[REMOVE ADS]




Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 151 to 191 of 191

Thread: NEW Picture

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now that is a priceless pic! Looks like the early 70's. Thank you Dvus! Keep them coming......!
    THANKS, MARV.....That means alot to me!!!! I "think" the picture was taken after Mrs. Bertha Gordy passed away!!!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Now how's this for RARE!

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now how's this for RARE!
    @marv...You are right!!! That is RARE!!! THANKS!!

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    @marv...You are right!!! That is RARE!!! THANKS!!
    You are most welcome Dvus. Yes, Obie Benson was in the service when this picture was taken. His replacement at the time was Thearon Hill, who actually recorded a few sides with the group until Obie returned.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You are most welcome Dvus. Yes, Obie Benson was in the service when this picture was taken. His replacement at the time was Thearon Hill, who actually recorded a few sides with the group until Obie returned.
    And you are giving US, a little history, too!! Cause I sure did not know that!!!

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    And you are giving US, a little history, too!! Cause I sure did not know that!!!
    My pleasure! Your turn to post another great rare pic to knock us out! Up for the challenge? LOL!

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    My pleasure! Your turn to post another great rare pic to knock us out! Up for the challenge? LOL!
    @ marv......That is a Classic!!!! And it makes all the ones that I have shared, look like Nothing!!
    Last edited by dvus7; 10-31-2013 at 05:38 PM.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Here's one you don't see often...............Gladys Knight and 4 Pips! LOL!

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here's one you don't see often...............Gladys Knight and 4 Pips! LOL!
    Hey, Marv...Wht did you find??? A time capsules from Motown!!LOL!!LOL!!

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    This should be an easy one........

    He was soooooo smooth!

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    David and Tammi!

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Flo.......

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here's one you don't see often...............Gladys Knight and 4 Pips! LOL!
    This group went through quite a few changes before their fame. In the begining, there were actually five Pips and three of them were girls - Gladys, her sister Brenda and their cousin Elanore. I'd love to see a picture of that grouping. Here is another of Gladys with four Pips.
    Name:  4PIPS.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  25.0 KB

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Styling & profiling!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    Styling & profiling!!!!!!!
    They were the DUDES! On top of the World!

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Here they are, The Love-Tones aka The Melodeers [[Detroit). Can you guess their connection to Motown?

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here they are, The Love-Tones aka The Melodeers [[Detroit). Can you guess their connection to Motown?
    After they changed their name to Love Tones, they sang on a couple of Mary Well's songs. Also, Mickey Stevenson of the Melodeers went on to do A&R for Motown

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    After they changed their name to Love Tones, they sang on a couple of Mary Well's songs. Also, Mickey Stevenson of the Melodeers went on to do A&R for Motown
    That's it, you got it! Yeah Mickey! Mickey Stevenson went on to be Motown A&R man and husband to Kim Weston. He is second from the bottom in that picture.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,454
    Rep Power
    190
    I've never seen this photo before.

    Diana Ross & The Supremes embark on an Air Canada flight in Los Angeles destined to Toronto, en route to play a show in Kitchener, Ontario.

    Name:  1969-The-Supremes.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  92.9 KB

    http://75.aircanada.com/timeline/

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Are these the only two male Gordy's left?????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  21. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Check this one out!
    I love this one. Where were they all going? And the "H" has fallen off the Hitsville USA sign on the far right of the picture

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Yes I believe Berry and Robert are the last two survivors as George, Fuller and Pops Gordy have all passed on now.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by radionixon View Post
    I love this one. Where were they all going? And the "H" has fallen off the Hitsville USA sign on the far right of the picture
    I don't know exactly but it looks like they were heading out on a "Motortown Revue" tour.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Check this one out......

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Check this one out......
    Hey, Marv...Was this in Detroit???

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    Hey, Marv...Was this in Detroit???
    That is a good question. I would have guessed the Roostertail, but the stage of the Roostertail had an overhead ceiling. hmmmm.........

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Here is a very rare candid of Dionne Warwick and Stevie Wonder from the early 60's. It gives you an idea of just how "glamourous" being on the road was for black performers in those days. Check out the guy lighting his cigarette from some else's :

  28. #178
    supremester Guest
    I did a lot of theater and backstage areas look that way for all races. They are dumps and owners never spent a nickel to do anything that wasn't code or in a star's rider.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Anybody's guess!!!!!LOL!!LOL!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    Anybody's guess!!!!!LOL!!LOL!!!
    Is it Stefan Gordy with his mom?

  31. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Is it Stefan Gordy with his mom?
    YES!!!! Now who is black lady????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    YES!!!! Now who is black lady????
    Ok Dvus, I give up! I have to know who that women in the silver is. I've seen her before. Plleeeeaasssseeee.......!

  33. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,545
    Rep Power
    191
    I can't believe you all are still posting pictures, even with Ralph's recent request. This looks like another lawsuit waiting to happen.

  34. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I can't believe you all are still posting pictures, even with Ralph's recent request. This looks like another lawsuit waiting to happen.
    and I cannot believe that you really cannot read! The picture of the woman in silver was posted by Dvus on Jan. 13. The notice from the Forum's Administrator was posted on
    Jan. 14. Now go somewhere and look hard to start trouble and fights!

  35. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,595
    Rep Power
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    and I cannot believe that you really cannot read! The picture of the woman in silver was posted by Dvus on Jan. 13. The notice from the Forum's Administrator was posted on
    Jan. 14. Now go somewhere and look hard to start trouble and fights!
    Why do you talk like that? You already started one you doofus.

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,545
    Rep Power
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Why do you talk like that? You already started one you doofus.
    Thank you rob.

    Marv doesn't bother me; I've learned to ignore his rants. He adds absolutely nothing to any conversation at SDF. I do wonder though why he still is allowed to bully on an open forum. I'm no lawyer, but if I were a moderator here, I'd worry less about a lawsuit on copyright and more on a lawsuit for defamation or libel.

    With that said, I am officially requesting Marv to quit harassing me.

  37. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ok Dvus, I give up! I have to know who that women in the silver is. I've seen her before. Plleeeeaasssseeee.......!
    The woman in silver is Edna Anderson-Owen; formerly Admin Assistant to Mr. Berry Gordy ...currently Co-CEO to The Gordy Company.

    Pat Cosby

  38. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by pc_1 View Post
    The woman in silver is Edna Anderson-Owen; formerly Admin Assistant to Mr. Berry Gordy ...currently Co-CEO to The Gordy Company.

    Pat Cosby
    Thank you Pc_1 for that answer. That's all I was asking.

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Thank you Pc_1 for that answer. That's all I was asking.
    @ marv...Thank you for the support!!!! SUCCESS IS A MF!!!!!LOL!!!LOL!! Ms. Anderson coined that phrase!!!

  40. #190
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I can't believe you all are still posting pictures, even with Ralph's recent request. This looks like another lawsuit waiting to happen.
    @ ms. Brewster...Please move forward...That issue was addressed and resolved..Really nobody is asking YOU to even LOOK at this!!!!!Please move around!!

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by pc_1 View Post
    The woman in silver is Edna Anderson-Owen; formerly Admin Assistant to Mr. Berry Gordy ...currently Co-CEO to The Gordy Company.

    Pat Cosby
    Pat....Thank you! I hope all is well and the New Year is looking bright for you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.