[REMOVE ADS]

The Penn State University Scandal

Hi this is Kev-Lo

What do you think about this situation and would you let your child attend that school despite all of the kaos that's been going on there

Hi this is Kev-Lo

Oops I should have put this in the clubhouse

I'm surprised no one here has started a thread about this until now.

Retired-coach Gerald Sadnusky should have never been allowed to go free on bond. He deserves to be in a maximum security prison shower room with a bunch of hardened lifer nazi gang members. They'll break his legs and arms before they gang rape him and bring him to a violent, torturous death.

Once the graduate student saw the shower rape with victim #2, he should have either stopped it, or called the police instead of going to his father. He, and all others who were made aware of this did not report a falony to the police. They should all be charged. Too bad Pennsylvania law doesn't allow for it.

Through the years, all the way back to 1998, people were aware of what Sandusky was doing, and the ball was repeatedly dropped, even by the police, who decided not to pursue the case.

And, now we find that Sandusky was probably pimping the boys out to his wealthy buddies.

The whole thing is disgusting!
    Last edited by soulster; 11-14-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Edited out graphic description of violence. Sorry for it, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by KevLo View Post
    Hi this is Kev-Lo

What do you think about this situation and would you let your child attend that school despite all of the kaos that's been going on there
    The entire scandal makes me sick to my stomach and Jerry Sandusky should rot in jail forever. Papa Joe Paterno has seriously tainted college football for harboring a rapist. Joe should have gone straight to the authorities the moment this was brought to his attention. May the good Lord forgive him and may he heal the hearts, souls and minds of those poor innocent boys that Sadunsky raped.

What a sad end to JoePa's once brilliant career. Alas, he has only himself to blame.

Roberta

They were Institutional Gangsters. They had a code of Silence. Over a period of time these men were collectively responsible for millions, maybe billions of dollars. The government has a witness. They will follow the money. The true horror probably lies within Sandusky's organization. Many alumini and others raised money and participated in supporting these events knowing full well that Sandusky was a ........whatever he is. This is far from over. This sordid affair will be told from back to front. This is only the beginning. We will probably be discussing this at this time next year. Their collective silence has been golden......now they will have to talk and the conversation will come at a very high price.

Had Joe Paterno left a few years ago, we would be viewing this in a different way. But like they said in that movie...Its hard out here being a pimp.

Read the grand jury report - what a disgusting "man." This just makes me so sick to my stomach and I hope he gets what he deserves.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72061109/G...-Abuse-Scandal

Oldies

The witness's are just as guilty as he is, all of this was swept under the rug because of the implications it would bring to the School and it's sports program, they made up their minds to look the other way. The firing of the coach came a decade too late, I don't really have much respect for him or the other person that felt football was more important. I feel sure they will nail the coach for perjury and rightfully so. This shouldn't surprise people, these types of degenerates are usually found close to schools and in a lot of instances working with kids. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the fox guarding the hen house. We never saw much of this back in the 50's because those people kept a very low profile and most never openly did these things to children, they knew they would never make it to the jail cell alive, street justice was alive and well in the 50's. Some would argue that it is wrong and mistreatment or denying do process, to me due process means making sure it don't happen again.

And the DA who was investigating all of this has been missing and presumed dead since 2005. This is only the tip of the iceberg folks. How can that young man live with himself for not stopping it, lest he feared for his life as well. We don't know the full story and trust and believe it will be sordid.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL- View Post
    The witness's are just as guilty as he is, all of this was swept under the rug because of the implications it would bring to the School and it's sports program, they made up their minds to look the other way. The firing of the coach came a decade too late, I don't really have much respect for him or the other person that felt football was more important. I feel sure they will nail the coach for perjury and rightfully so. This shouldn't surprise people, these types of degenerates are usually found close to schools and in a lot of instances working with kids. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the fox guarding the hen house. We never saw much of this back in the 50's because those people kept a very low profile and most never openly did these things to children, they knew they would never make it to the jail cell alive, street justice was alive and well in the 50's. Some would argue that it is wrong and mistreatment or denying do process, to me due process means making sure it don't happen again.
    i think you just said it all

cant believe how long this has been going on
    Last edited by tamla617; 11-14-2011 at 07:24 PM.

