facts. Others have posted the laundry list of charted hits on every chart except the Hot 100. And it's valid to do so, as we've demonstrated that Ross has seen ink in 4 separate albums genres and 3 different singles genres. For any R&B artist, it doesn't tell the whole story to just go by the Hot 100.

Besides, many of the fans in this forum appear to be from the UK and Europe, and Ross has had dozens of international hits - including several major hits - around the world since 1986. Matter of fact, her last Hot 100 US hit was the one that literally started a "chain reaction" around the world.

In the US, "If We Hold On Together" may not have been a Hot 100 hit [[although it is pretty well known, due to two generations of kids renting the Land Before Time), but in Japan, it's the 24th best-selling English-language single of all time. And "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" was a #2 hit - twice in two different versions - in the UK and Ireland.

This thread was started as "Diana Ross back in the UK charts." anyway. So what's the US got to do with it, Tina?

Finally - and this is really the bottom line [[oops, another pun!) - there is a consensus that Ross's 90s studio albums [[Force, Higher, and EDIAND) are 3 of the finest of her entire career. Regardless of the quality of her RCA output, these 3 albums [[along with high quality specialty projects like "Stolen Moments", "When You Dream", and "Very Special Season") contain great music, no matter what the chart positions were.

......she is not sounding too good today on stage.
    Marv, I don't know what you are talking about. I went to see her two years ago when she was started her Greatest Hits tour and I thought she sounded incredible! She was on fire. Even the guys sitting next to me said that was the best show they saw of hers. The theatre was packed and she had the audience in her hands. When she sang "Don't Explain," I was in complete awe. In fact, I got to give her flowers that night! Certainly one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Also, according to Pollstar she was listed in the Top 100 North American tours of 2010. It was #66 to be exact. For a lady who began her singing career over 50 years ago, that's pretty damn impressive. The only other people with careers that lasted 50 years that also made the list were Paul McCartney, Cher, Van Morrison, and Willie Nelson. To me, that's successful. I don't know why you want to downplay her success.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post

Marv, I don't know what you are talking about. I went to see her two years ago when she was started her Greatest Hits tour and I thought she sounded incredible! She was on fire. Even the guys sitting next to me said that was the best show they saw of hers. The theatre was packed and she had the audience in her hands. When she sang "Don't Explain," I was in complete awe. In fact, I got to give her flowers that night! Certainly one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Also, according to Pollstar she was listed in the Top 100 North American tours of 2010. It was #66 to be exact. For a lady who began her singing career over 50 years ago, that's pretty damn impressive. The only other people with careers that lasted 50 years that also made the list were Paul McCartney, Cher, Van Morrison, and Willie Nelson. To me, that's successful. I don't know why you want to downplay her success.
    I am going to show and tell you what I am talking about! I am NOT talking about 2 years ago. I AM talking about 2 weeks ago here in this clip. She sounds awful if you can focus on her vocals and not all that loud screaming done by the background singers. Also, she and that fat bald chick in the back need to go on diets......NOW!

Probably the Lifetime Achievement Grammy and the constant touring are sending him off the deep end; seems to be a reasonable explanation. Odd, but with the symptoms that present, it's what you expect.

Also, she and that fat bald chick in the back need to go on diets......NOW!
    Why do you always have this negativity toward Diana Ross? What did she ever do to you?

Also, she's 67 about to be 68 years old. Do you expect her to be rail thin all of her life?? I think she looks pretty damn good for her age. And I would watch what you say about those diet comments. I could easily tell you that Mary could use one herself if you expect people to be their best weight.

Why do you always have this negativity toward Diana Ross? What did she ever do to you?

Also, she's 67 about to be 68 years old. Do you expect her to be rail thin all of her life?? I think she looks pretty damn good for her age. And I would watch what you say about those diet comments. I could easily tell you that Mary could use one herself if you expect people to be their best weight.
    He can't help himself bradsupremes. He says he has no interest in Diane Ross yet constantly bashes her on a daily basis, knows her tour schedule and seems to check out all of her youtube clips.

Both Mary and Diana are heavier now but heck they are almost 68 years old. Most if not all of us all gain weight as we advance in years.

There's no other way to say it other than he's just not a nice person.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Probably the Lifetime Achievement Grammy and the constant touring are sending him off the deep end; seems to be a reasonable explanation. Odd, but with the symptoms that present, it's what you expect.
    I bet he's been pretty silent on Diana's upcoming "Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award."

Didn't he used to go and on and on that she'd never get one. LOL

Roberta

"Why do you always have this negativity toward Diana Ross? What did she ever do to you?"

Maybe you should not ask me questions about her if you don't like my responses. This is not "Diana Ross Forum", this is "Soulful Detroit Music Forum" so you should expect opposing views about her sometime!

I bet he's been pretty silent on Diana's upcoming "Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award."

