[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Herman Cain

Herman Cain

So what do the regulars here think?

He seems very thoughtful and well spoken.

But I see people like him and say "how can this man be a Republican?" But then, maybe that is exactly what they need.

Did I spell his first name right?

He'll be history soon.

Here is my somewhat informed opinion:

Herman Cain is not a serious candidate. He knows very little about economics, tax policy, or foreign policy. The hilarious part is that he publically admits he doesn't know much, yet republicans love him. They don't even seem to mind his stance on abortion, whatever it is.

Fact: Herman Cain used to be an employee of the Koach Brothers. Charles and David Koach are known for funding would-be politicians who will further the cause for corporate America.
    Fact 2: Herman Cain recently wrote a book and seems more concerned with promoting it, and making money for his business.

I suppose republican America likes him because he is Black and conservative. Conservatives think that by supporting this Black conservative that they can somehow prove they are not racist in their rabid opposition to Obama. I also suppose that somehow they think Black people will vote for anyone Black, and this is how they can win back the White House.

Many conservatives dislike Mitt Romney because he is a grand flipper. He won't take any firm stand on anything, saying anything depending what the audience is, and which way the wind blows. The Southern christian conservatives hate that he's a Mormon. The way it looks, Mormons should hate his ass too.

Rick Perry...it's obvious he's using the birther issue to score points with the wing-nuts Let's be serious: conservatives don't like Perry now because of the name of the family retreat he and his family spend their vacations. They don't even care about his birther crap. They dislike his position of immigration. Never mind that, as Texas governor, he signed a republican redistricting legislation that screws somewhere around a half-million Latino Texas voters.

The less said about the rest of the comedy troop Michelle Bachman, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and a couple of others, the better. John Huntsman, the only republican candidate who has stood up for science and against the radical fringe, has virtually no support.

I have talked to many republicans who are sick of this circus and don't like anyone. Me? I love it! I'm getting a kick out of these clowns still trying to prove how much more conservative they are than their opponent. I love how the tea-baggers in the House keep blocking any progress Obama is trying to make for the country because their strategy is backfiring. The public is wising up, and finger republicans as the problem. their approval rating is in the single digits, while Obama's approval rating keeps going up. Even Faux news's ratings has been gradually slipping. They are still on top, but more people are wising up. The under 65 crowd are turning away, while the network keeps getting older and older.

Heh! I got carried away and digressed! Now, what was it about this Herman Munster guy?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    So what do the regulars here think?

He seems very thoughtful and well spoken.

But I see people like him and say "how can this man be a Republican?" But then, maybe that is exactly what they need.

Did I spell his first name right?
    He's been making a living as a motivational speaker for the past decade so he ought to be a very good speaker at this point. He's in big with the Tea Party crowd. His 9-9-9 tax plan is very simplistic and if implemented cut taxes on the wealthy and raise them on the poor. He thinks all people who are unemployed have only themselves to blame for being jobless. He's pretty anti-gay and would make Muslims sign a loyalty oath if they want to serve in his administration. And he's been financed by the Koch bros., the financial backers of the Tea Party. But he's a good speaker and unlike most of his primary opponents, he comes off as upbeat and optimistic, again, thanks to his success as a motivational speaker, a field infamous for its superficiality.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    He'll be history soon.
    Where he belongs!!!!!!

Thanks; well, about what I expected.

I will go look up Obama's approval ratings. The Canadian NewsMagazine had a cover story saying he might be unelectable again. But all Presidents having crappy approval ratings at times; they dont mean too much.

Hmmm, 41%..........not so great. But better than ol Bush. I still think he qualifies as a war criminal.

Soulster, your assessment is right on the freakin money! The Republicans are latching onto him like a drowning man to a life preserver.... this is their "Big chance" to try and throw off the racist accusations. It's all for show. And yes... they think by having someone black, thye might win back the white house. Another gross mis-calculation. the same mis-calculation they made when they thought they would siphon off all of the scorned female voters who supported Hillary by putting that dumb bitch Sarah Palin in the race as the Vice president candidate.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 10-29-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Cain's latest ad with his old cracker campaign manager smoking is bizarre. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6VnTqpTqvQ

Herman Cain's 15 minutes will be up soon. If you can bare to watch the Republican debates you'll see one heap of crazy on the stage and a bigger pile of crazy in the audience. Talk about a room full of bigots.

Thanks; well, about what I expected.