I just got this, http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ith-those-kids from MSNBC. Yeah, all those witnesses were hallucinating.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    i think you just said it all

cant believe how long this has been going on
    It's shocking tamla617. I wonder if his wife will stay with him? I wouldn't.

Roberta

His interview is on at 8:00 PM on NBC tonight. That's less than an hour away.

When pressed by Costas about what Sandusky was willing to concede that he'd done wrong, Sandusky said: "I shouldn't have showered with those kids."
    No shit, Sherlock !

There seem to be several people who have seen him do a lot more than just shower. I just hope the local authorities don't follow the OJ Simpson model of prosecution.

Bob Costas was just on the TODAY SHOW and they replayed part of the interview. When asked if he was attracted to boys, Gerald Sadnusky stuttered and repeated the question back to Costas three times. And Costas had to repeat the question three times before Sadnusky finally, and unconvincingly, said "No!" The headline writes itself.

FROM PENN STATE TO STATE PEN !!!

He made a big mistake doing that interview because now he looks 100% guilty! I guess the term "horsing around" will be the new euphemism for child molestation.

1. Someone needs to tell this dude that yesterday was 11/14/2011 not April Fool's Day.

2. His lawyer was not the most intelligent person in the room .

3. His press conference sounded eerily similar to the parameters of the 5th amendment.

4. Is a suicide watch far off ?

5. If he is lucky enough to make it to prison, he will reap what he has sown 1000 times over.

6. I wonder if he knows the prison meaning of Cowboy Up ?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    When asked if he was attracted to boys, Gerald Sadnusky stuttered and repeated the question back to Costas three times. And Costas had to repeat the question three times before Sadnusky finally, and unconvincingly, said "No!"
    No, actually Sandusky said he loved young people and loved being around them. I just watched a replay of the segment.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    1. Someone needs to tell this dude that yesterday was 11/14/2011 not April Fool's Day.

2. His lawyer was not the most intelligent person in the room .

3. His press conference sounded eerily similar to the parameters of the 5th amendment.

4. Is a suicide watch far off ?

5. If he is lucky enough to make it to prison, he will reap what he has sown 1000 times over.

6. I wonder if he knows the prison meaning of Cowboy Up ?
    I say he either flees the country or kills himself. The judge who granted him bail with no ankle monitoring should have recused herself, as she is associated with Sandusky's organization.

Hi this is Kev-Lo

It is shocking, vile, disgusting. It angered and repulsed me unlike any story in recent memory. At this point no!, as far as attendance. The schools name has been tainted and like it or not whenever "Penn State" is mentioned, a negative image will come to mind at least for the near future. Why? The football program there and Coach Paterno were the central identifying elements. Now with this recent revelation of criminal sexuals acts against children [[notice I did not say "scandal"), it will be what the school's name will be attached to.
    Last edited by marv2; 11-15-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I say he either flees the country or kills himself. The judge who granted him bail with no ankle monitoring should have recused herself, as she is associated with Sandusky's organization.
    I agree with your comments about the judge. I would very much like to see Mr. Sandusky in prison for his crimes.

A child-molester/pedophile is what he is. None of those people think they did wrong, they probably think they gave more than they got [[by way of favors and special treatment and opportunities etc. etc.... I speak from personal familial experience, and the accused actually felt "picked on" when the truth started coming out.)

What is at least as sickening, disgusting, appalling, abhorrent and any other euphemism for effed-up is that so many others knew and did nothing to put an absolute stop to it. I'm not talking about the lower level whistle-blowers who did report to their superiors. Sure they could have gone further, but those they reported it to had the ability and power to end the behavior on their venue right there. They didn't. SHAME SHAME SHAME

[[I could only read the first couple of pages of that grand jury document, so I may have missed a lot.)

How about we all wait for a trial to get all the facts. Once again, it saddens me to see so many people jump the gun and convict someone without a trial.

*I am not defending anyone* I just think its best to wait for all the facts.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 11-15-2011 at 01:22 PM.

