[REMOVE ADS]

soundexchange.com-THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY!

I posted this on both forums and thought I would cover all bases. Soundexchange.com was suggested to me by Carl Dixon of the U.K. who stated this is a non-profit organization who has collected money for years and is paying everyone for digital performances. Everyone but labels and publishers.

If you have spoken the word, played and sang [[background singers too) on a recording and its on the internet, you might have a lunch/dinner money coming. All I ask is that you check out the site and see for yourself. The Motown group has but the Detroit folks are slow to ponder! I'm filling out my application online right now. [[someone told me I have lunch money there!) Good luck.

Lorraine Chandler

SoundExchange

Quote Originally Posted by lorraineC View Post
    I posted this on both forums and thought I would cover all bases. Soundexchange.com was suggested to me by Carl Dixon of the U.K. who stated this is a non-profit organization who has collected money for years and is paying everyone for digital performances. Everyone but labels and publishers.

If you have spoken the word, played and sang [[background singers too) on a recording and its on the internet, you might have a lunch/dinner money coming. All I ask is that you check out the site and see for yourself. The Motown group has but the Detroit folks are slow to ponder! I'm filling out my application online right now. [[someone told me I have lunch money there!) Good luck.

Lorraine Chandler
    Lorraine:

I am the former Executive Director of SoundExchange and helped launch it in 2001. When we started it was very small, collecting a few million dollars a year. Last year, we collected over $260 Million and it will be over $325 Million this year. If people were "background singers" or "session musicians" on recordings, they need to check out www.raroyalties.org. Those are the folks who pay the "non-featured" musicians. But for those who produced recordings or were the featured artist on recordings, it is definitely worth checking out SoundExchange. I am currently trying to track down some estates of Motown artists as I still assist SoundExchange in searching for recording artists for whom they're holding money.

Thanks for spreading the word.

John

A big thank you from an artist I work with, Chainsaw Dupont, who recently received payment for many of his recordings from SoundExchange. The organization does great work and is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimson View Post
    Lorraine:

I am the former Executive Director of SoundExchange and helped launch it in 2001. When we started it was very small, collecting a few million dollars a year. Last year, we collected over $260 Million and it will be over $325 Million this year. If people were "background singers" or "session musicians" on recordings, they need to check out www.raroyalties.org. Those are the folks who pay the "non-featured" musicians. But for those who produced recordings or were the featured artist on recordings, it is definitely worth checking out SoundExchange. I am currently trying to track down some estates of Motown artists as I still assist SoundExchange in searching for recording artists for whom they're holding money.

Thanks for spreading the word.

John
    Hi John,

I might have given out the wrong info from heresay and that's why I asked everyone to visit the site for themselves. I'm so excited about this. Thank you for launching this. I don't know how anyone could keep this to themselves. We get paid for so little.

Now that I have an 'expert', I do have a few questions.

1. Do you get paid for the videos or the playing of the songs or both on the internet?
    2. " " " " as the lead performer and a copyright owner?
    3. How far does the 'heirs' go? [[Grands, great-grands)?

Please don't tell me to call when I have you in my arms now! Thank you.

Lorraine