I will go look up Obama's approval ratings. The Canadian NewsMagazine had a cover story saying he might be unelectable again. But all Presidents having crappy approval ratings at times; they dont mean too much.
    I'm hearing a lot of people, even some rank and file republicans, say they will vote for Obama [[again). Obama's ratings are at just under 50%, higher than last summer, and much higher than many past presidents after their first term. Some polls have him higher than 41%, and almost 80% of Americans support his jobs bill that the republicans keep killing. The Occupy movement is helping to show the public's dissatisfaction with the staus quo. Obama taking his message on the road is really helping too. The republicans, in the meantime, are in the dog house, but they don't seem to care. The radical wing-nuts have fully taken over the party. All the better for Obama and the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Cain's latest ad with his old cracker campaign manager smoking is bizarre. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6VnTqpTqvQ

Herman Cain's 15 minutes will be up soon. If you can bare to watch the Republican debates you'll see one heap of crazy on the stage and a bigger pile of crazy in the audience. Talk about a room full of bigots.
    Excuse me? "his old cracker campaign manager"? That is a very racist and offensive comment Roberta! I am surprised that such a hyper-sensitive, good Christian women like you that constantly refer to homophobia would say something like this! You sound like a hypocrite of the highest order when in the same post above you talk about "a room full of bigots"!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-29-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Soulster, your assessment is right on the freakin money! The Republicans are latching onto him like a drowning man to a life preserver.... this is their "Big chance" to try and throw off the racist accusations. It's all for show. And yes... they think by having someone black, thye might win back the white house. Another gross mis-calculation. the same mis-calculation they made when they thought they would siphon off all of the scorned female voters who supported Hillary by putting that dumb bitch Sarah Palin in the race as the Vice president candidate.
    I agree that Soulsters comments were very accurate as are yours regarding Sarah Palin vs Hillary Clinton to win over the female vote.

...and it was such a good, peaceful thread...

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    ...and it was such a good, peaceful thread...
    Gotta keep 'em honest!

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

He's a slime ball.

Hermain Cain schools Bill Clinton on Economics.

Cain is another male Sarah Palin. Donald Trump is just a chump...with no money!

the Herminator! When I found out that he was associated with the Koch Brothers I KNEW that they put him up there to sway the black conservative vote. If you look at his background with Godfathers Pizza as the CEO when he came on board the sales slipped! Again this comedy troupe of Republicans is actually sad and although I am a Dem I feel sorry for the party. The Tea party is the best thing to happen because now they are all divided and I have NEVER seen this happen in the Republican Party. The 999 plan is a joke and I honestly believe this Wall Street movement got started because Cain is in this race. I always knew Romney would be the frontrunner but for some reason [[and I dont know why) Mormons, and Catholics are always disliked by the right wingers. I found it hilarious when I got older and studied history that they didnt want Kennedy in office because he is a Catholic. You would think that with all of his experience Newt would be the one they would stand behind but I guess he has become a joke now. Huntsman was the only one who made sense or who could be tolerated. Herman Cain is no dummy and he is well educated but to be the symbol of the US I wouldnt bet on it.

The only thing that herman cain can do for me is bring me another slice of pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    The only thing that herman cain can do for me is bring me another slice of pizza!
    He couldn't even do that for me. Papa John's is better............

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    the Herminator! When I found out that he was associated with the Koch Brothers I KNEW that they put him up there to sway the black conservative vote.
    And, again, it goes to show how little the republicans really think of Black people. It is the party of racists! That is one reason I will NEVER vote republican unless they do another fundamental shift like they did in the early 60s.

The tea-baggers [[I don't have enough respect for them to call them by their proper title) did what I thought could never happen and that is split the party. For all their love of Ronald Raygun, they are not following his advice about never saying anything wrong about a fellow republican. You know that party is in trouble when they ignore Karl Rove and Pat Robertson sounds like he's sane! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    I wouldn't eat Godfather's pizza, even if Cain is no longer running it.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-30-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Marv,
    I've just discovered Papa Johns. Great pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Marv,
    I've just discovered Papa Johns. Great pizza.
    It is excellent pizza and a good company. They'll do whatever you want!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He couldn't even do that for me. Papa John's is better............
    You'd change your tune if you ever had mine! LOL I tell ya there ain't no other! I put fresh basil leaves on top of mine. and plenty of portobello mushrooms sauteed in butter! and then there's the sauce made from my own home grown tomatoes.

I don't care for Papa John pizza. I don't like the way they bury the toppings on the bottom.

You'd change your tune if you ever had mine! LOL I tell ya there ain't no other! I put fresh basil leaves on top of mine. and plenty of portobello mushrooms sauteed in butter! and then there's the sauce made from my own home grown tomatoes.
    What other toppings do you use?

