[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue Nov 8, 9P-12M ET:Andy and George and "More Hits...Expanded"!

Name:  WOMRWFMRLOGOredux.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  13.1 KB

Howdy, FOLKS! Well, Tuesday will be an amazing night for 2 rare pieces of astronomical phenomenon!

Not only will an asteroid named 2005 YU55 pass within 0.85 lunar distances, about 203000 miles, of the Earth [[YIKES), but on "Nightflight" I will be graced with guests [[and friends) Andy Skurow and George Solomon for the worldwide premiere airing of their latest Motown/Supremes expanded edition..."More Hits By The Supremes"!

It is an amazing collection...and there are even more surprises in it than are identified on the Hip-O Select site. To have Andy and George on the air with me again is an honor and a treat. And I thank the remarkable team of Andy, George, executive produce Harry Weinger, and senior mastering/mixing engineer Kevin Reeves for all the amazing and hard work involved in getting this very special release to us on this 50th Aniversary of the Supremes...thanks so much, guys!

So, do join Andy and George and myself for this exclusive airing...and let's hope that the only thing that "hits" on Tuesday night is "MORE Hits By The Supremes"...the Expanded Edition...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org

Please...no phone calls to the station tonight...I'll be on the phone with Andy and George...but please feel free to post your thought and questions for our Dynamic Duo to answer. We'll stay in close touch with this thread throughout the show.

Thank you all...and Thanks...Andy and George!
    See you on the radio!
    John
    Name:  YouHurtMeSo002.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  36.5 KB

and it was Andy's birthday on monday!
    i'll be here John.

Quote Originally Posted by redlabs View Post
    and it was Andy's birthday on monday!
    i'll be here John.
    David....great that you'll be here! And thanks!

Great to hear. Happy later Bday Andy!

Andy and George are both such great interviewee's John. I'm looking forward to more of their always interesting insights and experiences on your show tomorrow. I received my copy of "More Hits" today. Everything about it is first class, and though I haven't gotten through all the music yet, I'm already madly in love with the alternate vocal of "Nothing But Heartaches" [[always one of my favorite Supremes' songs). What a great track and vocal! And the booklet seems to indicate "Diana Ross" [[1976) is next in line for the expanded treatment! Oh happy day! See you tomorrow buddy.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 11-08-2011 at 12:36 AM.

I received mine also! AMAZING... and TWO booklets!!! SO much to look at and listen to!

John:
    Just back from two week trip to CA and what a treat to have something to listen to this evening while I "put my NYC life back together". More Hits is a real fav. I see from an earlier post that the booklet indicates that DR 1976 is next. What happened to Baby It's ME? Can you ask the experts? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Andy and George are both such great interviewee's John. I'm looking forward to more of their always interesting insights and experiences on your show tomorrow. I received my copy of "More Hits" today. Everything about it is first class, and though I haven't gotten through all the music yet, I'm already madly in love with the alternate vocal of "Nothing But Heartaches" [[always one of my favorite Supremes' songs). What a great track and vocal! And the booklet seems to indicate "Diana Ross" [[1976) is next in line for the expanded treatment! Oh happy day! See you tomorrow buddy.
    Joseph...you're so right...the expanded edition is FIRST CLASS! Andy and George are such wonderful spokemen for what is actively going on in the line of Motown at UMG...because they are working on it. But moreover, I think the reason why they speak to our Motown interests and concerns so beautifully is because they are FANS as well as experts.
    I am so happy and appreciative of the time and information they share with us on the show. As a matter of fact...I'm more than happy...I'm satisfied [[there you go...2 Motown references for the price of one)!
    See you in just a bit, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    John:
    Just back from two week trip to CA and what a treat to have something to listen to this evening while I "put my NYC life back together". More Hits is a real fav. I see from an earlier post that the booklet indicates that DR 1976 is next. What happened to Baby It's ME? Can you ask the experts? Cheers!
    David...welcome BACK! And YES...just in time! And yes..I WILL "Ask The Experts". Cheers back to ya!

....3 more hours...................WHOOPIE!

John, hello.looking forward to tonights show. i have my popcorn ready to go.
    i do have a question....i got my MORE HITS today and it is beautiful! another excellent job by Andy ,George,Harry and staff.
    now my question, how many booklets are included in this cd? i have one with the MORE HITS cover art and it reads MEET THE SUPREMES. i think this is the tour booklet? i have no time line that i thought was included? did i misunderstand or is there only one Booklet? many thanks.
    also send Andy birthday wishes! david [from baltimore}

John, hello.looking forward to tonights show. i have my popcorn ready to go.
    i do have a question....i got my MORE HITS today and it is beautiful! another excellent job by Andy ,George,Harry and staff.
    now my question, how many booklets are included in this cd? i have one with the MORE HITS cover art and it reads MEET THE SUPREMES. i think this is the tour booklet? i have no time line that i thought was included? did i misunderstand or is there only one Booklet? many thanks.
    also send Andy birthday wishes! david [from baltimore}
    David...there are 2 booklets....one in the front flap and one in the back flap [[the back is the tourbook).
    See ya...later......

