[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Biden picks kamala harris for running mate

    Well,gang biden made his pick and i like it,senator kamala harris of california.

  2. #2
    I was waiting for someone to mention this. For me it was no surprise. Waiting to see what crap the orange Cheeto will throw at them

  3. #3
    She's a stellar choice. I'm excited. Let's go!

  4. #4
    As a Californian I have supported Kamala for both state AG and United States Senator. She has been my first choice for VP every since she dropped out of the presidential race. Harris is smart and tough, she is the perfect choice.

  5. #5
    I think he made the right choice. Harris has a sharp mind and I think she will appeal to a lot of people who are otherwise disappointed that Biden is the nom but were going to vote for him anyway. We're going to hear a lot of right wingers throwing left wing talking points at her ("she's a cop", "she didn't charge police officers", "she threw the book at low level offenses") but I think she can easily answer most of those and rise above them. Regardless, they had talking points against every candidate that Biden considered including Susan Rice, who thought was the most ready to be president among those on his list. But Rice would have given a lot of juice to the GOP, many of whom are stupid and try to associate her with Benghazi. I would have loved to see Rice or Elizabeth Warren be the pick but I can get excited about Harris.

  6. #6
    [QUOTE=Jerry Oz;585978]I think he made the right choice. Harris has a sharp mind and I think she will appeal to a lot of people who are otherwise disappointed that Biden is the nom but were going to vote for him anyway. We're going to hear a lot of right wingers throwing left wing talking points at her ("she's a cop", "she didn't charge police officers", "she threw the book at low level offenses") but I think she can easily answer most of those and rise above them. Regardless, they had talking points against every candidate that Biden considered including Susan Rice, who thought was the most ready to be president among those on his list. But Rice would have given a lot of juice to the GOP, many of whom are stupid and try to associate her with Benghazi. I would have loved to see Rice or Elizabeth Warren be the pick but I can get excited about Harris.[/QUOTE

    yeah, what I just bolded....I had read about this, and how it pissed off a lotta black folk out in CA, but isn't she also a part of the "prison reform" that got started not long ago?

    And I thought about what experience SR would've brought to the table, but she has that Benghazi "baggage" which the Reps would absolutely pounce on and once again we would hear "lock her up"! that woulda sucked the air out of JB's campaign and possibly take the limelight away from him..Maybe I could be wrong, I dunno...and I also heard tell that her son is a staunch Trump supporter but I don't know if that's actually true, but if so could've also been "problematic"....Warren just didn't "turn me on"...

    After watching KH do what she did during the committee hearings, I thought she was nobody to mess with...(along with Val Demings)...She was direct, and quite thorough with her questioning, and made some of those guys wish they were wearing some Depends....I so enjoyed it...

    I think she is a splendid choice, as she will not tolerate no more crap, and don't have a problem saying so.....and knows enough about "how to get around" up on the Hill....
    Last edited by GrtGzu; 08-13-2020 at 11:08 AM.

  7. #7
    Wow. It took all of three seconds for every nasty sexist racist ignorant hate-filled comment tweet Facebook post and random blurb to come out. People are actually offended that there is a Black woman in the media's attention and aren't attacking her over what she's done but what she is. Hopefully it turns off a majority of white women and those who already know that Trump is dangerous will finally abandon him.

  8. #8
    I already see that Fox and the rest of the Dorito dust mop’s cult are having a hard time trying to attack her. They figure out what box to put her in lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Wow. It took all of three seconds for every nasty sexist racist ignorant hate-filled comment tweet Facebook post and random blurb to come out. People are actually offended that there is a Black woman in the media's attention and aren't attacking her over what she's done but what she is. Hopefully it turns off a majority of white women and those who already know that Trump is dangerous will finally abandon him.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Wow. It took all of three seconds for every nasty sexist racist ignorant hate-filled comment tweet Facebook post and random blurb to come out. People are actually offended that there is a Black woman in the media's attention and aren't attacking her over what she's done but what she is. Hopefully it turns off a majority of white women and those who already know that Trump is dangerous will finally abandon him.
    Oh, she's quadruple Kryptonite to those fools: an educated, accomplished, fearless woman of Jamaican and Indian descent. I, for one, cannot wait until she eviscerates Pence in that debate; he better ask somebody about Skeewee. And I, too, hope white women will get on board--unlike last time.
    Last edited by sansradio; Yesterday at 02:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Oh, she's quadruple Kryptonite to those fools: an educated, accomplished, fearless woman of Jamaican and Indian descent. I, for one, cannot wait until she eviscerates Pence in that debate; he better ask somebody about Skeewee. And I, too, hope white women will get on board--unlike last time.
    The problem with debating Pence is she can't really impress because she's expected to spank him. If she does too good, he's a sympathetic figure and if she doesn't score well enough, she looks bad as a result. It's like when Gore debated Bush. Debate #1 saw Gore mop the floor up with Bush but the "pundits" all said he was too aggressive and that turned people off. Debate #2 and he was reactively too acquiescent and they said that he needed to handle business the way he normally does in debates. Then, in debate #3 they said that he struck the right mix between strong and thoughtful but in their minds, he came across as too "slick". WTF? Easily won two debates and arguably won the other and they came up with reasons to say that Bush won. I'm not going to discuss Tim Kaine in 2016 where he tried to beat up on Pence but didn't make many points and wound up looking like an angry dude trying to hammer somebody for sake of hammering him.

    With that said, this is the guy that Kamala will be debating in a month and a half:

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The problem with debating Pence is she can't really impress because she's expected to spank him. If she does too good, he's a sympathetic figure and if she doesn't score well enough, she looks bad as a result. It's like when Gore debated Bush. Debate #1 saw Gore mop the floor up with Bush but the "pundits" all said he was too aggressive and that turned people off. Debate #2 and he was reactively too acquiescent and they said that he needed to handle business the way he normally does in debates. Then, in debate #3 they said that he struck the right mix between strong and thoughtful but in their minds, he came across as too "slick". WTF? Easily won two debates and arguably won the other and they came up with reasons to say that Bush won. I'm not going to discuss Tim Kaine in 2016 where he tried to beat up on Pence but didn't make many points and wound up looking like an angry dude trying to hammer somebody for sake of hammering him.
    Reminds me of the delicate balancing act Biden had to pull off with Palin (which he did admirably and deftly, without thrashing her).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Reminds me of the delicate balancing act Biden had to pull off with Palin (which he did admirably and deftly, without thrashing her).
    I remember that. She tried to get a viral moment by dropping Say it ain't so, Joe in the debate but it came off sounding scripted forced and ill-timed. That put her at minute 14 of her 15 minutes of fame because she petered out soon after.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.