[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: RIP Heavy D

This dude was only 44. This is beyond tragic. Total condolences goes out to his family.

A friend of mine just called me with this news and I looked up and down the net. I was a fan of Heavys and I love his songs!
    I wonder if he had a heart attack I hope that he is resting in the Lord's arms. RIP Overweight Lover.
    Steph

Shocking news. How can this be true. He was only 44. Why? I am so upset.

May the good Lord love and protect him.

His Hits CD by Heavy D and The Boys is brilliant.

What a loss. What a terrible loss.

Roberta

Very sad. I just saw him this past weekend in the flim TOWER HEIST.

Too young... RIP.

notification of his death has been upgraded. No final word but several sites are saying he died of respiratory issues the first one I saw state this was VIBE. I guess we wont know everything until later.

This is really sad. He lost weight in later years...looked like he was taking care of himself! I'm shocked. I was listening to "Long Distant Girlfriend" last week. He definitely was great for rap music but I also remember him as a good actor & a fun guy! Heavy was Class. He was a big man who did even bigger things! All this bad news is making me sad...

He was a big man who did even bigger things! All this bad news is making me sad...
    I hear you Rosie, I couldn't bring myself to post this........it is extremely sad, as was Joe Fraizer, Norman Durham and all the rest......

Man, this is quite a shock. Way too early for this man to be leaving this earth. I wonder what happened? Condolences to his family and friends.

I just saw it on the big screen at 7-Eleven! When I saw the thread and posting about the recent death of a member of the group Kleer, I immediately got this feeling that something else was coming very soon and it did! Darn! I loved Heavy D & the Boyz. He was a very talented guy. I called him one of the "last funtime, goodtime rappers". Well they say God knows best and we will have to accept what has happened. This is a tough one. Rest In Peace Heavy D.! Thanks for all the great music and memories.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    A friend of mine just called me with this news and I looked up and down the net. I was a fan of Heavys and I love his songs!
    I wonder if he had a heart attack I hope that he is resting in the Lord's arms. RIP Overweight Lover.
    Steph
    Stephanie, I bet it had something to do with that because just a few mins ago as I was driving home from the store they were talking about this obesity epidemic on WBLS. I have to tie it into Heavy D's passing or they would not be talking about this subject this late in the evening. Yes may the Lord Bless & Keep him!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    This is really sad. He lost weight in later years...looked like he was taking care of himself! I'm shocked. I was listening to "Long Distant Girlfriend" last week. He definitely was great for rap music but I also remember him as a good actor & a fun guy! Heavy was Class. He was a big man who did even bigger things! All this bad news is making me sad...

I was about to say that Rosie. I do recall that D lost a significant amount of weight in recent years. I remember when both Big Pun and Big Joe passed they were morbidly obese. I wouldn't doubt their situations had an effect on Heavy.

This is too sad. R.I.P Heavy

Damn, too soon indeed! I loved Heavy and always hoped he would get more and more
    movie roles since I saw him in Cider House Rules with Erykah Badu. Feel the same way
    about her and film, BTW. Anyway, marv, I think you meant to refer to Darren "The Human Beatbox" of The Fat Boys because Fat Joe is still with us. I see him off and on in the hood. I will only see Tower Heist when it's on dvd in the library because I can't stand Ben Stiller but hey, if it's one of Heavy's last appearances on film I want to check it out. RIP, Heavy...

Rest in peace.

Very sad and yes, waaayy too soon. Just one year younger than me. He brought great energy and fun to the hip hop game. Rest in peace.

The Grim Reaper got no mercy the last couple of days.
    R.I.P. D

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Damn, too soon indeed! I loved Heavy and always hoped he would get more and more
    movie roles since I saw him in Cider House Rules with Erykah Badu. Feel the same way
    about her and film, BTW. Anyway, marv, I think you meant to refer to Darren "The Human Beatbox" of The Fat Boys because Fat Joe is still with us. I see him off and on in the hood. I will only see Tower Heist when it's on dvd in the library because I can't stand Ben Stiller but hey, if it's one of Heavy's last appearances on film I want to check it out. RIP, Heavy...
    Thank you Splanky that's what I meant. I was a bit excited last night when I was posting. All of these guys were so very young.

Hi This is Kev-Lo

R.I.P. Heavy D.