Hi John,
    Looking forward to tonight. Right now I'm listening to your extended 'It Takes Two'. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Hi John,
    Looking forward to tonight. Right now I'm listening to your extended 'It Takes Two'. Wow!
    Hey Steve...thanks!!! Glad you like it...and see you in a little bit!

thanks john, i only got one booklet. i emailed hipo ,maybe then can send me out one.thanks david

thanks john, i only got one booklet. i emailed hipo ,maybe then can send me out one.thanks david
    Whoops!!! Sure!

John, I'm eargerly awaiting your show.
    I'll stay up only for the 1st hour, as it is deep dark & cold night in Holland...

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    John, I'm eargerly awaiting your show.
    I'll stay up only for the 1st hour, as it is deep dark & cold night in Holland...
    Robbert....how nice to see you...glad you'll be here for some of the show.

...in the studio....HOWDY all!!!

Hi JP - I can hardly wait to hear the most anticipated show of the year! and a big Hello and Thank you to Andy and George..
    glad you had a happy birthday Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Hi JP - I can hardly wait to hear the most anticipated show of the year! and a big Hello and Thank you to Andy and George..
    glad you had a happy birthday Andy!
    Hey Tony!!! Great to see you. Tonight's the most anticipated show of the year? No pressure on me [[smile)........

Hey Johnny... Looking forward to tonight's show. Your interplay with Andy and George during these shows is always top notch. My copy of More Hits hasn't arrived yet but still been celebrating its release by playing my unremastered copy during my cycling workouts this week. Been getting a lot of weird looks and stares for singing Honey Boy at the top of my lungs... Lol

Have a great show!

Diana Ross 76 is next? Kiss Me Now that's outstanding news! Fingers crossed for some alternate Love Hangovers and Smiles...

Looking forward to a great show!

Hey there Johnny! Looking forward to a GREAT show tonight. This has to be one of my most favorite Supremes' albums, so having an extended version is almost like heaven, yes?

Keep on doin' what you're doin' dude! I LIKE IT!

Howard in Long Beach, CA, USA

Glen and Bradsupremes....welcome...welcome...WELCOME!!!

I'se be here. Can't wait until Andy & George join you!

Johnny, your BIMAA remix should have been on the set! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover View Post
    Hey there Johnny! Looking forward to a GREAT show tonight. This has to be one of my most favorite Supremes' albums, so having an extended version is almost like heaven, yes?

Keep on doin' what you're doin' dude! I LIKE IT!

Howard in Long Beach, CA, USA
    Howard..great to see you!!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Johnny, your BIMAA remix should have been on the set! I love it!
    Joseph...from YOUR lips to Harry's ears!!!! [[SMILE)

I'm here in Long Beach, CA and listening along!

--Dan V.

Thank goodness for SD........or I would have forgotten!

DIANA ROSS 76 was my first Ross album ....and i fell in love from that point on.i'm still hooked, looking forward to hearing Andy and George. thanks for keeping the legacy alive for us. we would not have this if it wasnt for you guys! .........ahhhhh, Johnny you r playing my favorite song from the lp ....ASK ANY GIRL. a classic supremes track.still think this should have been a single.

Hi John,
    The opening Back in My Arms was so good that I was all set to buy the new set----until you mentioned it was your own creation.
    As for Ask Any Girl, I love that song so much I even like Tony Martin's version.

ps, i love the last photo of the MEET THE SUPREMES booklet.....the colorized version of the cover art from SAM COOK

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Bring George back. [[The reception on this crystal ball is just all discombubulated tonight)
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 11-08-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Papa, can you hear me?

In the The Marvelettes' "Too Strong Too Be Strung Along" [[1962) Juanita is refered to by name.

Honey Boy could've been a follow up to Nothing But Heartaches its so strong

Mable John & Singin' Sammy Ward call each other by name on I'm Yours You're Mine from 1962.

We need a box for the 51st Anniversary called The Supremes: The Complete Studio Chatter including the smash moment where Diana complains about her headphones malfunctioning hehe

i just had a hangover knowing that this album is coming in the near future.....my first and favorite diana album

And now... enough chatter... back to MORE HITS !!!

are there any out takes from

RossHolloway Guest
    Question for Andy and George: Are there any plans to do a deluxe edition of At The Copa? Or even a complete Copa collection?

sorry, i hit the wrong button, but r there any out takes from WE REMEMBER SAM COOKE??

Wow! What a difference I hear with "It's All Your Fault." Diana sounds so clear!

I am very puzzled about the second booklet in the "More Hits" set. It is s
    Described as a reproduction of The Supremes 1965 tour program. I was there from '64 onward attending 6+ performances each year and AlWAYS buying a program. There is no way that I missed one that looks like this. Can you explain? Thanks!!!

I'll hang on, John, for another 20 minutes, put as much music in those minutes as possible... unreleased items from MORE HITS, please!
    Last edited by robbert; 11-08-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Don't remember to ask about why 76 before Baby It's Me