[REMOVE ADS]

A Question Regarding Posting Pictures

Previously, I planned to post pictures & as most know, I tend to post a lot of them. With the old forum, that was no problem, I'd just post them & go. But with this new forum, there seems to be a built-in limitation as to how many pictures one can post before running out of space.

Is there any way to post pictures without completely topping out on my uploads & should I delete those already in my account, will they disapper from from the threads which are already in the archives?

I have had the same problem for quite a few months.
    The only way I found to get round it was to delete old pictures to free up my cabability to post new ones.

J Smith,

Thank you very much for your response! After deleting your pictures, did you ever check to see if they remained in the threads in which they were originally posted, or as the pictures are usually liked to the source, have they disappeared from those threads forever?

Juice,
    I had the experience that once I deleted the pictures they also were deleted from the thread.

I need help.
    I've always wanted to post pictures, but didn't have the slightest idea how.
    Could someone please help me.
    Where do I even start.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes

Ceasar,
    ...... Just click on 'GO ADVANCED" at the bottom of the REPLY box .......
    that pulls up a box with all sorts of incons along the top ...
    Click on the PAPERCLIP incon [[attachments) & it pulls up an additional box ....
    in this, click on ADD FILES .. & you get a browse box ... select the picture in this, UPLOAD & then click on INSERT INLINE at btm and the picture is added to your text.

Guys, it's a heck of a lot faster and easier to open a Photobucket acct. [[it's free) and post the link from there to here....that way you will have tons of space for all the pics you can ever dream of....plus you don't get that little paper clip...

Once you sign up for your photobucket acct you will see a screen that looks similar to this [[but you won't have any pics yet)

Uploading the pics from your comp is really easy...you'll see a green button that will say...upload now...once your pics are in the album....you will see several rows underneath the pic[[ chk out red arrow in my pic) that second row says direct link...click on that...come back to SDF place your cursor on the second pic in the tool bar underneath Quick Reply and it will say image [[it's the one next to the world/link button) right click, paste and boom...your pic is posted...you can see it in preview before your post [[preview is in Go Advanced)

One more thing....when you click on image here on sdf...you will see ....http://.... highlighted...delete it because the code you copied from Photobucket already has it as part of the url...if you don't know what URL is...don't worry... to do this you really don't need to know....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Guys, it's a heck of a lot faster and easier to open a Photobucket acct. [[it's free) and post the link from there to here...
    ImageShack offers the same service : http://imageshack.us/

Caesar, once you have the jpg link, you put it in the icon "insert image", and that's it !

It's even better if you have your own server. You can link pictures at will and there's no need to set up an account anywhere.

pshark Guest
    Hey Juice, I figured out a way to post pics here without worrying about limitations.
    First post your pics on your facebook acct. Then select your pic and refresh the page.
    Cut address bar link. Then paste it to the icon you see above.

Here's an example. I scanned a page off an Ohio Players program that a bought at their 1976 Oakland Coliseum concert

Good luck!
    Last edited by pshark; 10-16-2011 at 04:11 PM.

pshark Guest
    I forgot to add something.
    First post your pics on your facebook acct. Then select your pic and refresh the page.
    Right click image and open in new tab or window.
    Cut address bar link. Then on SDF, paste it to the "insert image" icon you see above.

PM me if you have any questions

Pshark

Thanks a lot. I'm going to get some pics together & see how it goes. Ironically, some of them will be of Sugarfoot's Ohio Players from their September gig in A.C.

pshark Guest
    No prob Juice. I visited your page and checked out some of your pics, including Sugarfoot
    and I must say the quality is excellent!

Pshark,

Thank you for those kind words. The funny thing is that I didn't remember putting any of his shots on my page.

I must be getting old...SERIOUSLY!!!