[REMOVE ADS]

Introducing Teddie Morrow

I came across this video on YouTube. http://youtu.be/SVjFzD1v4uY. Teddie Morrow, my old production/writing partner. We have been planning a release soon, so when I saw this video, I thought it might help you get to know this multi talented guy.

I was surprised to see, at about 2:30 in the video, shots of Teddie and me when we had Powerhouse Productions. It brought back great memories and I am so excited to be working with Teddie once again.
    From what I understand, he is lighting Arizona up. The state he resides in these days.

I hope to have Teddie's first single out in the next couple of weeks. "Heavenly Father"
    The first song Teddie and I collaborated on, many years ago, which seemed to tell us we needed to be working together. The partnership would last ten years. A time that was probably the most prolific for me as a producer and song writer. During that ten year period we never stopped working. After "Heavenly Father", I'm going to begin releasing some of that material from time to time. I think Teddie will blow you away.

That's great that you and Teddie are back together, Ralph. I put on your original collaborations every time I get out the old Victrola.

Dave,
    I had forgotten how good he was. Teddie and I shared some moments over the years. My mother has always said that Teddie was more like a brother to me. Keep the old Victrola handy, cause I'm in a releasing kind of mood.

I'm ready for it, Ralph, and I've alerted both your other fans. One of them has a little box of needles for this thing.

Hi!

There's a small Sam Cooke in that guy,

Best regards
    Heikki

Funny you mention that, Heikki. Producer, John Rhys Eddens said he was Sam Cooke with an edge. I think that describes him perfectly.

Teddie is also good at falsetto. Found another video. Someone is promoting him in Arizona. What I'm getting ready to release is a little different.

http://youtu.be/_V6gQ-28doI

Name:  R1-08108-0006.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  97.1 KB

Teddie at Tera Shirma working with Nancy Jones, who has a small part on "Heavenly Father".

Name:  R1-08107-0016_0001.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  97.5 KB

Working with guitar whiz, Tom Ayers.

Name:  R1-08108-0018.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  92.6 KB
    Working with back-up singers Stephanie Mistretta and Trudi Swift of Rhythm and Rouge.

You got my support Ralph! Ralph is Heavenly Father a gospel song? If so, have him try out for Sunday Best a gospel show/contest that comes on BET. Last year's runner up was an 80 year old man from Philly by the name of Goldwire McLendon who sounds similar to Teddie.
    Last edited by nosey; 11-18-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Nosey,
    I suppose "Heavenly Father" can be considered Gospel. More like R&B though. This song was taken to Luther VanDross by his manager, who was knocked out by it, but Luther had just completed an album, so the song wasn't used.
    Interestingly, this is the first song that we used guitarist Tom Ayers and singer Nancy Jones on. Over the next several years we kept them both rather busy in the studio.