*I am not defending anyone* I just think its best to wait for all the facts.
    Thanks.....thats cool Skooldem, but Kev-Lo asked us what we thought and we answered. I don't think anyone on this forum held a press conference to say that they had showered with kids and engaged in horseplay that included touching them . At this point I don't think a trial will change anyone's opinion. I know OJ's numerous trials didn't. Moreover Sandusky has a legal right to bail & a speedy trial and I'm sure he'll get that. The grand jury indictment which quite a few folks have referenced is appalling no matter who did it. Even so a trial is no guarantee that we'll get all the facts or all the truth, so like most folks in this country we'll just have to talk about it until we stop talking about it.

Facts? I think we have heard the facts. Now they just have to make them legal.

What I don't get is how so many people were involved, at least as witnesses, and no rumors swirled over all these years? I've never been a conspiracy theorist mainly because I know people can't keep secrets. I mean if it was just this creep and one boy, I could see it remaining secret--but it seems like dozens of people knew something was going on.

Bob Costas was just on the TODAY SHOW and they replayed part of the interview. When asked if he was attracted to boys, Gerald Sadnusky stuttered and repeated the question back to Costas three times. And Costas had to repeat the question three times before Sadnusky finally, and unconvincingly, said "No!" The headline writes itself.

No, actually Sandusky said he loved young people and loved being around them. I just watched a replay of the segment.

Costas: Are you sexually attracted to young boys to underage boys?
    Sadnusky: Am I sexually attracted to underage boys?
    Costas: Yes
    Sadnusky: Sexually attracted?
    <pausing>
    You know, no. I enjoy young people. I love to be around them. Um, I, But no, I'm not sexually attracted to young boys
    Costas: What did happen in the shower the night that Mike Mc Cleery happened upon you and the young boy
    Sadnusky: Okay, we were showering and horsing around and he actually turned all of the showers on and was sliding across the floor and ummm...and we were as I recall possibly like snapping a towel and horse play.

Yes, it is true that he is innocent until proven guilty. But in the court of public opinion, I think the verdict is already in.

I would also take a closer look at his children who were adapted and the foster children that have lived in his house through the years.

The interview he gave this morning was disturbing.

smark21 Guest
    A reader at Andrew Sullivan's blog sent in this assessment of Coach Sandusky after watching the interview:

In another life, I spent a significant amount of time working in penitentiaries, doing drama therapy with pedophiles. I learned a lot – so much of which I wish I could forget these days. I realize that we have to presume innocence, but the data about Sandusky is overwhelming - It parallels everything I learned about pedophiles during my years of working with them.
    They organize their lives around their obsession. They structure their lives in such a way as to continue their abuse. They are extremely devious, and will go to great lengths to get what they want. And, if not caught early enough, they can end up with hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of victims. [[One particularly disgusting inmate described at length the kits he carried with him at all time – one in his home, one for travel, one in his car. They included Vaseline, candy, toys, towels, etc. He was constantly in search of victims. His entire life was structured around that search.)
    In listening to the Costas interview, I was drawn back to my days spent in the Massachusetts Treatment Center for Sexually Dangerous Persons in Bridgewater, MA. First, Sandusky exhibits no affect in the interview. There is no outrage, no emotion, no anger, no sadness. Imagine, just for a moment, if YOU were innocent and accused of these horrific crimes. Your emotional state would be intense. His is anything but. This is, sorry to say, classic pedophile affect.
    Second, and most compelling, is his answer to the question: “Are you sexually attracted to young boys – to underage boys?”
    Obviously, if he were innocent, there is only one answer to this question: “No!” [[Again, imagine if someone asked you that question. There would be only one answer and it would be emphatic, and probably outraged.)
    But, listen carefully to his response. First, he repeats the question - twice. Next, he outlines his “enjoyment” of young people. Then, he says he “loves to be around them.” Finally, he catches himself and eventually gets to “No,” nearly fifteen seconds after the question is posed. Again, this is classic pedophile. He first attempts to explain himself – almost getting lost in that explanation – before he finally comes to the only obvious answer.
    However, he has no problem answering this question: “Are you a pedophile?” The answer to that question is quick: “No.”
    Why? Because, he absolutely doesn’t believe – in any way – that there is anything wrong with what he has done. He doesn’t believe that pedophilia is wrong – pedophiles never do. They construct vast and complex justifications for their actions, usually centering on the victim, what the victim wanted, and how much pleasure they give their victim. The term itself – pedophilia – is anathema, because it defines, as abnormal, an activity and way of life that they view as perfectly legitimate.

