[REMOVE ADS]

Legendary British DJ Jimmy Saville - RIP

It seems that we have lost another legend ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15507374

Jimmy achieved fame by broadcasting on Radio Luxembourg, I remember listening to his "record a minute" show in the early '60s, before becoming the first presenter on BBC TV's "Top Of the Pops" show, and later hosting his own long running "Jim'll Fix It" TV Show. More recently he was involved in charitable works.

He is also believed to be the person who ran the very first "disco" show.

RIP Jimmy

Roger

How's about that there, then? One of life's real characters. He raised millions for charities and never grew old. I remember him from Fabulous 208 too, Rog.

RIP Jimmy.

Hi this is Kev-Lo

R.I.P. Jimmy

A popular culture legend in the UK, Savile [[one 'l') was in the public eye from the launch of Top Of The Pops in 1964 until into the Nineties, figuring relatively recently in documentaries that tried to figure the man out! He claims to be the first DJ ever to use two turntables, back in the dance hall days of 1947 when he rigged up two ordinary record players, a microphone and speakers.

selinasian Guest
    And a Fashion Icon to the very end. LOL!!!!

Is He the guy that hosted the NME shows in Britain that have seen on youtube? If he is boy did he look like a guru! He seemed to have a wonderful personality may he RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Is He the guy that hosted the NME shows in Britain that have seen on youtube? If he is boy did he look like a guru! He seemed to have a wonderful personality may he RIP.
    yes it is!
    top man in the early days of pop music in england.
    i saw him at heathrow airport, oceanic building [[now T3)coming back from the states.half his hair was black the other white,he had trousers[[pants) one black leg and the other white his shirt/jacket was half and half too.and his shoes were odd.that was around 1967.made our day!
    rip and thanks

He must have saved many lives because of his "clunk click every trip" car seat-belt campaign in the 70s.

R I P Jimmy

I never heard of him, but was just reading his obituary in today's NYC paper. He is credited with organizing the first disco event and also claimed to be the first to use two turntables to provide continuous music. Interesting. I always thought that the disco trend originated in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    This obituary educates us Americans about Jimmy Savile. What a character he seemed to be.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...?newsfeed=true

there was a picture in yesterday's daily mail [[31st oct) showing him playing four tops live lp and another sat in the middle of the beatles.

link for daily mail article.the pictures i mentioned aren't reproduced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-aged-84.html

The revelations about the extent of Jimmy Savile's sexual depravity are almost beyond belief.

We all had him pegged as an eccentric, but over the years I had never heard a single rumour about this. Had anyone else here? How could it have been covered up for such a long time?

The current rumour offered by Paul Gambacini is the one I heard. I was wondering whether that would be brought up. I guess Paul went to the same venues as I did in the 80's.

I am expecting a few more famous stars from the past to be named shortly.

The guy is a nonce, it has been well known for decades. Even ordinary folk in the street heard the rumours.
    So many though who actually knew chose to ignore it.

Hope he rots in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    So many though who actually knew chose to ignore it.

Including the police. Looks like there were seven investigations dropped.

This man was involved in necrophilia! He had sex with dead bodies!!Q@!