[REMOVE ADS]

Poll Suggest Cain Allegations Mean Nothing To Majority Of Republicans

So there's a new poll which asserts that the majority of Republicans don't care about allegations made about sexual-harassment charges against candidate Herman Cain.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...of-republicans

Considering the fact that not very long ago, these are the same folks who rode [[NOTE: NAME EDITED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT & SO THAT I DON'T GET SUED!!!) out of office for e-mailing pictures of a sock in his shorts & sexting, considering the fact that President Clinton was damn near accused of heresy & ruining American values for enjoying oral pleasures from a very willing participant [[and trying to impeach him for lying about it), I find this to be a very interesting reversal of field. As I recall things, morality was a HUGE part of their campaign strategy, as well as the usual bullshit "I have a wife, 2 children, a cat, a dog & a white picket fence & perfectly capped teeth" nonsense, which they presume to attempt to equate to being of high moral quality & fiber.

Can the hypocrisy get any more plainer than it is?
    Last edited by juicefree20; 11-07-2011 at 09:24 PM.

I guess not, Juice. But then, that is what the Republicans seem to be all about: hypocrisy.

Ralph,

To be fair, my side has it's share of hypocrites as well. But these folks always seem to prop themselves up as bastions of all that's good, decent & wholesome. But it seems that ever since President Obama was elected, the veils have slipped off. In fact, the veils haven't merely slipped off, but rather, have been yanked off & the emperor indeed, has no clothes.

And this isn't just in regards to their constant attempts to undermine our President,but also the attempt to re-draw district lines & other attempts which if successful, are blatant attempts to deprive certain citizens their right to vote.

And that is reprehensible.

I like to think that these idiots are just shooting themselves in the foot with their behavior, and I hope I'm right. I guess what is scary is there is a certain following that supports all this nonsense.

In a normal society,they would be shooting themselves in places a little higher than the foot.

Unfortunately, in today's dumbed-down, "reality-tv" lovers whom love drama & where miscreants are applauded for being way over-the-top, it seems as though "bad" has become the new "good' & folks are really letting their hair down these days.

The way that so many people have been duped into a "Them vs. us" mentality by those whom mean them no good & listening to the many whomhave fallen for this, is more than a bit troubling.

I have to honestly say that I don't have much faith in my fellow Americans these days, as I don't believe than some are truly grounded in reality, nor seem to grasp what's really going on, nor just how much they have to lose should they make the wrong choices for the wrong reasons.

We have tons more access to information, yet the average person has become less informed about just about everything. To read some of those letters to the editor, op-eds or hear call-in shows is painful & an exercise in futility.

In many respects, this country has regress & have allowed itself to become even more polarized than it was during the era of the Vietnam War.

Scary times!

As long as the rank and file republicans line up behind Cain, keep trying to screw the middle class, pass stupid laws, and argue amongst themselves, it's good for the Democrats and Obama.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    So there's a new poll which asserts that the majority of Republicans don't care about allegations made about sexual-harassment charges against candidate Herman Cain.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...of-republicans

Considering the fact that not very long ago, these are the same folks who rode Eliott Spitzer out of office for e-mailing pictures of a sock in his shorts & sexting, considering the fact that President Clinton was damn near accused of heresy & ruining American values for enjoying oral pleasures from a very willing participant [[and trying to impeach him for lying about it), I find this to be a very interesting reversal of field. As I recall things, morality was a HUGE part of their campaign strategy, as well as the usual bullshit "I have a wife, 2 children, a cat, a dog & a white picket fence & perfectly capped teeth" nonsense, which they presume to attempt to equate to being of high moral quality & fiber.

Can the hypocrisy get any more plainer than it is?
    Elliot Spitzer hired a high price hooker, he wasn't sexting. That was Anthony Weiner.

smark,

I'm really f-ing it up today with the sloppy attempts at multi-tasking. Thank you for the correction because indeed, I was speaking about Weiner & with that punchline, how in the world did I ever screw that one up?!?!?!

Nevertheless, that's 2 mistakes in the span of 4 hours, therefore, I will add Helen Reddy & "Leave Me Alone" & "Delta Dawn", as well as Jimmy Cross & "I Want My Baby Back" to my list of self-imposed punishment for such egregious sins.

Beyond that, all that I can say is this...