I'm as outraged as anyone, but this column says it all to me:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...uth-penn-state

In my opinion, they should shut down the football program for two years and hopefully they'll lose millions for violating the Cleary Act which says universities are mandated by federal law to report all crimes. I say the asking fine is $10 BILLION and go up from there ... or ask the victims how much it should be. I wouldn't care if they shut down that disgusting place, where students are taught to riot over the firing of a football coach who hasn't really "coached" in 15 years and is just a powerful figurehead, and a complicit one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    I'm as outraged as anyone, but this column says it all to me:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...uth-penn-state

In my opinion, they should shut down the football program for two years and hopefully they'll lose millions for violating the Cleary Act which says universities are mandated by federal law to report all crimes. I say the asking fine is $10 BILLION and go up from there ... or ask the victims how much it should be. I wouldn't care if they shut down that disgusting place, where students are taught to riot over the firing of a football coach who hasn't really "coached" in 15 years and is just a powerful figurehead, and a complicit one, too.
    A football coach who covered up heinous acts tsull.

Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    A reader at Andrew Sullivan's blog sent in this assessment of Coach Sandusky after watching the interview:

In another life, I spent a significant amount of time working in penitentiaries, doing drama therapy with pedophiles. I learned a lot – so much of which I wish I could forget these days. I realize that we have to presume innocence, but the data about Sandusky is overwhelming - It parallels everything I learned about pedophiles during my years of working with them.
    They organize their lives around their obsession. They structure their lives in such a way as to continue their abuse. They are extremely devious, and will go to great lengths to get what they want. And, if not caught early enough, they can end up with hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of victims. [[One particularly disgusting inmate described at length the kits he carried with him at all time – one in his home, one for travel, one in his car. They included Vaseline, candy, toys, towels, etc. He was constantly in search of victims. His entire life was structured around that search.)
    In listening to the Costas interview, I was drawn back to my days spent in the Massachusetts Treatment Center for Sexually Dangerous Persons in Bridgewater, MA. First, Sandusky exhibits no affect in the interview. There is no outrage, no emotion, no anger, no sadness. Imagine, just for a moment, if YOU were innocent and accused of these horrific crimes. Your emotional state would be intense. His is anything but. This is, sorry to say, classic pedophile affect.
    Second, and most compelling, is his answer to the question: “Are you sexually attracted to young boys – to underage boys?”
    Obviously, if he were innocent, there is only one answer to this question: “No!” [[Again, imagine if someone asked you that question. There would be only one answer and it would be emphatic, and probably outraged.)
    But, listen carefully to his response. First, he repeats the question - twice. Next, he outlines his “enjoyment” of young people. Then, he says he “loves to be around them.” Finally, he catches himself and eventually gets to “No,” nearly fifteen seconds after the question is posed. Again, this is classic pedophile. He first attempts to explain himself – almost getting lost in that explanation – before he finally comes to the only obvious answer.
    However, he has no problem answering this question: “Are you a pedophile?” The answer to that question is quick: “No.”
    Why? Because, he absolutely doesn’t believe – in any way – that there is anything wrong with what he has done. He doesn’t believe that pedophilia is wrong – pedophiles never do. They construct vast and complex justifications for their actions, usually centering on the victim, what the victim wanted, and how much pleasure they give their victim. The term itself – pedophilia – is anathema, because it defines, as abnormal, an activity and way of life that they view as perfectly legitimate.
    Excellent assessment smark21. I wonder why Sandusky's wife is standing by him throughout all of this. She must have her doubts.

