[REMOVE ADS]

The Wiz says..The Ultimate color is BLU

Universal has officially announced plans to bring the 1978 musical “The Wiz” starring Diana Ross as well as the late Richard Pryor and Michael Jackson to Blu-ray Disc on November 30th. Tech specs include full 1080p Hi-Def video and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound on a BD-50 [[50 gigabyte dual-layered Blu-ray Disc). The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon but stay tuned and we’ll keep you updated. The bonus materials set to be included here sadly are slim and only includes a featurette titled “Wiz on Down the Road“.

http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=50811

The bonus materials set to be included here sadly are slim and only includes a featurette titled “Wiz on Down the Road“.
    Skooldem, this is really getting funny.......I know you didn't write the title but the imagery is ridiculous......excuse me, I gotta go to the bathroom.....

It's not my favorite Diana Ross movie, but it should look, and especially sound, really great on Blu-ray. Time to update the collection. Thanks for the info.

"Wiz on Down the Road" was also the featurette included on the "30th Anniversay Edition of The Wiz" DVD.

With Dianas personal affection for the movie I dont think it would have been too hard to get her to do a commentary feature - a wasted oppurtunity....

I got a feeling the WIZ is going to be around for a long time. Although, I couldm't stop laughing the first time I saw this movie it seems to be the first of the Ross movies to break through the door. Well, with a cast of Lena Horne, Ted Ross, Diana Ross, Nipsey Russell, Richard Pryor and Michael Jackson I guess its just fun to watch with all the legends on board.

You know Ive never seen it - it wasnt really around in the 80s when i grew up,certainly not on video in my town..never got around to seeing it...

uptight Guest
    Great name for this thread, LOL. They'd better put some bonus stuff on this disc..! Send me to Miss Ross' house, and I will set up the recording for the audio commentary!!! Besides the director, she's the only one around who can say something important about the film. And I can edit a new video documentary, too!