[REMOVE ADS]

pshark Guest

The Headhunters Live!!!

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/the-headhunters/video/
    This is straight up funkaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blackbyrd McKnight is all over that IF YOU GOT IT, YOU'LL GET IT jam! Thank you Wolfgang's Vault. OK Funkheads, I wanna hear some comments

pshark
    cheers mate.absolutley brilliant,made my day!i dont think i've ever seen them on film before.bought the lp straight off blues and soul mag's lp review.they werent wrong,it's still great 36 years on.thanks again!

great feeling and interaction they got goin' on. Paul Jackson is a bass player with a history, and his preaching on GMMF is fantastic.
    This might fit the feeling and greatness of good musicians virtuosity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcjkA5ZAWQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuUh6...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp4LH...eature=related

and a nice short P footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZc9B...eature=related

pshark Guest
    Thanks for responding. I was hoping more people responded. But anyway, here's a scan from one of my old BAM magazine

I got to see them LIVE...WITH Herbie....and sweetening added by Wah Wah Watson and Sheila E. Incredible show !! It wasn't a Herbie Hancock show at all...it was a Headhunters gig, but they all got their time to shine individually. But talk about a tight, cohesive, and FUNKY band ? They had it !

pshark Guest
    ^Wah Wah is another badass guitarist. He was Blackbyrd's mentor. Byrd, Wah Wah & Dennis Coffy are the 3 top jazz funk
    guitarist in my funk book.
    So was that in L.A., 1wicked?
    Here's a lengthy interview with Byrd here

Thanks for posting ! I didn't think there were any video footage available on the Headhunters. I really enjoyed the clips !
    Thanks again !

Oh, and thanks for posting the audio interview with Blackbyrd !

pshark Guest
    ^Thats what I'm here for GEE. I'm glad to see the Funkateers are starting to wake up.
    Wolfgang's Vault is a really cool site. You need to explore it. Can you believe I had that
    BAM Magazine since 78?

Everything I post from now on, gosta be funky!

Oh, I'm already hip to Wolfgang's Vault ! It's been a while that I've been over on that site. I think I need to pay them a visit more often ! That BAM article was cool !

Thanks again !

pshark Guest
    Check out this Winterland Concert list
    Now how cool is that?

pshark
    who was touring with herbie in 1979/80? i saw him but cant remember his backing outfit!i'd had a few that night!

pshark Guest
    Your're in the UK, right tamla? Maybe you were at this London gig:

From youtube uploder:
    Paul groovin' on Herbie's tune "Hang Up Your Hang Ups". Herbie Hancock [[kbds), Paul Jackson [[bass), Alphonse Mouzon [[drums; visit Alphonse at www.tenaciousrecords.com),
    Bennie Maupin [[saxes), Ray Obiedo [[guitar), Bill Summers [[perc) and Webster Lewis Jr. [[kbds). Live in concert from Chelsea College, London 1979.
    Last edited by pshark; 11-05-2011 at 07:32 PM.

pshark
    that must have been the tour!he only did one that year.i saw him at the california ballrooms,dunstable england.about 50 miles northwest of the smoke!
    feb 17th,1979 cost £3.50 came on late 10pm finished midnight.at the time it was the longest gig at that venue,might have been the longest ever there.

No PShark...that was long before I moved to the West Coast. That tour stop was in Dallas or Ft. Worth...but probably Dallas.

Gotcha. They recently had a tour.
    Anybody cop their new cd and is it worth getting?