[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes on French tv 1976

My oh my, kind of a diva free for all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKtIndT_K9E
    Last edited by luke; 11-01-2011 at 09:49 PM.

You go Luke! There is a little story behind that clip. About 3 maybe 4 years ago this French guy had did a great job restoring that clip and had it up on DailyMotion. I complimented him on his work and told him I had a very poor copy of that clip that I'd love to have restored. Right after that he deleted this clip and I have been looking for it every since. I remember some televisioin special that was on during the afternoon of July 4 1976, the Bicentennial aired the this Supremes performance. Thank you for finding it!

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 11-01-2011 at 10:37 PM.

I just noticed that is not the exact same clip the guy on DailyMotion had restored. His was extremely clear and tight. He did something to in on a computer I could tell, but it is still good to see a good copy again.

My pleasure Marv--yea its out of synch!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    My pleasure Marv--yea its out of synch!
    But it is still a treasure. What a great memory that clips brings to me!!!!

Kim Weston - "Take Me In Your Arms"

I meant to start a new thread. Please disregard. Thanks
    Last edited by marv2; 11-01-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Wrong thread . Sorry

Marv: Do have have the link to Mary and the girls in the studio working with the Holland Bros. on the 75 Sups album?
    Thanks in advance. I could not find it on youtube!

Why is Mary separating herself from the other ladies in the group by wearing a different color dress?

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Why is Mary separating herself from the other ladies in the group by wearing a different color dress?
    Big nasty ego maybe?

Skooldem, all three dresses are different colors [[purple, maroon, and black). On the tape, the purple and maroon ones look the same, but my guess is probably due to the lighting.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 11-02-2011 at 12:57 PM.

probably to indicate to the casual fan or viewer that she is the Original Supreme.All entertainers have an ego BUT I have never heard about Mary Wilson being nasty to anyone or being difficult to work with.

Those gowns were designed by Pat Campagno when Cindy was still in the group. During this period more and more often the sets of gowns were designed individually for each lady, usually with Mary getting a more unique design. Most of the time the necklines varied. She deserved it as she was the longest-reigning Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv: Do have have the link to Mary and the girls in the studio working with the Holland Bros. on the 75 Sups album?
    Thanks in advance. I could not find it on youtube!
    No, but that was brilliant wasn't it? It was one of the few times we get to hear how they actually put a song/recording together. Mary was leading Cindy and Scherrie through the lyrics like a pro. Only an experienced recording artist would have been able to do that. I don't think it is on Youtube any longer, but if I do come across it, I will let you know immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Big nasty ego maybe?
    No, not at all. That would not ever be Mary Wilson because the Supremes...."her girls" always came first! She was the one that believed in the "group" when others were only looking out for themselves. Those gowns were designed for them in the revamping of their act under the direction of Geoffrey Holder [[some may remember most from the old 7-Up commericials...."the Uncola man" LOL!). Any way......... you're wrong! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    She was the tallest lady, so they needed more material for her dress and all they had left over was black, duh! LOL!!!!!! Susaye where are you? hehehehehehe!!!!!

I wouldn't say Mary was separating herself from the group Skool so much as simply accepting the special commendation she deserved for having stayed the course longer than any other. Mary was quick to call out the talents of the other Supremes. As she said on Soul Train when asked if she was the lead singer of the group, she quickly responding, "I'm not the leader...we all pitch in." I doubt Diana or even Jean would have said this

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Skooldem, all three dresses are different colors [[purple, maroon, and black). On the tape, the purple and maroon ones look the same, but my guess is probably due to the lighting.

When they performed "He's My Man" & "Early Morning Love" on the Sammy Davis Show, all three looked like they were wearing black. So it is due to the lighting as Brad mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    probably to indicate to the casual fan or viewer that she is the Original Supreme.All entertainers have an ego BUT I have never heard about Mary Wilson being nasty to anyone or being difficult to work with.
    Exactly! That didn't even sound right when describing Mary Wilson! LOL!!!!

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    My oh my, kind of a diva free for all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKtIndT_K9E
    when I viewed this on YouTube in the UK i was also directed to a site offering tickets for The Supremes appearing at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool on December 7th. I shudder to think what fake group this is - Kaaren Ragland probably?

Quote Originally Posted by stopinthenameoflove View Post
    when I viewed this on YouTube in the UK i was also directed to a site offering tickets for The Supremes appearing at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool on December 7th. I shudder to think what fake group this is - Kaaren Ragland probably?
    Well she is in the UK/Ireland around this time. http://www.soundsofthesupremes.com/appearance.htm

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Those gowns were designed by Pat Campagno when Cindy was still in the group. During this period more and more often the sets of gowns were designed individually for each lady, usually with Mary getting a more unique design. Most of the time the necklines varied. She deserved it as she was the longest-reigning Supreme.
    It's Campano, he was from here in New York.....thanks.

Well she is in the UK/Ireland around this time. http://www.soundsofthesupremes.com/appearance.htm
    The REAL Supreme is in the U.K. and that's all that really matters! I loved that clip for "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking". It was like an early version of a music video.

She is in a strange position. She is paying tribute to Mary Wilson, Diana Ross and Florence Ballard the Supremes and they don't even like her! It is even stranger still, there is no demand for Kaaren and the others she tours with.