[REMOVE ADS]

Soundexchange.com

I've been informed that his non-profit, Soundexchange.com, pays artist royalties to singers/songwriters for music downloaded/played on the internet. They pay background singers, musicians, everybody but the publishers and label owners.

Please check it out. Tell me what you think. Sounds too good to be true, but hey, it might buy/pay for a lunch. [[If its legit, I'll take my commission!)

Lorraine Chandler

If something sounds too good to be true is usually is

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    If something sounds too good to be true is usually is
    Hey Bayou,

I agree. That's why I'm sharing. Please visit the site and tell me what you think. If it is real, think how many people it can help. Carl Dixon of Soul Source turned me on to this.

Lorraine

Trust me,
    It is legit. They will find you money,
    That you did not know was there.
    It would be worth your while to look into it.
    They have been treating me very well.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes

I just recently recieved a check from Sound Exchange for my 2000's dance club singles, and it paid for a very nice dinner, thank you..

Thanks Caesar and Jimi,

I'm going to join. I hope others take advantage of this. They have a wonderful article on another organization [[see Detroit's forum) who wants to pay money to artists [[CD Baby?) Where's all this money been?

Lorraine

This is one time when you're wrong. In 1995 Congress passed a law that said that recording artists had a right to be paid when satellite radio [[XM and Sirius) and internet radio [[Pandora, AOL and others) played their recordings. Many artists, or their heirs, haven't signed up to collect this money. SoundExchange is holding on to money for many artists and their estates who haven't registered. Pass the word along. Some artists have more than Ten Thousand Dollars waiting for them, though the majority are owed far less.

Ceasar:

Thanks for the post. I helped launch SoundExchange in 2000 and ran it for the past 10 years, stepping down last December. It is great to hear from artists who are getting their royalties. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

John L. Simson

GREAT to hear, I passed the info on to Mary Wells children.

Mr. Simson,
    Thank you for doing such a good job.
    I was not aware, until STEVE CALDWELL of THE ORLONS tuned me in.
    I'm doing my best to get a lot of our acts from Philly hip to it.
    I do have some questions, when I get them together I will post on your private message.
    It is a pleasure to have gotten to know you.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes

Quote Originally Posted by jsimson View Post
    This is one time when you're wrong. In 1995 Congress passed a law that said that recording artists had a right to be paid when satellite radio [[XM and Sirius) and internet radio [[Pandora, AOL and others) played their recordings. Many artists, or their heirs, haven't signed up to collect this money. SoundExchange is holding on to money for many artists and their estates who haven't registered. Pass the word along. Some artists have more than Ten Thousand Dollars waiting for them, though the majority are owed far less.
    Hi John,

I asked a few questions at the 'Clubhouse' if you care to visit there, please... One more question, can you belong to both Sound and CD Baby and collect? Again, thank you for launching this.

Lorraine

Lorraine, are you still posting on here? Did the Soundexchange membership work out for you?

Thank you

Carl

Hi Lorraine. So good to hear from you.