[REMOVE ADS]

Hope Everyone Is Safe

Hope everyone is safe during this active time. No rioting or protests here, although one is apparently planned for tomorrow. Stay safe, whether bunkered down at home or making your voice heard in the streets. 2020 is going down in the history books for sure.

Something definitely feels different. Our demonstrations were downtown and I'm still isolating so there's nothing going on that I'm concerned about. Yet. Seriously, when the book about this presidency is written, it's going to have so many volumes that I doubt most can afford the whole collection. To be honest, I'll take as few reminders as I can get.

Stay safe, everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Hope everyone is safe during this active time. No rioting or protests here, although one is apparently planned for tomorrow. Stay safe, whether bunkered down at home or making your voice heard in the streets. 2020 is going down in the history books for sure.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  21.1 KB
    Nobody rioting here in Hermosa Beach. But I hear sirens every once in a while. Probably ambulances picking up Covid-19 pneumonia patients.

America is out of order right now. Protect your self...

here in Cle last night, they tore UP downtown....bashed in windows of many businesses, a lot of which were JUST starting to open back up, and even went over to the Justice Center (main "cop house") and busted LOTS of car windows...

My BIL is a CO there, and his co-workers told him that the protesters were coming for his truck, so he threw his keys out the window and they moved his truck for him before it got trashed...he was lucky - others weren't...Also inmates could be heard shouting from the inside as the city burned outside...He said the place is trashed considerably...

There's now a curfew for downtown from 12 noon til 8 a.m. tomorrow, so residents and business owners ONLY can come in and get cleaned up...

The people who are responsible for the damage don't even LIVE here - heard tell that most are from out of state...

Don't understand why there's a need to "shit where you eat", especially in the midst of a pandemic when folk should be at HOME or social distancing....now you can't get basic necessities cuz the stores are trashed or just gone completely...

And it's not just black folk doing the damage either....Don't be fooled....Protests were going just fine until some decided to break away and do their own thing....

Reminds me of living thru the Hough Riots back in the late 60's....

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Bottoms is the only person I've heard that is making sense about
    what's really going on in this country right now....She said this is the way to go this is
    chaos. People are destroying their own lives, destroying their children's futures. There is
    an idiot on Lee Bailey's eurweb.com talking about though he knows rioting won't stop
    racism or police brutality he's enjoying the hell out it...WTF,man? I have a niece starting
    college this year. Her life is just beginning...What the....I remember the riots of the 60's..
    I don't know we'll recover from this...then there's the not over yet pandemic....

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  21.1 KB
    There's a protest at Santa Monica Beach now, and anarchists have come there, and caused police to shoot rubber bullets. It remains to be seen whether they will break up when the curfew starts.

We're under a curfew now. Looks like drama is kicking up downtown. This is crazy.