Didn't he used to go and on and on that she'd never get one. LOL

Roberta
    That's just a "pity" award that "somebody" bought because she could never win one in competition! LOL!!! They are giving that to her, she did not win it.

Well, there is one sad part to Diana receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award. And that is, it pretty much seals the fate of the Supremes...........they won't get one now. And so the Grammys have sidestepped the minefield of who the Supremes are fortunately. And coming as it did when Universal compiled the singles and provided data on the numbers of songs where the Andantes overdubbed the Supremes, you can see in the posts of a couple of fans, that they needed a prescription to get over it all. How remarkable that the Supremes did this to people. And Mary has to post on her website to leave her and Diana out of it. Hard to have imagined it would come to that.

Also, she and that fat bald chick in the back need to go on diets......NOW!
    That's really rude.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    That's really rude.
    OK, I sorry............hehehehehehe!

dianesfan_1965 Guest

Bingo Brad. La Mervin is a bitter fucking asshole.

For Marv, From Mary.........B & W

Join Date Aug 2010
    Posts 2,531 jobeterob-

When "Someday" was released, I was just a twinkle in Daddy Brewster's eye.

To answer your question: being the foolish 12 year old I once was, I thought ALL of the backgrounds were the Supremes [[I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out which Supreme was Diana on the cover of the "Right On" LP.....).

Knowing what we do know, and having become more familiar with Mary's speaking and singing voice over the years, I know Mary Wilson is nowhere on that record.

But to me; does it really matter? Not really. Look, the music of Motown has brought so much happiness to me over the years. It mas made me laugh, made me cry, made me jump for joy. I know it's important to some to say oh, that's Marlene, that's Flo, that's Mary, that's not Mary, but to me, it's truly what's in the grooves that count.

I don't know why Mary and Cindy weren't included on some recordings: maybe it was a matter of cost, maybe it was a matter of logistics, maybe it was a matter of timing; I don't have the answers. But the image they gave; three beautiful, sparkling, fabulous goddesses weighs more than some ooh's and ahh's.

Speaking as a fan, I love Mary Wilson. I love Diana Ross. I am not obsessed with either. When I read the disgusting comments left by others geared towards either women, it pains me. It pains me because we have soldiers overseas losing their lives. We have 21 people still missing on a cruise ship that went awry. We have jobless parents and homeless children all over the United States that tonight will go to bed cold and hungry. And the best some people on this forum and others can do is call Diana Ross a drunk or Mary Wilson a bitch. It makes no sense to me. I can't imagine what has happened in their lives to make them so angry, and ugly. It makes no sense that so much time and energy can be so ill-directed. Maybe the world is filled with hateful, spiteful people. I guess I am fortunate that I don't surround myself with these people. I am fortunate that I have my health, a job, my family, a warm bed, my friends, and a little bit of money in my savings account. And because I have all of these things to be thankful for, I, in turn, am able to pay it forward. I write a check when I can. I volunteer as much as I can. I am trying to leave a footprint I can be proud of, because I believe this it IT for me. One time. One chance. I don't want to be remembered as the bitter betty that found perverse pleasure on picking on some senior citizens.

So here it is: when you call Diana Ross a drunk, remember that person in your own life that has struggled with addiction and made mistakes. Your Mom. Your sister. Your aunt. When you call Diana Ross that, you are calling all of them out. And when you call Mary Wilson a bitch, remember that person in your own life that has struggled with being abused and losing a child. Your best friend. Your cousin. Your niece. When you call Mary Wilson out, you are calling all of them out.

I used to get so angry while driving when someone would cut me off, or tail me going 100 miles an hour. But then, clear as day, it dawned on me: what if that person is in a rush to hear their spouses last breath. Or what if that person is in a rush to console their daughter who just had a miscarriage. Until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, where is the right to call anyone anything other than human?

Be well. That is all. Did that answer your question?

Join Date Aug 2010
    Posts 2,531 jobeterob-

When "Someday" was released, I was just a twinkle in Daddy Brewster's eye.

To answer your question: being the foolish 12 year old I once was, I thought ALL of the backgrounds were the Supremes [[I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out which Supreme was Diana on the cover of the "Right On" LP.....).

Knowing what we do know, and having become more familiar with Mary's speaking and singing voice over the years, I know Mary Wilson is nowhere on that record.

But to me; does it really matter? Not really. Look, the music of Motown has brought so much happiness to me over the years. It mas made me laugh, made me cry, made me jump for joy. I know it's important to some to say oh, that's Marlene, that's Flo, that's Mary, that's not Mary, but to me, it's truly what's in the grooves that count.

I don't know why Mary and Cindy weren't included on some recordings: maybe it was a matter of cost, maybe it was a matter of logistics, maybe it was a matter of timing; I don't have the answers. But the image they gave; three beautiful, sparkling, fabulous goddesses weighs more than some ooh's and ahh's.

