[REMOVE ADS]

Whitney in a remake of SPARKLE ??

Last time I heard anything about Whitney was when she cancelled her concert because of drug problems. Has anyone heard that she is in negotiations to star in a remake of SPARKLE ? Whitney will play the mother of Sparkle who will be played by Jordin Sparks of American Idol. It is surprising to hear that anyone is considering her for anything after her last tour. But if this is true, it may also be an indication that she has gotten her act together and is doing better. Can anyone shed any light on this?

ladonna Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Last time I heard anything about Whitney was when she cancelled her concert because of drug problems. Has anyone heard that she is in negotiations to star in a remake of SPARKLE ? Whitney will play the mother of Sparkle who will be played by Jordin Sparks of American Idol. It is surprising to hear that anyone is considering her for anything after her last tour. But if this is true, it may also be an indication that she has gotten her act together and is doing better. Can anyone shed any light on this?

The last I heard she was on board on the Waiting to Exhale II project as well. It's been a while since I've heard anything about this, however, maybe over a year.

Anyone who cared about reliability and stability and money would not hire Whitney Houston to do anything except put something up her nose and party on with doobie doobie doobies..........

smark21 Guest
    Also, is she insurable, given her past history?

JEEZZZZ!!!! IMO that would be like when they had D.R. do The Wiz. [[No punchin in my face please!!! for that statement ,but did I Lie???) Maybe she could play SISTER , but not Sparkle. Besides she don't hold a candle to Ms. Cara ,with her fine self, both then and today. Yes............I said it!!!!!!!!!!! Sue me!!!!!!! lolololol

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    JEEZZZZ!!!! IMO that would be like when they had D.R. do The Wiz. [[No punchin in my face please!!! for that statement ,but did I Lie???) Maybe she could play SISTER , but not Sparkle. Besides she don't hold a candle to Ms. Cara ,with her fine self, both then and today. Yes............I said it!!!!!!!!!!! Sue me!!!!!!! lolololol
    Read the original post...Whitney would be cast to play Sparkle's mother; Jordin Sparks is being considered for the title role.

Jordan Sparks may be a good choice. I remember years ago when Aaliyah was preparing for the role with a screenplay written by E. Lynn Harris. Now they are both no longer with us. Hopefully it's done well if it's done at all.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    Dianah Ross was way too old to play in the Wiz. She didn't have to steal that part from Stephanie Mills like that.

Marv, I read/heard somewhere that Stephanie Mills didn't photograph well; this was before her nose job. They said on the wide screen her nose would have been a distraction. Now, that's what I heard.

"Read the original post...Whitney would be cast to play Sparkle's mother; Jordin Sparks is being considered for the title role."

Oopps , My Bad , sorry...

I read that Whitney had bought the rights to the "Sparkle" script many years ago. I am thinking that it might be her production company that is doing this movie, but I could be wrong.

Whitney enrolled in an outpatient rehab program earlier this summer. There are also rumours that she will be reprising her role in the sequel to Waiting to Exhale, called "Getting Happy".

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Dianah Ross was way too old to play in the Wiz. She didn't have to steal that part from Stephanie Mills like that.
    It's been over 30 years. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I read that Whitney had bought the rights to the "Sparkle" script many years ago. I am thinking that it might be her production company that is doing this movie, but I could be wrong.

Whitney enrolled in an outpatient rehab program earlier this summer.
    There was talk that Whitney had early stage Emphysema. I'm praying this isn't true but if it is I hope Miss Houston has stopped smoking.

Some of this makes sense..............Whitney owning the rights and the potential emphysema and that Marv is tight with Diana and could be a consultant for any of these ventures including the Flo Ballard movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    and that Marv is tight with Diana and could be a consultant for any of these ventures including the Flo Ballard movie.
    Do we really have to go down this road with every discussion??

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Marv, I read/heard somewhere that Stephanie Mills didn't photograph well; this was before her nose job. They said on the wide screen her nose would have been a distraction. Now, that's what I heard.
    Granted she was not the most atttractive candidate perhaps, maybe at that time, but that role was MADE for her!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    But then again, you may be right. Whitney has been attached to this project since the beginning when it was supposed to star Aaliyah. Whitney is also supposed be executive producer of this new project. I wonder if she is financing it too. I think her life is still too shaky for anyone to take a chance on her financially.

Hey maybe they'll get bobby brown to do the role of[satin]originally done by tony king!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Hey maybe they'll get bobby brown to do the role of[satin]originally done by tony king!!

That would be near perfect, however it will do nothing to rehabilitate Bobby's public image! LOL! Tony King was so good in that role, he made me want to punch the screen! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    that would be near perfect, however it will do nothing to rehabilitate bobby's public image! Lol! Tony king was so good in that role, he made me want to punch the screen! Lol!
    haaaaaaaaaa,hey marv,you know that i was speaking of the irony of such a casting,but is there a sequel to[waiting to exhale]in the works for real?

Whitney went into the studio today with producer Harvey Mason Jr. [[he produced some of her previous recordings) to record her vocals for the Sparkle soundtrack. He said, "One of the best to ever do it. Always an honor to work w/ Whitney."

Well she'll certainly know what she's talking abut if she sings I Get High.