Roberta

I just heard on ABC 7, NYC that another student claims he was assaulted by a professor at the school and had confronted the professor years later and had recording of the prof admitting the the accusations. When he went to the school they would not give him any consideration. He sued the prof and they settled for an undisclosed amount.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post

Why am I suddenly reminded of Michael Jackson's interview years ago with Martin Bashier?

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    I just heard on ABC 7, NYC that another student claims he was assaulted by a professor at the school and had confronted the professor years later and had recording of the prof admitting the the accusations. When he went to the school they would not give him any consideration. He sued the prof and they settled for an undisclosed amount.
    If the school thinks they are in the clear by changing their football staff or president, they should think again. This isn't going to go away. It's going to get much worse.

I would like to say that I was involved as a coach for 3 seasons in a suburban town
    in the late 1960's.
    I had to tell the people in charge that I did not want lurkers around my freshman
    basketball team. It seamed like they put up with these creeps. Not me.
    Also my wife caught a creep hanging around the cheerleader's locker room dressed in women's clothes,
    scaring the hell out of the girls.
    It seems these creeps know that a coach-supervisor can't watch every corner of the locker room
    or stadium.
    Ask around your town. These jerks have always been around.
    edafan

The bastard isn't smiling now! I wonder how long he'll last in prison. Name:  gss-120622-sandusky-03.grid-8x2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  23.6 KB

I'm glad he got what he deserved, but doesn't this thread belong in the clubhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    I'm glad he got what he deserved, but doesn't this thread belong in the clubhouse?
    You beat me to it... Wrong forum for this.

I didn't start the thread, I just post in it.

But, now Sandusky can cry out while Bubba slaps his butt-cheeks in the shower.

It does belong in the Clubhouse, and immediately after KevLo posted it, he realized the mistake and posted an acknowledgement of his error. I guess Ralph thought it was no big thing, since he could have easily moved it to the clubhouse.

Posted 11/13/2011
    Hi this is Kev-Lo

Oops I should have put this in the clubhouse

Posted 11/15/2011
    ...I would also take a closer look at his children who were adapted and the foster children that have lived in his house through the years.
    Well, that turned out to be true. One can only imagine the retaliation that he is going to face in prison.

FROM PENN STATE TO STATE PENN

This thread was started seven months ago and as was stated by miliven, kev apologised for his mistake. Though I agree
    it is something I'd have posted in the clubhouse, which personally I think a lot of people do a diservice to themselves
    by staying away from, it's too late now. Why create more work for Ralph? Anyone afraid of it can simply skip it and
    though technically you're right, soulster, it may have been better if you had posted your 11:50 comments on the latest
    with this case as a new thread, regardless of where.
    ANYWAY...Sandusky has cooked his own goose, it's just too bad he wasn't caught earlier. Good Riddance...

I didn't start the thread, I just post in it.

But, now Sandusky can cry out while Bubba slaps his butt-cheeks in the shower.
    Didn't say that you did.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    This thread was started seven months ago and as was stated by miliven, kev apologised for his mistake. Though I agree
    it is something I'd have posted in the clubhouse, which personally I think a lot of people do a diservice to themselves
    by staying away from, it's too late now. Why create more work for Ralph? Anyone afraid of it can simply skip it and
    though technically you're right, soulster, it may have been better if you had posted your 11:50 comments on the latest
    ANYWAY...Sandusky has cooked his own goose, it's just too bad he wasn't caught earlier. Good Riddance...
    Doesn't change the fact that this post belongs in the clubhouse. The rules are pretty simple: music related posts go into the main forum and non-music related posts go into the clubhouse. Simply stating facts.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    soulster, it may have been better if you had posted your 11:50 comments on the latest
    My thinking is that we probably don't need more threads devoted to this piece of chicken-shyit, so I figured this one would suffice.

As for where this thread belongs, I have been "put in my place" for suggesting that people be more descriptive in creating thread titles.

I suppose this thread is in the wrong house, but I'm willing to let it slide, considering what took place yesterday. Hopefully you are correct, Soul, and this one thread should do the trick.

KevLo,
    Don't worry about it.