Speaking as a fan, I love Mary Wilson. I love Diana Ross. I am not obsessed with either. When I read the disgusting comments left by others geared towards either women, it pains me. It pains me because we have soldiers overseas losing their lives. We have 21 people still missing on a cruise ship that went awry. We have jobless parents and homeless children all over the United States that tonight will go to bed cold and hungry. And the best some people on this forum and others can do is call Diana Ross a drunk or Mary Wilson a bitch. It makes no sense to me. I can't imagine what has happened in their lives to make them so angry, and ugly. It makes no sense that so much time and energy can be so ill-directed. Maybe the world is filled with hateful, spiteful people. I guess I am fortunate that I don't surround myself with these people. I am fortunate that I have my health, a job, my family, a warm bed, my friends, and a little bit of money in my savings account. And because I have all of these things to be thankful for, I, in turn, am able to pay it forward. I write a check when I can. I volunteer as much as I can. I am trying to leave a footprint I can be proud of, because I believe this it IT for me. One time. One chance. I don't want to be remembered as the bitter betty that found perverse pleasure on picking on some senior citizens.

So here it is: when you call Diana Ross a drunk, remember that person in your own life that has struggled with addiction and made mistakes. Your Mom. Your sister. Your aunt. When you call Diana Ross that, you are calling all of them out. And when you call Mary Wilson a bitch, remember that person in your own life that has struggled with being abused and losing a child. Your best friend. Your cousin. Your niece. When you call Mary Wilson out, you are calling all of them out.

I used to get so angry while driving when someone would cut me off, or tail me going 100 miles an hour. But then, clear as day, it dawned on me: what if that person is in a rush to hear their spouses last breath. Or what if that person is in a rush to console their daughter who just had a miscarriage. Until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, where is the right to call anyone anything other than human?

Be well. That is all. Did that answer your question?
    One of marybrewster's best postings. Sadly it will go right over his Ross obsessed head. It's really best to stick marv2 on ignore.

Roberta

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    OK, I sorry............hehehehehehe!
    Yeah you are one sorry mother fucker.

Fuck off lying asshole.

atcsm Guest
    Pretty impressive list of "pity" winners......bless them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_...ievement_Award

That's just a "pity" award that "somebody" bought because she could never win one in competition! LOL!!! They are giving that to her, she did not win it.

Feb. 11, pre Grammy, post Lifetime Achievement Award for Diana Ross.

Join us in a Soulful Detroit "Pity Party" for Marv. He will wear dark glasses to erase the tear stains from his face. Music: Red Hot non stop. Videos of RTL will run in the background featuring close ups of Lynda hugging Diane.

Purpose: To survive his night of great dread as Diana joins Ella, Aretha, Stevie, Elvis, Otis Redding, Etta James, the Rolling Stones, Curtis Mayfield, Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland, Billie Holiday, Leontyne Price, Sam Cooke and others in receiving Grammys Lifetime Achievement Award.

Pretty impressive list of "pity" winners......bless them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_...ievement_Award
    Po marv2. He's truly freaking out over Diane's Lifetime Achievement Award. LOL

Roberta

RossHolloway Guest
    What I don't understand is why people waste their limited time on earth engaging with marv2. If we all learn to ignore him, he will eventually go away. He/she/it brings way too much negativity to this board. Don't feed the troll and it will eventually go away.

Roberta
    YAWN...............hehehehehe!

Most people feel as you do Ross.

As long as trolls aren't dangerous, it's fine to ignore them. However they can also be amusing.

Occasionally, I wonder if it wouldn't be a dull, if more placid forum without a troll.

atcsm Guest
    Nice write up from the Grammy website...

http://www.grammy.com/news/lifetime-...ard-diana-ross

Roberta

Occasionally, I wonder if it wouldn't be a dull, if more placid forum without a troll.
    I think you're right Rob. It certainly raises passions for the music, akin to supporting your favourite sports team. Nevertheless, there's plenty room for everyone.

With the glut of reality shows on TV, do you think it's time for a Celebrity SDF!!!

It was a nice write-up and way overdue.
    Way to go Diana !!!

Nice write up from the Grammy website...

http://www.grammy.com/news/lifetime-...ard-diana-ross

A nice article on Diana from her hometown newspaper.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ntertainment|p

she and that fat bald chick in the back need to go on diets......NOW!
    Peeps who are on the "swoll" side themselves have NO business commenting on others' weight..

And who do you mean simplysupreme? LOL. I love that word "swoll". Uncertain if it's a big gut, a fat ass or a big head or all 3.

And who do you mean simplysupreme? LOL. I love that word "swoll". Uncertain if it's a big gut, a fat ass or a big head or all 3.
    LOL! It's to whom it may concern, Rob. And you're right, the term can be used for either/all of the above!

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Probably the Lifetime Achievement Grammy and the constant touring are sending him off the deep end;
    Dare to dream, hon! Dare to dream.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    A nice article on Diana from her hometown newspaper.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ntertainment|p
    But Detroit HATES "Diane"!!!