I don't care for Papa John pizza. I don't like the way they bury the toppings on the bottom.
    Not the one here in New York near me. I always get it with extra sauce and the toppings are where they should be and they don't scrimp on them.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-30-2011 at 08:51 PM.

smark21 Guest
    A political website had a Democratic consultant, a Republican consultant and a food blogger do a pizza taste test and they were unanimous in pronouncing that Godfather's Pizza tasted like crap.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/god...za-taste-test/

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What other toppings do you use?
    usually hamburger and green peppers, and a few black olives. And smoked provolone mixed with the mozzaella, makes it real good. I use sage, black pepper and curry powder on the hamburger.. so it's beef with sausage seasoning on it.

usually hamburger and green peppers, and a few black olives. And smoked provolone mixed with the mozzaella, makes it real good. I use sage, black pepper and curry powder on the hamburger.. so it's beef with sausage seasoning on it.
    Now that sounds like a great pizza Jill! I wish technology was at a point where you could email me a slice.........hehehehehehe!

Looks like the double-cheese Hermanator may be done! He's getting it on two fronts. It's become clear that two women charged him with sexual harassment when he was with the Restaurant Association. They were paid off. Cain lied about it, then gradually discussed it, and he did it very badly. Then, it turns out that a non-profit organization gave his campaign money, and he didn't report it, which is illegal.

For all card-carrying bigots, this man sets back the Blacks, Hispanics & all unfortunate jobless people back 40 years.

Instead of so arrogantly proclaiming his "if I can do it, EVERYONE else should be do it" mantra, he should be on his knees thanking God for his good fortune, rather than taking shots at hundreds of thousands whom have lost their jobs due through corporate & bank mergers, downsizing, outsourcing & the greed of rich, arrogant folks such as he appears to be.

In short, I think that he's a joke. Rich, but a joke nonetheless & if he REALLY believes that the nonsense that he spouts gives him a legitimate shot at the White House, more power to him.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 10-31-2011 at 10:46 PM.

I think Ralph summed it up quite well early on in the thread......................."he'll be history soon". Funny what a difference a day makes............

I think of him as nothing less than a caricature who will likely try to parlay this into a book tour or making a lot of money by giving speeches to folks who love to hear his, "They're poor because they want to be" nonsense.

I don't think that he's quite as dumb as some may believe, but in actuality is angling for his own reality show.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 11-01-2011 at 01:24 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    I think of him as nothing less than a caricature who will likely try to parlay this into a book tour or making a lot of money by giving speeches to folks who love to hear his, "They're poor because they way to be" nonsense.

I don't think that he's quite as dumb as some may believe, but in actuality is angling for his own reality show.
    He and that Eric Kantor seem to be suffering from "Marie Antoinette Syndrome"!

CRS would be preferable.

Gotta admit, though, the guy sings pretty well.

Will you and Russ produce him?

It wouldn't be a bad gimmick Rob.

Maybe he should be contacted; because the political career is stalling by the look of it. Although, I doubt he did much sexual to these women surfacing; man, there is always some "ex" waiting to squawk.

I don't think his career is stalling. he's still getting support, financial and otherwise, and he's still at the top of the polls. Hard-core republicans are buying the fox news and rush limbaugh spin that it is a liberal attack started by democrats.

surprise; i haven't followed too much; are the allegations by the women serious?

smark21 Guest
    surprise; i haven't followed too much; are the allegations by the women serious?
    Well these allegations were made in the 90's when Cain was President of the National Restaurant Association, a DC lobbying group for the industry and the organization made settlements with the women to put the cases away.

I don't think his career is stalling. he's still getting support, financial and otherwise, and he's still at the top of the polls. Hard-core republicans are buying the fox news and rush limbaugh spin that it is a liberal attack started by democrats.
    It is has been slowly coming out today that Tex. Gov. Rick Perry's Campaign may be behind this revelation of Cain's past sexual harassment charges. Stay tuned!

Perry's desperate, isn't he?

Turns out Perry didn't do it...or did he? The Perry camp fingers Mitt Romney's camp. It now turns out that Herman Cain now remembers it all now that footage of an interview of him talking about it on TV in 2003 has surfaced. Turns out Cain and his campaign manager have been worried about it for over a week, trying to figure out how to cover it up. Chris Wilson says he saw the harassment. He was there. The woman was a low-level staffer, and Cain says she was a lousy worker.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-02-2011 at 11:02 PM.

This womanizing matter is a character flaw that may or may not still be in play. More importantly, he knows less than zero about foreign policy.

There is now a third woman.

Well, I know I'm treading where I shouldnt...........but, as Minny from the Help would say, "we been there before, we gon go there again"............

So, I wonder: How low did the low level staffer go? Or rather, how low did Herman go?

It's so much fun seeing the republicans argue amongst themselves, pointing fingers at each other...and Romney, the one person they all hate for whatever reason, is AGAIN trying to lay low so he won't look bad and say something stupid, but he's only something like 26% in the polls!

As a 99%'er and an Obama Democrat, i'm getting a kick out of all this!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    This womanizing matter is a character flaw that may or may not still be in play. More importantly, he knows less than zero about foreign policy.
    Exactly. Just the other day he was going on about how China may soon have a nuclear weapon. China has been in the Nuclear club for almost 50 years now.