[REMOVE ADS]

supremes 5.30 plane

hi there ,i've just finished remixing 5.30 plane by the supremes sung by jean terrell ...i would be very interested what the people of this forum think ...cheers anthony..

http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bful...=stolen+voices

Nice thanks but the note at 0:42 is bad.

Love it-even more hit potential; let's not forget the fantastic harmonies of Mary, Lynda and maybe the Blossoms!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Love it-even more hit potential; let's not forget the fantastic harmonies of Mary, Lynda and maybe the Blossoms!
    HIt potential? In what year? Surely you're not suggesting 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    HIt potential? In what year? Surely you're not suggesting 2011?
    LOL. One gets the feeling he is.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LOL. One gets the feeling he is.
    I just don't get why some fans can't just enjoy a song and instead get bogged down in concepts like "hit potential".

LOL the sharks are circling. I meant the song sounds more commercial. Why dont you two take up jogging or something to get your negativity out that way!

i agree Luke. it does sound more pop sounding but i do find the backing vocals merky.
    and why should someone opinion be criticized?

LOL the sharks are circling. I meant the song sounds more commercial. Why dont you two take up jogging or something to get your negativity out that way!
    Then perhaps you should say that in future.

That's not a bad idea Luke. Anyway, I always liked the song "5:30 Plane" they way they originally recorded it. This remix is not bad at all. I would buy it today if it were a new release by the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Then perhaps you should say that in future.

That doesn't even make sense; what you just said.

Anyway the song could be rereleased in 2011 or 2012 and potentially receive more play. I recall that back around 1987, Louis Armstrong's recording of "What A Wonderful World" was rereleased as a part of a movie soundtrack album that was doing very well at the time. [[I think it was "Good Morning Vietnam"). His original recording of the song was released in the sixties but it did not do nearly as well as the release that I am sure they did something to "clean it up" for the motion picture soundtrack.

Marv

Good point Marv--that would also make a good thread-songs that became big later or could be rediscovered.

Good point Marv--that would also make a good thread-songs that became big later or could be rediscovered.
    That would make an excellent thread!

DO YOU LOVE ME-THE CONTOURS
    almost three decades after it's release, a Top three hit on the biggest Top 40 station in the nation,NYC's Z100 in 1987
    as a result of the movie "Dirty Dancing"..[[on Motown, no less...)
    thanks to an inclusion in a film or tv show, any song can be discovered, uncovered and re discovered and become a BIG m*******
    f****** HIT record, bay-beeee!!!

Charlene's "I've Never Been To Me" comes to mind as one of those songs.

Anyway, I loved the remix. I love the original of course, but what you did is just terrific. I think
    that if it was released today, it would indeed reach new heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    DO YOU LOVE ME-THE CONTOURS
    almost three decades after it's release, a Top three hit on the biggest Top 40 station in the nation,NYC's Z100 in 1987
    as a result of the movie "Dirty Dancing"..[[on Motown, no less...)
    thanks to an inclusion in a film or tv show, any song can be discovered, uncovered and re discovered and become a BIG m*******
    f****** HIT record, bay-beeee!!!
    There ya go! One of THE most perfect examples! It was popular back in 1962-63, but it was HUGELY popular after the films release.

I think Stand By Me had a huge resurgence because of the Stephen King movie in the eighties too. I can imagine it being quite a thrill for the original performers and songwriters to see a old song relaunched like that!

GHOST = Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers becoming a bigger hit the second time around, decades later...
    all this is movie related

Quote Originally Posted by drewschultz88 View Post
    I think Stand By Me had a huge resurgence because of the Stephen King movie in the eighties too. I can imagine it being quite a thrill for the original performers and songwriters to see a old song relaunched like that!
    Drew, you are so right and it got even more airplay in the eighties than it did in the sixties! Another brilliant example. Thank you.

On the remix, is it my imagination or are Jean's vocals speeded up a bit? Nice effort, but I miss the plucked strings in the intro and this remix seems to lack the overall feeling of regret which to me is so integral to the song. I think the remix makes it a bit too upbeat for the song setting.